Hot Toys Justice League Wonder Woman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Repost, hoping the info helps others here:

I purchased the Training Armor version as a gift for my wife who asked for her first 1/6 figure for her Birthday. We are both very impressed with the sculpt and paint, with only one minor annoyance....the hands keep falling off. I took a quick look and pulled back the rubber skin, and I found inside the arms are a hollow tube where the wrist pegs attach. The problem is the metal tube is either too short or the silicone skin is too long....either way the wrist pegs cannot reach fully in to attach to the metal armature in the forearms.

Whats weird is that the wrist pegs look like standard Hot Toys female wrist pegs with with prongs cut off......I assume standard pegs should work, but i don't have any spares handy to try. The next best this would be to extend the stock wrist pegs by 4mm, I pinned (with a thin metal wire) plastic rod to the pegs, thus allowing them to reach securely inside the metal armature:

The extra glue that reinforces the junction between the white plastic rod and wrist peg isn't slop, it provides extra friction to attach inside the metal tube. The wrist pegs now securely attach, without falling off. I assume this may be a problem with all versions of the Hot Toys wonder Women. Hopefully this simple fix withh make everyone's experience with their figure more enjoyable.

Regards,

BOBBY

Just got mine, the sculpt looks way better in person then in photos. I was pleasantly surprised after seeing pics and reading all the negativity on here. No complaints from me. Its nice having this and the training version, can swap HS for additional display options

Repost, hoping the info helps others here:

I purchased the Training Armor version as a gift for my wife who asked for her first 1/6 figure for her Birthday. We are both very impressed with the sculpt and paint, with only one minor annoyance....the hands keep falling off. I took a quick look and pulled back the rubber skin, and I found inside the arms are a hollow tube where the wrist pegs attach. The problem is the metal tube is either too short or the silicone skin is too long....either way the wrist pegs cannot reach fully in to attach to the metal armature in the forearms.

Whats weird is that the wrist pegs look like standard Hot Toys female wrist pegs with with prongs cut off......I assume standard pegs should work, but i don't have any spares handy to try. The next best this would be to extend the stock wrist pegs by 4mm, I pinned (with a thin metal wire) plastic rod to the pegs, thus allowing them to reach securely inside the metal armature:

The extra glue that reinforces the junction between the white plastic rod and wrist peg isn't slop, it provides extra friction to attach inside the metal tube. The wrist pegs now securely attach, without falling off. I assume this may be a problem with all versions of the Hot Toys wonder Women. Hopefully this simple fix withh make everyone's experience with their figure more enjoyable.

Regards,

BOBBY

I have the same issue with my training version, i aint touching those hands again. They fall out if you blow on them

Great Figure & glad I got it. Thanks to those who posted their early pics, it's a great figure!

uc

uc

uc

Got mine a few days ago...
And I join the group of people that are surprised with it in person...
none of the things that had me worried from reading and seeing pics, happen to bother me with the figure in hand...
IMG_6948.JPG
IMG_6917.JPG

Got mine a few days ago...
And I join the group of people that are surprised with it in person...
none of the things that had me worried from reading and seeing pics, happen to bother me with the figure in hand...

....and that pretty much sums up the typical HT figure release cycle.

Question from a new buyer which Wonder Woman is worth the money and if none should i just wait for WW84?

The next one is almost always the best one :lol. But who knows. It's also a looooong wait for the 84 figure. With film release now in 2020. That means figure probably in 2021. Prepared to wait almost 3 years for a potentially better figure ?

Personally, if I were to chose one now I'd get the Justice League version. Sure the head may not be 1000% Gal Gadot, but it's still pretty good. For me I just want a DC representation of the Trinity Batman, WW and Supes. So this serves the purpose fine.

The rest, as far as the body, outfit, etc etc is all win. Especially the body. Collar bone detail and leg definition are great.

Ya wonder woman 84 is a long ways away, the figure will be an even longer wait (add an extra year- year and half after release). There is also a very small chance they won't even release a figure of her in the traditional costume. They never made a regular wonder woman from her solo movie only the training armor, so it could be another variant. If you wait and they don't release one you will get gouged in the secondary market and be pissed. If you want a unique wonder woman, I'd go with the training version (it definitely won't be remade again), otherwise I'd snatch up a Justice League version right now before they are gone. Its a really good figure that comes with a crap ton of accessories. If they do make an 84 version in her traditional costume who knows how much it will cost (lol inflation on these are crazy add 3 more years worth) and what it will come with; in terms of value JL is really good value proposition. Personally I wouldn't wait or chance it. Go with training or JL version, or get both like I did.

Get the JL, the 84 costume is different, this is the only fig that has elements of WW (mother box, cloak,etc.) and almost everyone who has received it in hand is pretty happy. When the 84 comes out and the sculpt is a knockout, you can always pick up a loose head for this, but when that happens, if it happens, wil be years away and by then this JL won't be cheap. Anyway, my .02 :)

GET BOTH! WW Training and WW JL. Both are great! WW JL was a BIG surprise than earlier expectations so if one, then maybe for the theme of it all WW JL. No telling what or if WW 84 and even then no telling after post-release. Not to mention HT and market inflation when it comes to previous and new releases. Hate when those 'dang it why didn't I's' come up after having a chance. Like Balboa said in Rocky III, 'Go for it!'

Maybe Hot Toys should look into other Wonder Woman releases in the meantime from the films that Gal has appeared in. Like Curator Diana Prince or WW1 era Undercover Diana Prince or Ballroom Blue Dress Wonder Woman. So many options and HT can get that head sculpt closer to Gadot style.

Back