Hot Toys Metal Gear Solid 3 Snake Eater - The Boss

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Where are you guys pre-ordering? I pre-ordered The Boss and Snake from a local retailer for less than US$180 each! :dunno

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, you're in the Philippines, so it's probably cheaper in Asia. I'm guessing that the prices are marked up in the U.S. and elsewhere because of import fees, taxes, etc.

Well, you're in the Philippines, so it's probably cheaper in Asia. I'm guessing that the prices are marked up in the U.S. and elsewhere because of import fees, taxes, etc.

But these boxed sets are also imported from Hong Kong/China, hence retailers pay taxes as well, and customs duties. Prices shouldn't be that far apart, as shipping from distributor to retailer is cheaper than we think as these ship via sea freight. :dunno

Then you gotta pay to ship the figure to you. I say, couriers & freight forwarders make a killing out of our hobby! :slap

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sdcc2012_sideshow_hottoys_1.jpg

Oh man The Boss is looking worse. This doesn't look like they're changing the face :( i really hope im wrong

Theee ____kk??? Naked Snake is practically 99%.
Naked+Snake.jpg

For me this is the only pic where the sculpt looks amazing. I think when i saw more pics it wasn't as impressive (still looks fantastic though). Hopefully they improve upon it for Solids figures

She looks like she's 60 not 42. and that she just went 10 rounds in the ring and barely won.

I don't understand why they had to make the chest piece like that it just looks so weird. Couldn't they have sculpted it into the body or whatever? The giant seam is just awful.

still no word on whether the zipper will be functional? I would love to buy this figure, but with that outrageous looking uniboob chest (and I liked the costume the way she had it for most of the game) I don't know... Plus, I wonder how well her articulation will work with that suit on- looks restrictive.

And I don't know where they get off charging $215 for that... I might just wait and pray that Play Arts give her a go.

I dont know if its just me but something really look odd on that Boss doll. She looks old, and kinda looks like ellen. Any takers her?

It's just an ugly figure.

We know The Boss is not an idealized female, but she's not THAT far from femininity. She still has some curves and soft enough features on her face in the game. This body and face are just bad.

I have to say it again, your not getting another 1/6 Boss figure anytime soon. It's either this or nothing for the next decade at least.

I'm not a fan of her body, the headsculpt is just OK. I think the Snake headsculpt is too wideheaded and is a bigger problem than the Boss.

I don't understand why they had to make the chest piece like that it just looks so weird. Couldn't they have sculpted it into the body or whatever? The giant seam is just awful.

I hate that part. But what i hate most is that this may be it for the line if she doesn't sell well, not for a lack of interest but because they ballsed it up :mad:

Indeed. They can't just give us crap and tell us to be happy that they're even doing it, along with base the future of the line upon it. Cheap marketing ploy!

It's just like the bull**** with Angelica (and numerous others). Hey HT, maybe we'll buy them if they didn't look like poop in the first place. Then we can meet your quota to make more from the line. How about that?

Indeed. They can't just give us crap and tell us to be happy that they're even doing it, along with base the future of the line upon it. Cheap marketing ploy!

It's just like the bull**** with Angelica (and numerous others). Hey HT, maybe we'll buy them if they didn't look like poop in the first place. Then we can meet your quota to make more from the line. How about that?

Seems like most of their prototypes are the final mold that drops out of Hot Toys' lower intestines anyway.

The only headsculpt in recent memory that was worlds apart from the prototype was Superman.

The Batman 89' was a slam dunk from the get go and was a complete fluke.

Hot Toys = Ever increasing prices, terrible quality control, never increasing accuracy beyond the prototypes

89 came out just the way she was shown. Except for the annoying faceplate issue.

But HT is taking on too much and most lines suffer. I mean they are capable, but they simply don't show the same love for everything.

89 came out just the way she was shown. Except for the annoying faceplate issue.

But HT is taking on too much and most lines suffer. I mean they are capable, but they simply don't show the same love for everything.

:goodpost:

I love Batman and Avenger related character as much as the next guy, thats why i bought them and have them on my shelf, it seems too much to ask from hot toys that they use the other licenses they have and y'know actually make figures from them instead of retreading the same characters over and over

Well they cater to the mainstream "thing" out right now like the Iron Man and Avengers lines and put everything else on the back burner.

Seriously, do we need a dozen ****ing Iron Men? Really?

It took almost two years for them to release the photos of Snake and Boss and they look very underwhelming. I think the headsculpt of Snake is pretty bad, he's got a big head for some reason and he looks like fat headed Leonardo Dicaprio.

when it comes to Hot Toys Female Figurines they always have that noticeable ugly neck line from the HS, i don't know when they gonna fix this

The Boss's however looks better than Hot Toy's Recent Female Figures when it comes to that noticeable neck line

Back