Hot Toys Justice League Wonder Woman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i just preordered this figure. My first hot toys figure. I have all the three zero 1/6 Game of Thrones one. In that line, Daenerys is seamless on the top half of her body. I am concerned about Diana's seamless body. Has anyone reported any instances of tearing? I will have her posed in a neutral stance with her arms at her side but I am still concerned. Thanks for all the great pics, they made me preorder her :)

I have the three Hot Toys Wonder Woman figures, and all of them seem to have very well engineered body material... I haven't had any issues at all with the bodies on mine, and as long as you stay within the HT recommended range of articulation for the figures (and keep them dry and out of direct sunlight), I think these will last 5-10 years or even longer without problems. That estimate is based on my experience with these figures, so life expectancy may of course vary... Also, the joints at the feet and hands are conventional (and I think the knee joint is as well?), so there should be no issues at all for those articulation points.

So I did this before, see how she looks sans the wrist and leg armor

Comparison, it’s crazy how off the BVS version seems now iMO

I just got mine yesterday (deluxe version), and it looks pretty phenomenal in hand. The nose is a bit long, and that throws the likeness off slightly from certain angles, but most of the time, the sculpt looks really good. The head might be a tiny bit undersized, but I'm happy with how it is and don't see a need to replace it with the BvS head sculpt. The hair on mine also looked pretty good out of the box (with some minor adjustments). Now I just need to pick up the TA sword/shield, and this can represent the solo movie in my collection.

The only thing I don't like is that the red on the costume is muted (almost brownish). I knew it would be less vibrant than the BvS version based on the proto pictures, but I was still hoping the colors would be a bit brighter. Then again, the actual solo movie costume wasn't super bright, so it's accurate in that sense.

Anybody remember F & F :wink1:

Spoiler Spoiler:
Spoiler Spoiler:

I understood that reference! :hi5:

I just got mine yesterday (deluxe version), and it looks pretty phenomenal in hand. The nose is a bit long, and that throws the likeness off slightly from certain angles, but most of the time, the sculpt looks really good. The head might be a tiny bit undersized, but I'm happy with how it is and don't see a need to replace it with the BvS head sculpt. The hair on mine also looked pretty good out of the box (with some minor adjustments). Now I just need to pick up the TA sword/shield, and this can represent the solo movie in my collection.

The only thing I don't like is that the red on the costume is muted (almost brownish). I knew it would be less vibrant than the BvS version based on the proto pictures, but I was still hoping the colors would be a bit brighter. Then again, the actual solo movie costume wasn't super bright, so it's accurate in that sense.

[/spoiler]

I understood that reference! :hi5:

You should get the TA accessories, it works so well you’d wish they included them with this version and I like how the red is more muted, the solo film wasn’t that much red because of the cold dark backgrounds in the film

Last edited:
Is her armor a little low? Had a brief unbox for mine and her armor looks droopy for mine, similar to the bvs one.

Is her armor a little low? Had a brief unbox for mine and her armor looks droopy for mine, similar to the bvs one.

Nope, it’s actually a tad higher than the BvS version which is more film accurate .if yours is too low ..you might have a defect :lecture

Nope, it’s actually a tad higher than the BvS version which is more film accurate .if yours is too low ..you might have a defect :lecture

I can't make a direct comparison since I sold bvs. It looks like yours in the pics above and the armor looks lower than it is on film.

I got my deluxe Wonder Woman yesterday and really like her and glad I got it. But I can't figure out how to unclasp the strap to put the lasso on... I don't want to break it and it doesn't seem to easily come loose. Also, her "skirt" has those gaps in the back I remember people showing on the BvS version... Isn't there a fix for that? I also need a tutorial on how to better style her hair :lol And my only other "concern" (but not really worried about it) is that her right knee is crazy stiff when trying to pose her and I wonder about any issues with the joints and body over all I should be concerned with.

To me, on all of the comparison pictures shown since this figures release....including the pictures directly above of bvs and JL versions standing next to each other, the distance between her collar bone and the top of the armour looks almost identical. I don't think there has been any change in the placement of her armour between the two versions.

You should get the TA accessories, it works so well you’d wish they included them with this version and I like how the red is more muted, the solo film wasn’t that much red because of the cold dark backgrounds in the film

Lovely pose! I'm definitely planning on getting the TA accessories.

And thanks for the screenshots. I rewatched the trailers, and it's surprising how much brighter I thought the outfit was (or maybe compared to BvS, it was all super bright).

Everything about this figure is amazing except for the headsculpt, still no regrets over cancelling my order and waiting for ww1984. That said, it’s interesting no one has challenged a custom gal gadot sculpt yet, it has Logan $$$ potential.

I finally opened mine last night. The head sculpt is pretty killer in hand, and her hair looks a lot better than I initially thought. I will say that her portrait to me is dead on when viewed from her right side, but less so she viewed from the left. This is a major upgrade from BvS in every way. I think a little more of the top and back of the head could have been trimmed down, but it's still good. The shield is kind of ***** to get on the harness. I accidentally snapped one of the foot pegs trying to get it straight. That sucks, but I'm otherwise very happy with this figure.

