Hot Toys Justice League Wonder Woman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Everybody is entitled to their opinion ...I love this version...head to toe much more better than BVS now IMO

As I sensed in hand to the naked eye the hair ruins it

Right out of the box. The hair is an eyesore IMO

My secret weapon worked wonders on her hair :wink1: just like the BVS but even better now IMO

It just looks more natural and realistic now.

Yes the nose is slightly pointy than TA, but IMO, in hand it's hardly noticeable once you style her hair

I'm going to style the hair some more and action poses are coming

Magnificent as always, Guyver!

Is your hair weapon truly secret, or are you willing to share?

:lol

Water Wax...no stiffness, no flaking, no residue, goes on easily, you can wash it out if you want, but nah. The hair is actually softer and less frizzy than BVS IMO

But my styling goes beyond that

WOW! What a great pic! That MOS sculpt is the HT winner for Cavill, IMHO.

This??

9C24E92B-8FF6-4118-A296-AB2987C14D08.jpg

That was me.

You seem to be in a muddle. Just look at this and type the first words that come to mind. Bearing in mind this is a PG forum.

View attachment 427285

I was specifically referring to the figure's portrait. I don't know if you've bothered to look at my previous posts but I very much admitted that the nose on the profile is larger than the actress'. But to me the front portrait of the figure, in my absolute honest opinion, is undeniably Gal Gadot. I posted that comment specifically to those who think that the sculpt looks nothing like the actress. I am not in a "muddle" and I am definitely keeping my pre-order. I don't understand why you have to ruin the excitement for people who are actually looking forward for the figure. And after seeing guyver1's pictures of his JL Wonder Woman figure I'm still confused as to why you would sell the BvS version, cancel the pre-order for this figure and immediately re-order the BvS version. But whatever, different strokes for different folks I guess.

Everybody is entitled to their opinion ...I love this version...head to toe much more better than BVS now IMO

As I sensed in hand to the naked eye the hair ruins it

Right out of the box. The hair is an eyesore IMO

My secret weapon worked wonders on her hair :wink1: just like the BVS but even better now IMO

It just looks more natural and realistic now.

Yes the nose is slightly pointy than TA, but IMO, in hand it's hardly noticeable once you style her hair

I'm going to style the hair some more and action poses are coming

To me IMO the BvS version almost looks like a knockoff when side by side with the JL. That final pic reminds me of when she rose from the trenches during No Man's Land. Awesome pictures man!

So for someone with both this and the TA fig - is the sculpt actually smaller? Or it it a trick of the eyes because of the rooted hair?

It's all your preference I guess. Once I fixed the hair, everything seem to fall into place better for the overall look of the figure IMO. I can't deny that the TA sculpt is slightly and I do mean slightly better by maybe a fraction because the skin tone is a bit better,

but honestly it really doesn't matter..They both look like Gal IMO as WW more than the BVS and yes the expression is the same as the TA. The only difference is the width of her nose, but like I said hardly noticeble once the hair is styled right

Pics really don't do it justice.

I noticed and you guys might think I'm nuts but the body is more posable than BVS, with less of a chance of creasing

IMO don't cancel..this version is more sturdy..especially the feet aren't wobbly anymore. I love how the boots fit more securly. The armor seems more proportionate and asethically, now the BVS looks a bit cartoonish now and more out of place.

Ha ha.......and yet sir, the debate will no doubt continue. I notice that on the TA thread a boarder just rated the TA likeness a 9/10 but the JL 5/10.....how can the same head be 4 points less on likeness? Complete madness.

Either they are both average or both amazing. I'm in the both average camp, but there are some bizarre arguments persisting.

I made that statement because to me they look completely different. The slightest subtleties in face structure make major differences.

Nose is longer on JL, lips/mouth are narrower. From a side view, and I’ve seen multiple reviews show this, the chin on TA version is not as flat/perpendicular to the ground. Because of that the TA version gives the allusion that it has a longer/taller face because of it and it just looks like Gal.

The JL version is well tailored but looks like a generic person.

Just my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fantastic shots and poses Guyver! I'm still not really seeing a great likeness myself, but I'm glad you're happy with it. And you're definitely made the hair look a whole lot better.

Fantastic shots and poses Guyver! I'm still not really seeing a great likeness myself, but I'm glad you're happy with it. And you're definitely made the hair look a whole lot better.

Agreed.
Congratulations to those who have it and they're happy with it. In the end, that's all that matters.
I do think the best I've seen it is with Guyver's pics, cause he's done a great job of fixing the hair.

but with the picture of all 3 Wonder woman, TA is a home run.
But when it comes to the other two, I think the issue most people are having is when its stated, that one blows away the other.
It doesnt. Neither one has a great likeness.
So its just an option of do you want A or B.

For me personally, although I can see that in comparison pics, the BvS does look more BARBIEish compared to JL,
I also still find it more appealing.

It’s unfortunate that the camera drowns out the delicate features, wrinkles, etc so in hand to the naked eye, it really realistically resembles Gal as WW. The nose really isn’t a glaring problem .

Honestly now when I compare the BVS version next to this one ..the BVS looks so plain and her makeup sticks out way too much making it seem very boring compared to this new sculpt. Also the body seems more proportionate to the armor compared to BVS which seems so a little disproportionate to the body now.

Going all the way from the top of her chest armor down to the skirt, knee pads, boots, etc seem to mesh more naturally to the seamless body now. Now, the BVS boots look a little too large for the legs and knee guards seem flimsy compared to JL knee armor.

I will say again I think they did improve the body somewhat, I can put her in dynamic poses and it looks more natural to the naked eye .

Again, the hair is the key . Out of the box it’s too flat and shapeless, but once you fix the bangs and put more bounce into the shape of the hair, I can say once again the hair is improved, with less frizz and more better flow too it

Back