Hot Toys Luke Skywalker figure review

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michael Crawford

Super Freak
Reaction score
Let's start off the new year right with a terrific figure from Hot Toys. They are doing a great job with the Original Trilogy, giving us the key main characters right out of the gate. I'm checking out their release of the ANH Luke Skywalker, another perfect piece in the OT puzzle:

Review and photos of Hot Toys Star Wars Luke Skywalker action figure

You can also find the review with the rest at the usual:

Captain Toy, Michael Crawford's Action Figure and Toy Reviews

Thanks for reading!

Michael

Nice! off to read.
Update: very nice review. I definitely like the simplicity of the packaging more, but I am easy to please. Is this the same head sculpt? I dunno. I guess. My eyes are bad at that kinda stuff.

Mike: you gonna do vader soon? very, very curious as to what your take on that one is/will be?

Good review, Michael. Certainly doesn't get any more iconic than ANH Luke and Leia

@ Matt: Michael mentions at bottom of review that he has Darth Vader and will be doing a review soon. That might be a recent edit, so maybe wasn't there when you read.

Glad this got a 4 out of 4.

Very curious where Vader will land. The voice/electronics are going to really sink this score unfortunately.

Thanks Michael. Agreed. Looking forward to your thoughts on Vader.

Wonder who will score higher: SS or HT Vader?

The HT electronics could drag this one down below the SS score, which would be a deceptive shame.

Nice review - glad this was scored so high. I still don't have mine yet but there's been a surprising number of gripes over this fig's sculpt. Looks pretty damn good to me in pics.

Funny to see the value at 2 1/2 stars. SSC Luke X-Wing must have gotten negative 4 stars.:lol

Very good review Michael.

I think the sculpt is great. It does have it's angles with a camera that can bowl or round the head but on the shelf it is terrific. The eyes can be Avengers Black Widow dead stare from head on, but angling the sculpt can remedy this pretty easy.

I wouldn't knock the value rating as hard given it is $229 with LED light up features and three vary distinctive looks that can be pulled off with this version (4 if you have the exclusive). It does come with an additional hair sculpt as well, which I know is not a full headsculpt but for the price point it is a welcomed accessory.

I am extremely happy with headsculpt, paint and cloths. It is right below Chewbacca as my favorite HT release for the OT so far. Leia my end up taking the line though if that sculpt can make it into production.

Good review, Michael. Certainly doesn't get any more iconic than ANH Luke and Leia

@ Matt: Michael mentions at bottom of review that he has Darth Vader and will be doing a review soon. That might be a recent edit, so maybe wasn't there when you read.

Thanks; could have just missed it too!

Nice review - glad this was scored so high. I still don't have mine yet but there's been a surprising number of gripes over this fig's sculpt. Looks pretty damn good to me in pics.

Funny to see the value at 2 1/2 stars. SSC Luke X-Wing must have gotten negative 4 stars.:lol

A **1/2 means you're getting what you're paying for. It means the Value score has no effect negatively or positively on the Overall. Anything below **1/2 hurts, anything over **1/2 helps.

Back