Hot Toys Justice League Wonder Woman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now you guys know why I kept stressing on the fact..just wait to see it in hand because the camera mutes the fine details and wrinkles and the shape and angles of the HS taking away the features that resemble Gal as WW . I’m also happy that some are noticing that by styling her hair the hs can even bring out the resemblance even more . Great job SecretAvenger on her hair btw and beautiful pics

Even styled I like this hair better than the BVS , iMO it’s easier to style

With that said, that’s why I prefer putting her in the solo film poses more than her JL persona :wink1:

“ Goodbye Brother “

Last edited:

Secret avenger, please, share the process to achive hair like yours...
You accomplished precisely what I was hoping to do when mine arrives...
Reduce the volume at the top, and no big waves at the side of her forehead, but slightly curly at the bottom...

Yeah... everyone uses one hair product or another, but I have absolutely no Idea, what I would have to do later with the comb to achieve those results...:(

I opened mine up yesterday and I was happy to see how well groomed the hair was right out of the box. I was thinking it was going to be a nest but it was pretty easy to do. I think she looks great.

My few Cons:

1. The lasso holder was really hard to open up, I ripped it a little bit trying to get it open. I would've just preferred some magnetic holder instead of actual working studs and 'leather.'

2. The stand is absurdly large. I don't know what they were thinking with it being so tall. I like the rectangular Star Wars ones that have some height, but this is over twice as tall.

Now you guys know why I kept stressing on the fact..just wait to see it in hand because the camera mutes the fine details and wrinkles and the shape and angles of the HS taking away the features that resemble Gal as WW . I’m also happy that some are noticing that by styling her hair the hs can even bring out the resemblance even more . Great job SecretAvenger on her hair btw and beautiful pics

Even styled I like this hair better than the BVS , iMO it’s easier to style

With that said, that’s why I prefer putting her in the solo film poses more than her JL persona :wink1:

Very nice, Guyver! I think this shot is particularly strong:

044E8D30-6E57-4880-B942-708256297754.jpeg

This is my first seamless figure so I'm kinda scared to take pictures in action poses lol. But here's more portrait shots of this gorgeous figure if anyone is still on the fence.

DSC_0249.jpg

DSC_0258.jpg

E2EFA72C-CB3B-46B3-8496-777C4B43BFBB.jpg

IMG_1311.jpg

Secret avenger, please, share the process to achive hair like yours...
You accomplished precisely what I was hoping to do when mine arrives...
Reduce the volume at the top, and no big waves at the side of her forehead, but slightly curly at the bottom...

Yeah... everyone uses one hair product or another, but I have absolutely no Idea, what I would have to do later with the comb to achieve those results...:(

It was honestly a trial and error process. The hair is very flat out of the packaging and it just masks the likeness of the figure and I'm a stickler when it comes to screen accuracy. So I just pulled a screencap of Gal from the solo movie for reference and tried to emulate the hair as close as possible. I first washed the hair with shampoo to soften it a bit and while still wet I curled some strands with craft bendable fuzzy sticks from Michaels. I left those curls to set and when I took it off I carefully combed it. I used tweezers to pick out different curls to emulate Gal's curls from the movie. I made sure that the hair did not obscure her face because even covering parts of it makes her face angular unlike Gal who has a very soft roundish face. I then used a small tip paintbrush to apply hair gel to set those curls. To flatten the top and the sides of her hair I took the plastic that protected the sculpt in the packaging, put it on the head, and wrap a rubber band around it and applied some gel to set the shape. I left it there to set for an hour or so. After that I just did some futzing until I got the hair to what I wanted. The gel I used is called "ampro Pro Styl protein styling gel" which I got from walmart. The gel is the same color as the hair so it was perfect. I only used a fine paint brush to apply it. As you can see the likeness is immensely improved.

Hopefully that helped and wasn't too confusing! I would've made a video but I didn't know how it was going to turn out at all.

IMG_1300 2.jpg

It was honestly a trial and error process. The hair is very flat out of the packaging and it just masks the likeness of the figure and I'm a stickler when it comes to screen accuracy. So I just pulled a screencap of Gal from the solo movie for reference and tried to emulate the hair as close as possible. I first washed the hair with shampoo to soften it a bit and while still wet I curled some strands with craft bendable fuzzy sticks from Michaels. I left those curls to set and when I took it off I carefully combed it. I used tweezers to pick out different curls to emulate Gal's curls from the movie. I made sure that the hair did not obscure her face because even covering parts of it makes her face angular unlike Gal who has a very soft roundish face. I then used a small tip paintbrush to apply hair gel to set those curls. To flatten the top and the sides of her hair I took the plastic that protected the sculpt in the packaging, put it on the head, and wrap a rubber band around it and applied some gel to set the shape. I left it there to set for an hour or so. After that I just did some futzing until I got the hair to what I wanted. The gel I used is called "ampro Pro Styl protein styling gel" which I got from walmart. The gel is the same color as the hair so it was perfect. I only used a fine paint brush to apply it. As you can see the likeness is immensely improved.

Hopefully that helped and wasn't too confusing! I would've made a video but I didn't know how it was going to turn out at all.

View attachment 429581

Pure genius! I love the time you took! Appreciate the detailed tips as well.

Goes to show the sculpt is the same as the TA and that the likeness is there. It’s simply the hair that needs tweaking. Which is the point a lot of us have been hammering DESPITE the inconsequential and subtle differences between this head and the training armor head that some have been pointing out.

Definitely gonna be using your tips. Thanks again! I knew it was inevitable that someone would accomplish this.

i just preordered this figure. My first hot toys figure. I have all the three zero 1/6 Game of Thrones one. In that line, Daenerys is seamless on the top half of her body. I am concerned about Diana's seamless body. Has anyone reported any instances of tearing? I will have her posed in a neutral stance with her arms at her side but I am still concerned. Thanks for all the great pics, they made me preorder her :)

Back