I got my deluxe Wonder Woman yesterday and really like her and glad I got it. But I can't figure out how to unclasp the strap to put the lasso on... I don't want to break it and it doesn't seem to easily come loose. Also, her "skirt" has those gaps in the back I remember people showing on the BvS version... Isn't there a fix for that? I also need a tutorial on how to better style her hair :lol And my only other "concern" (but not really worried about it) is that her right knee is crazy stiff when trying to pose her and I wonder about any issues with the joints and body over all I should be concerned with.

Hmmm.. at least on both of mine I don’t have those gaps in the back with the skirt compared to the BVS version which is more noticeable. TBH, I really don’t get how some are reporting these issues..low armor, skirt gaps, loose joints, etc.. I’ve had no issues with either mine of my JL versions . I guess there are a few defects that are starting to ship and that’s not good..all I can say for those who are having these problems need to let their source whether vendor or SSC that these are indeed defects and that they need to be replaced . :lecture

I’m serious IMO , this JL should be a solid piece like both of mine and if anyone are seeing issues out of the box then I’m sorry to say they definitely have a defective piece. :lecture

Now to answer your question..yes those leg joints are incredibly stiff at first . But you can bend the legs

An example

My advice is to go slowly ..grab and hold the knee armor and then gently start rotating the leg up from the back of the knee , you’ll know it’s moving because you can feel it pushing upwards.

So far as with any posing on a seamless body you don’t want to keep her in extremely crazy poses for long but I will say I find it much easier to put the JL version in an extreme pose and then put it back to neutral without any marks like the BVS, with some poses like this

There are marks at first, but if you do like I suggest then they actually disappear after a few minutes so I think for the most part that HT are slowly fixing the crease issue with this body. Of course if you choose to keep her in museum stance that’s fine as well but don’t be afraid if you want to put her in a action pose, you will find it’s not as bad as an issue as it was with the BVS version

As for the hair, SecretAvenger posted an excellent tutorial on that a few pages back but if you don’t have the patience, I would suggest brushing her hair back with a toothbrush rather than a comb or hair brush . What works for me is using a soft bristle toothbrush , ( a baby or kids tooth brush is even better)

Too thick in the front as it was right out of the box

What I notice right out of the box is her bangs are a mess . The thing is that Gal has her hair pulled in the bangs as far back as possible exposing her forehead above the tiara . Unfortunately, the hair on the hs was molded tightly on the front bangs with little space exposing her forehead, however if you try using some product or even brushing with a soft toothbrush or futzing with the bangs and pulling it far back trying to expose the fore head as much as you can. Another way in doing so is try to get the sides of the tiara to show as much as possible in making the bangs pulled back and layered over her tiara exposing the sides of her tiara

You will find that it helps.will it be 100% probably not because it is glued to thick in the front, but like I suggested, try combing the bangs far back as possible would be a start . If you can apply product to hold the bangs back that’s even better.

Last edited:

I ripped mine a little bit when I first tried to do it. I wish it was just a magnet, but it is a real working pleather into stud latch. I used an knife with the dull side to slip it in between the leather pieces to separate it from the studs. It's really too difficult and prone to damage.

I ripped mine a little bit when I first tried to do it. I wish it was just a magnet, but it is a real working pleather into stud latch. I used an knife with the dull side to slip it in between the leather pieces to separate it from the studs. It's really too difficult and prone to damage.

I actually like the two studs as opposed to the one on the BVS it adds more stability. If you use an object to detach the strap it works better . It’s only stuck out of the box because of friction , but once you detach the strap it’s easier without tearing the strap

So I did this before, see how she looks sans the wrist and leg armor

Comparison, it’s crazy how off the BVS version seems now iMO

Wow, is that Gal's stunt double on the right? It's so puzzling to me that some here thought the JL looked more like the BvS than the TA. What the heck were they looking at?! The BvS looks like WW Barbie :lol

Wow, is that Gal's stunt double on the right? It's so puzzling to me that some here thought the JL looked more like the BvS than the TA. What the heck were they looking at?! The BvS looks like WW Barbie :lol
Yet everything about the figure on the right looks more like Gal than JL. It does look " barbie ". And yet, still looks more like Gal. If anything, BVS looks like a cheaper version of a HT head that looks roughly like Gal Gatot. As opposed to the JL version looks nothing at all like Gal Gadot at all but is more detailed.

Some kind of weird stockholm syndrome going on with the justice league version of the figure and its defenders here. I hope none of you are ever called to court to give witness to anything.

Can people please help me? This is my first Wonder Woman hot toy and it seems like her head sculpt and body flesh tones are just slightly off. If you pull back the hair to see where neck and head meet, how exact a match are they? I’m not sure if I’m crazy or it just lighting or what and if I need to TRY and get a replacement when it may be so hard to determine the issue. Do they all have slightly shiny and slightly tanner bodies than heads? Any pictures please would also help!

Back