Hot Toys Justice League Wonder Woman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm still not sure whether to get the BvS or JL version.
Not sure which face sculpt to go with...

I already have the JL version mine in preorder, just waiting on arrival...

Instead of debating forever, I thought of maybe just getting the BvS head on ebay or something, so at least I have both...

Last edited:
Secret Base has her on display and I think it looks great.

2 poses, 1 just standing there in her robe. The other is rushing to attack with hair styled with momentum. That 2nd one looked so awesome.

yeah its definitely the same sculpt down to the nose infact the only difference is the paint job like people have been saying on here, theres no pointier nose on the JL one its exact mold as the training armor one but hey if the people who own own both and clearly are best to judge for now cant convince you then idk what can lol to each their own

Yeah even if the JL head were tilted back a fraction more, the nose would still appear longer.

:exactly:

But it's not just that-- the cheeks on the JL head are clearly more sunken in too, which is contributing to the more gaunt look this seems to have.

Yeah I noticed that to, but that could be due to the lighting. :dunno

Ultimately though, whether the sculpt has been tweaked or if it's just some weird optical illusion created by the rooted hair, it's just isn't working for me nearly as well as the TA head, and doesn't look nearly enough like Gadot for my taste. Which is a bummer, because I was really hoping to upgrade the head on my BVS figure.

So passing on this then?

She looks great in this review, check out the closeups of the headsculpt (best I've seen) and proof both the TA and JL sculpts are one and the same.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tz7OAwaHczo

Really looking forward to this now. Always was...

This is not proof at all, IMO the face on the TA still looks wider and the jaw line looks rounder when he is flipping through the images on the TA sculpt and JL one. Right now I don't think there is enough evidence for either theory to be proven right, only time will tell for sure when more people have both in hand if everything about the sculpt other than the nose is the same as the Training one.

Last edited:
This is not proof at all, IMO the face on the TA still looks wider and the jaw line looks rounder when he is flipping through the images on the TA sculpt and JL one.

If you put your finger to the edge of any place along the jaw line while it is morphing back and forth between the TA and JL version you will see that the jawline never moves. It is always the same. Now, there is a shadow from the hair on the JL version that might make the face look thinner, but again you can mark any place along the jaw and when it changes to the other version the jawline is the same in every spot.

It is the same sculpt... If there are slight variances in how pointy the the very tip of the nose might have come out in the production of this run compared to the TA run, perhaps... but it is clearly the same sculpt.

I notice she has the same gap in her skirt at the back that the BvS version had. Not something that will bother me but still you'd think they would have fixed that lol.

Impressed with how that mother box has turned out. Hopefully the tactical suit Batman releases soon.

If you put your finger to the edge of any place along the jaw line while it is morphing back and forth between the TA and JL version you will see that the jawline never moves. It is always the same. Now, there is a shadow from the hair on the JL version that might make the face look thinner, but again you can mark any place along the jaw and when it changes to the other version the jawline is the same in every spot.

I am not saying you are wrong but the whole picture of her portrait moves left and right when the guy is morphing the image from the TA to the JL, so it's quite hard to determine if the jaw line moves or not, at least it is for me. Maybe the face is the same width but the jaw shape still looks different to me.

It is the same sculpt... If there are slight variances in how pointy the the very tip of the nose might have come out in the production of this run compared to the TA run, perhaps... but it is clearly the same sculpt.

IMO I still think there are more variances than that, when I watched the video it appears to me that the jaw shape has a squarer look to it. It just doesn't look as round as it does on the Training version, but that's just my opinion. I could use comparison pics to show what I mean but I just don't think its worth getting into.

Last edited:
Just got mine. Some things are nice but over all I just get more vibes from the BVS version so defo selling this on. Wish I could keep the coat though. I hope these pics will help with decision making. :)

b68c61e48fce34094f93bd4884a2d678.png

cb6310075a7f4169fcf4a22fee444cd9.png

025c35e668c59aac18d2043ce22e2362.png

14212316f59fabb6b3f056f83ea0e463.png

04beefced1a9346f651c1976fae90247.png

878a4e5d0ef90a0ffb9a0461f491529d.png

76128259376a9b8e400827b8ae14d92d.png

Going to keep my order but I have know clue when it's going to ship out.....Its Sep now and I have heard nothing. I paid in full but maybe I will hear something from them tomrrow. I got the deluxe version because I really like the coat.

Interesting. I come to the exact opposite conclusion.

If I’ve said it once, ive said it a thousand times, arguing likeness is a fool’s errand. At the end of the day, it’s just fully subjective, and no one is wrong.

I have absolutely no doubt that your opinion is genuine, and based on exactly what you see, Eamon, and yet another person perceives it differently. Two equally valid reports on the information we see, opposite conclusions.

No point in argument, just buy what you love. Hope you love your BVS, my friend. Can’t wait to get my JL!

:hi5: :duff

Interesting. I come to the exact opposite conclusion.

If I’ve said it once, ive said it a thousand times, arguing likeness is a fool’s errand. At the end of the day, it’s just fully subjective, and no one is wrong.

I have absolutely no doubt that your opinion is genuine, and based on exactly what you see, Eamon, and yet another person perceives it differently. Two equally valid reports on the information we see, opposite conclusions.

No point in argument, just buy what you love. Hope you love your BVS, my friend. Can’t wait to get my JL!

:hi5: :duff

Yep QGF, I thought exactly the same thing. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder I guess....and that's OK.

I have the BvS WW and not planning on getting this although I do dig the accessories. Can’t go wrong with either one.

Bring on Wonder Woman 84...most likely they'll get it accurate, exclude a plethora of accessories and charge about the same for the efforts....wolverine and black widow come to mind...hey, we're all rich...like cereal, collect them all!

Back