Statue Hot Toys LIFE-SIZE BvS: DoJ - Armored Batman Life-Size Collectible

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hope we're not getting a 1:1 Rey. Knowing some of the Freaks on this board... :monkey1

1:1 Rey :drool

post-30824-Jack-Nicholson-Creepy-Nodding-t5bI.gif

My boss used to have 2 life size figures in his home studio. Darth Vader and a Stormtrooper. Was really cool. I want to say that back then Sharper Image sold them. I'm trying to remember but I think they were about seven grand a piece. This thing is insane, but it for sure is not for everyone, it's gigantic.

:)

I never understand why the gamble on these big projects from movies that have not endured the test of time. If this movie doesn't hold up, you are gonna ask for thousands of dollars bases solely on something that looks inspired by DKR armor and a love for Batman. Nothing more.

It's nice, but a tough sell for the masses.

I never understand why the gamble on these big projects from movies that have not endured the test of time. If this movie doesn't hold up, you are gonna ask for thousands of dollars bases solely on something that looks inspired by DKR armor and a love for Batman. Nothing more.

It's nice, but a tough sell for the masses.

These aren't made for the masses :lol

Being a 1:1 collector of props and statues I'm excited to see if HT can pull this off. There have been a few other companies offering lifesize statues but they end up missing the mark. I think with HT's reputation they got a shot at really offering something special.

Of course, if the new movie sucks and is forgotten this particular statue's sales might suffer, but I wonder how many other figures they plan to produce? What market is there for these? My guess is these things will easily run $5000+.

:wink1:Bad films have never stopped people buying characters they like, if that was the case sideshow would have gone broke years ago - and Hot Toys too.

:wink1:Bad films have never stopped people buying characters they like, if that was the case sideshow would have gone broke years ago - and Hot Toys too.
In the case of Hot Toys they've been making figures based off the same bad movie for almost 3 years.

Careful, those customers might come in here and tells us why we are wrong until we lose the will to live :gah:
I'll be curious to see if there is a reveal of a 1:1 Superman to accompany armoured Bats.

Back