Hot Toys Man Of Steel Teaser

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually would be surprised if it got canceled. The movie would have to be a complete trainwreck. Superman is iconic enough that they could sell a bunch, so long as the suit looks cool ... even if the movie stinks. Keep in mind ... they made a Routh Superman (because the suit looked cool).

SnakeDoc

:exactly: I think the look of the new suit has already gone over well enough with the fan/collecting community that they could justify the figure. And not to keep beating a dead horse, but no one was a fan of the GL suit. It got panned the moment it was seen. And it only got worse the more we saw of it. The exact opposite is happening with the new Superman suit.

Id love for them to go all out with Man of Steel, they're the only HT "Superhero related" figures I want.

I see the potential of me buying three, at most -- Superman, Zod and maybe Jor-El (depending on how badass Crowe is in the part). If Crowe is a badass, yes -- if he's a Shakespearean-sounding prosecutor, probably not.

SnakeDoc

I see the potential of me buying three, at most -- Superman, Zod and maybe Jor-El (depending on how badass Crowe is in the part). If Crowe is a badass, yes -- if he's a Shakespearean-sounding prosecutor, probably not.

SnakeDoc

Agreed. I at least want Superman and Zod. Hopefully they do a good job sculpting Cavill.

Hope the movie is as good as the trailer makes it out to be. Cause i'd love at least 2 from this line.

I'm confident it will be. I've only seen the second trailer, but from what I can tell it looks awesome. Cavill seems to be a great choice for Superman, and the rest of the cast seems great as well. Hans zimmer struck gold with the soundtrack too, it sounds ridiculously cool. Hopefully Zack Snyder does a good job.

I might pick up the Gentle Giant Superman Statue since it'll be a while before we actually get the HT figure.

Supes and Zod for sure. I'm wondering how cool faora and tar-ek? will be. I've never found Jor-el that cool, why does everyone like him?

I really hope HT makes a Faora figure, she looks so badass in the stills and trailers. Plus short hair = sculpted hair. No Black Widow hair messes to deal with.

Just from what i have seen so far i am super pumped for a superman, would love to see a custom cape velvet like the batman ones on this forum

Supes and Zod for sure. I'm wondering how cool faora and tar-ek? will be. I've never found Jor-el that cool, why does everyone like him?

Never particularly liked any previous version -- certainly not enough to spend $200+. Brando was alright. Crowe has potential, though. Depends on how much they deviate from Brando's. The fact that he wears armor is promising.

SnakeDoc

I might pick up the Gentle Giant Superman Statue since it'll be a while before we actually get the HT figure.
GG's making a statue too? :panic: Haven't seen it. Does it look as good or better than Koto's?
Are you talking about Jor-El the character or Crowe/Brando as Jor-El??
For the Character, it's Superman's dad. A brilliant man and scientist and one Krypton's top citizens. What man doesn't want a better life for his son so he does what is necessary to save his son and ensure that his son has a future filled with the potential of greatness

As for the actors who play him, some of the greatest actors IMO and to have an official figure of these actors (especially if you're an actual fan of the actor) is a dream come true.
Considering my love for everything Superman, I can't picture myself not buying the whole line, even if the movie is lame, the visuals are awesome!
I am the same! :hi5:

Man - I'm SOOO down for the Cavill Superman figure when HT pull their finger out.

As for the silly MOTU looking Kryptonian garb on Russ-El & co.. care factor ZERO. :lecture :lol

As excited as i am to get a nice modern Superman figure of a design i really like, there's always the downside with Hot Toys that you'll be waiting around a year from pre-order to release

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back