Hot Toys Luke Skywalker Stormtrooper Disguise review

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michael Crawford

Super Freak
Reaction score
I know I just reviewed a Hot Toys Trooper, but after seeing the new film last night, I'm in the mood to revisit the license again today! It's another trooper...sort of. It's Luke in his Stormtrooper disguise from Hot Toys, and I gotta say I think this is the best young Hamill Luke we've gotten so far. You can find my review here:

Review and photos of Luke Skywalker in Stormtrooper Disguise figure by Hot Toys

or with the rest of the reviews at the usual:

Captain Toy, Michael Crawford's Action Figure and Toy Reviews

And if you haven't seen the movie yet - DO IT! Thanks for reading!

Michael

This is the review I have been most curious about. Posting this before reading. My one issue with this awesome figure: those eyes........not sure what happened, but they have a very strong uncanny valley thing going on....

Update: Mike - pretty sure all the licencors have to use this type of packaging. Don't think HT can improvise....
read review and agree with all but the sweat - clearly intended....but those eyes.....lol.....Happy Holidays! This is the best Luke in Stormtrooper gear and while I have the two pack, I appreciate the effort for this one to have the armor and helmet all fit well

Last edited:
Funny you mention the eyes - as I said in the review, it's the one aspect of the sculpt I'm still not quite sold on.

Funny you mention the eyes - as I said in the review, it's the one aspect of the sculpt I'm still not quite sold on.

You and me both....people here are saying the sculpt is off compared to the actual pic on the box. All it is are those wonky eyes......!!!!! Otherwise, awesome fig! Nice review!

Mike: you ever thought about having a comments section area under each review? That would be great, imo

Last edited:
Thanks as always Mike! I just got this figure and I have to say it's instantly one of my favorites. Of all the films, this is the iconic Luke for me, the Death Star rescue has always been my favorite part of Star Wrs.

I remember when I was over the moon years ago with the Hasbro 12" Han & Luke Stormtroopers. ( I paid $300 for that set, as it was "hard to Find"). Who would have wondered years ago that we'd have a Luke that would look this great!

cslukehaninside.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Good, honest review.

Also photos really gives a good idea of how the actual thing looks like in hand, none of those photoshopped stuffs that glamorizes the figure too much.

Thanks for the review, Michael. This is the first I read all the way through (lots of skimming normally which is a reflection of me and not on you :)) as I have Luke under the Xmas tree and was trying to get excited to open him up--your review did just the trick, great photos too!

Nice review as usual Michael. I have to say that the eyes have also been the one thing about this figure that has been a bit problematic to me, as well. I noticed it on the earliest pics we saw, and on nearly every pic of him since. They look wonky somehow. And I'm not seeing that same issue with the farm boy version for whatever reason.

Very informative review, Mike! When you mention "foam covered adapter," does the figure come with that or is it merely a suggestion? I'm very close to getting this one and was curious.

Thanks for the reviews!

Very informative review, Mike! When you mention "foam covered adapter," does the figure come with that or is it merely a suggestion? I'm very close to getting this one and was curious.

Thanks for the reviews!

The adapter is included with the figure.

Yep, as Aliaz said, it comes with the figure, inside the helmet. Works best when you pop it on first, then put the helmet carefully in place.

Thanks for the adapter info, Aliaz and Michael. I just ordered it with the December code!

Edit: It showed up today and I LOVE it! I haven't played with attaching the helmet yet, but thanks again for the info.

Last edited:
Back