Hot Toys Justice League Wonder Woman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:rotfl

I won't be a stickler for complete screen accuracy on this one, lol I think I like how she looks without the harness, in my opinion. I'll have to track down the TA sword and shield as SilverStar mentioned.

I suggest the armband too. I think that adds character and something just does not look right without it. Honest opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

With that much better HT sculpt coming, I'll be very tempted to put together a proper 2017 movie version, with the armor painted that darker soot color with red highlights. It's a shame we never really got that one.

With that much better HT sculpt coming, I'll be very tempted to put together a proper 2017 movie version, with the armor painted that darker soot color with red highlights. It's a shame we never really got that one.

Is there a pic of that new headsculpt without helmet ?

Going by the helmeted pic there's no way for me to tell what it would look like with hair etc.

No I haven't seen any yet, but there's enough of the face visible that I can easily see it working a whole lot better than the BVS and JL sculpts at least. In fact even the TA sculpt looks a bit off to me now in comparison to this new one.

I got this figure always with the intent of using it as a 2017 version, especially being that it came with the cloak. I also have the TA version so I used the GK sword and shield from the figure along with the cloak, and I quite like how it looks like that.

1EA2FD13-077C-4CB7-97F1-EE32E819A9AB.jpg

I got this figure always with the intent of using it as a 2017 version, especially being that it came with the cloak. I also have the TA version so I used the GK sword and shield from the figure along with the cloak, and I quite like how it looks like that.

View attachment 485629

Looks great!

I did the same exact thing once my JL WW arrived with the HT’s cloak. I originally had bought a 3rd party cloak from someone (I think it was UC) but the HT’s was much more accurate even from a distance. That’s my favorite combo for sure, JL WW, HT’s cloak with TA sword & shield.

Thank you. And yes, agreed. Though excluding traditional armor, I think the TA WW is the best WW figure in general.

Good idea!

I suggest the armband too. I think that adds character and something just does not look right without it. Honest opinion.

Will take note!

Thank you. And yes, agreed. Though excluding traditional armor, I think the TA WW is the best WW figure in general.

Admittedly, I'm impressed with this JL WW, I bit the bullet and ordered a Training Armor version!

View attachment 485629

Damn the cloak does look really good there. You just inspired me to finally buy one of those on ebay. I've had the unreal toys one for awhile, but the fringe just looks so much better on this one.

Did you have to rinse out any of the dye first? I've heard that was an issue for some people, but not sure how serious...

Thank you.

Yes the fringe on the HT cloak is nice, and the cloak itself has a nice drape to it. As far as rinsing it, I personally didn’t. It probably wouldn’t hurt, but what I did just incase was simply cut a few pieces of plastic Saran Wrap and loosely covered her shoulders and upper back, as well as her arms. Basically any place where the weight of the coat would be pressing down against the skin. I’ve had it like this for about a year and it’s been fine. Nothing on the legs either where the cloak very lightly makes contact with the skin, but the weight of it also isn’t pressing down against them like it would against the shoulders or arms.

That Golden Armor Wonder Woman looks amazing! That sculpt is killer! If I get her, I might just display her without the wings and helmet. That sculpt, along with her hair flowing on the golden armor looks stunning.

Received my GACTOYS Wonder Woman headsculpt today. Overall pretty pleased with it. But there are a few notes...

The first, of course, is that most of us will be buying this as a replacement for the less than perfect Justice League sculpt, so you?ll have to be willing to deal with the mainly silver tiara seen in BvS instead of the mainly gold one from JL. for me, that?s a pretty minor nit.

But the first thing you will note while working with this head is the VERY firm likeness to Gal (which the pics below don?t quite do justice to), especially in comparison to the JL effort. It may not be WW84 perfect, but it?s pretty darn good, IMHO.

The main nit I need to call out here is that you?ll have to fight at least a little bit to counter the pin head look on this one. The JL body does not skimp when it comes to giving Diana that true ?Amazon? stature, so this head suffers marginally from the down sizing effect we see on a lot of Chinese knockoffs. I don?t mean to scare anyone off, it?s really not too, too bad. My technique to deal with this was to try to lift and volumize the hair around her face and to try to lift the hair off of the top of the scalp some. Feel free to judge my success or failure with this below!

Cheers!

1E340736B4264FF98E6C.jpeg

Last edited:
Received my GACTOYS Wonder Woman headsculpt today. Overall pretty pleased with it. But there are a few notes...

The first, of course, is that most of us will be buying this as a replacement for the less than perfect Justice League sculpt, so you?ll have to be willing to deal with the mainly silver tiara seen in BvS instead of the mainly gold one from JL. for me, that?s a pretty minor nit.

But the first thing you will note while working with this head is the VERY firm likeness to Gal (which the pics below don?t quite do justice to), especially in comparison to the JL effort. It may not be WW84 perfect, but it?s pretty darn good, IMHO.

The main nit I need to call out here is that you?ll have to fight at least a little bit to counter the pin head look on this one. The JL body does not skimp when it comes to giving Diana that true ?Amazon? stature, so this head suffers marginally from the down sizing effect we see on a lot of Chinese knockoffs. I don?t mean to scare anyone off, it?s really not too, too bad. My technique to deal with this was to try to lift and volumize the hair around her face and to try to lift the hair off of the top of the scalp some. Feel free to judge my success or failure with this below!

Cheers!

It looks pretty good, but is the color off or is it the photo?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Cheers!

Thanks for the review man!
I think it looks really good. Can you post full body pics?

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

Back