Hot Toys Justice League Cyborg

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think the pandemic could play a big role in determining what figures HT can/will put up for order in the rest of 2020. They've obviously held back on Black Widow related figures due to its delayed release. With restrictions being relaxed (and social distancing being ignored :slap) despite no vaccine being available, COVID-19 could well see a resurgence that would prompt stricter measures and further delays for new films & TV shows, which in turn would tie HT's hands with regards to releasing figures for those properties. If that happens, HT might revisit some of the figures they've either passed on (Cyborg, Shazam) or dragged their feet on (Mantis, Yon-Rogg, Valkyrie) to go along with whatever Mandalorian & Clone Wars characters they have planned in an attempt to fill out the balance sheet.

I think the pandemic could play a big role in determining what figures HT can/will put up for order in the rest of 2020. They've obviously held back on Black Widow related figures due to its delayed release. With restrictions being relaxed (and social distancing being ignored :slap) despite no vaccine being available, COVID-19 could well see a resurgence that would prompt stricter measures and further delays for new films & TV shows, which in turn would tie HT's hands with regards to releasing figures for those properties. If that happens, HT might revisit some of the figures they've either passed on (Cyborg, Shazam) or dragged their feet on (Mantis, Yon-Rogg, Valkyrie) to go along with whatever Mandalorian & Clone Wars characters they have planned in an attempt to fill out the balance sheet.

I totally agree with you. The pandemic could make hot toys turn to old projects. However we might still see them announced / released very later on. In case of cyborg, HT will want to see the Snyder's cut first. That's 2021. They're gonna wait for the reaction. Then make an announcement probably in 2022. Then release the figure in 2023. I think it's still a very long way before we see Cyborg. Your best best is the custom Cyborg by Kevin W on facebook. His Cyborg looks awesome.

I want competition, but there's no one on HT's level (except Blitzway, and they do one character a year). Who is as good as Hot Toys?

At the moment one of the biggest hindrance is that HT holds many licences. Because HT holds the licenses, other company just can't release the same thing. So third party is the other options for now. Toys Era have shown that they have the means to make textured suit like Hot Toys. They are still lacking in the sculpting and paint department, and consistencies. But they can get to that level if they have the funds. But again, they don't have the licenses.

I totally agree with you. The pandemic could make hot toys turn to old projects. However we might still see them announced / released very later on. In case of cyborg, HT will want to see the Snyder's cut first. That's 2021. They're gonna wait for the reaction. Then make an announcement probably in 2022. Then release the figure in 2023. I think it's still a very long way before we see Cyborg. Your best best is the custom Cyborg by Kevin W on facebook. His Cyborg looks awesome.

You happen to have a link to this Kevin W custom? At this point I'm not holding out hope on any official release in my lifetime. Willing to pay for a custom if possible. I hate this situation because I was expecting the Hot Toys one so I held off on the Mafex or Beast Kingdom figures as I'd prefer to spend the money on a 1/6 scale Cyborg. Now I've missed out on all of them. Love this character. Wish there were more options.

You happen to have a link to this Kevin W custom? At this point I'm not holding out hope on any official release in my lifetime. Willing to pay for a custom if possible. I hate this situation because I was expecting the Hot Toys one so I held off on the Mafex or Beast Kingdom figures as I'd prefer to spend the money on a 1/6 scale Cyborg. Now I've missed out on all of them. Love this character. Wish there were more options.

Kevin just announced his Cyborg pre-orders are closed. You can find him on FB as Iron Geek 37. I missed out on this Cyborg, just don't have the funds right now. Kevin does amazing work.

https://instagram.com/iron_geek_37?igshid=xpo91nnyg4aa

I read Cyborg is a more central character in the Snyder Cut with a deeper back story, that should be a good enough reason for HT to finally release the figure.

If ZSJL is a hit on HBO Max next year (first as a miniseries then as a film) I?d actually be surprised if we don?t see the figure released.

IMG_4612.jpg
JC liked my comment asking him if Hot Toys would be making Cyborg with the advent of the Snyder Cut. May be tinfoil hat, he was throwing lots of likes around to almost everyone commenting on his Instagram post. But it's something.

Saw on reddit
c7ee6b8d28e42d08b91f92fe193d87e5.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Will be interesting if it's true. As I said in the other thread, we all pretty much predicted Knightmare Batman and Black Suit Superman. Only surprise with that release is that it turned out to be a 2 pack on deal.

Last edited:
Would be so happy if this turns out to be true! I already liked the character but wow his arc in the Snyder cut is just so good.

Would have to get one of those soap reactor packs if this figure does happen. Without the light up functions he just won't look anywhere near as good and I hate batteries.

Cyborg deserved a figure more than a Knightmare reissue. And they already had a prototype done, this is the perfect excuse.

Been dying for HT to release him ever since he was teased...
I did not get the whole JL set. I got Flash and Aquaman as complement to my BVS set..
So for me, blacksuit supes and Knightmare is a welcomed gesture..[emoji56]

I"ve check his latest live stream, he just said his source.. no details tho..

It makes sense, they've already produced it. And he's pretty much the main character. If they do I hope they rerelease the rest fo the League, I only have Batman - sold Aquaman and Wonder Woman.

His source also said 89 Keaton and Joker re issues. And that has yet to materialize. Not saying his source is full of it, but no one is invincible to bad info.

Back