Hot Toys Justice League Batman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry but I was reading the thread and don't know if it was clear. The Batffleck here IS the Hot Toys figure but it has been modified.

That is the original head/cowl...no changes there. They added some padding on the inside of the suit to buff up his chest and shoulders. The Hot Toys one is slightly less "inflated" but is still very muscular. Also looks like it might be a custom cape as well.

That?s great to hear, I find the cowl part of Batman very menacing looking, like he should be. After seeing this guy next to TDK, its no competition really.

For the past few days have been looking at the Batman figures and the BvS one is more superior to the JL, IMO. At first glance they look pretty much the same, but the traps on BvS make him look like a freaking silverback gorilla. Absolute chaos. Doesn?t make the JL less good looking ofcourse

Now I?m between this fine line of buying the figure now or wait for a rerelease because something something less money ;)

If It was more clear they would never release this again, I wouldn?t wait ofcourse. Damn you basterds who got him for a normal price.

Yeah, I love the BvS design...it is vastly superior to the JL design (and the JL design is great too!).

Unfortunately according to reports, WB had a falling out with the original cowl-maker/designer for the BvS design and decided to change it up for JL Batman.

Honestly, I don't know the likelihood of a BvS re-release, I think it's slim-to-none. Unless the Snydercut turns out to be uber-popular, you MIGHT see a re-release of the JL Batman. Hot Toys has obviously moved slowly with DC because their movies just haven't done as well as Hot Toys' other licenses (Marvel & Star Wars) so I think the chance of ANY DC re-release is slim. Some fans are hoping the Snydercut will give Hot Toys incentive to release the Cyborg figure.

If I were you, I'd consider seeing if you can find the BvS for a good deal. Some folks have to be selling pre-owned ones. If you need a Batman and don't want to pay over retail, I think there are some places that have the deluxe version of the JL Batman available.

Yes even stock without the custom inflated suit the BvS/SS are much meaner looking than that silly armor plated JL version just dumb to go that route.

I also prefer the BvS/SS cowl over the wimpier thinner neck JL cowl with different ears but I wasn?t aware of that licensing issue so now it makes sense why the change, real shame.

Don?t like the JL Watchmen cowl whatsoever yuck.

Silver back gorilla indeed great analogy.

BvS/SS costume is my favorite Batman costume, 89 was my favorite from 89 until BvS was released.

But for me the SS version is superior in every way to the BvS version but i?m just being nitpicking now lol

If you want that SS version now you are going to pay thru the nose it is going to hurt lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Obviously, the main comparison between the BvS and SS figures is that the SS has the wired cape (aside from some extra accessories like the rebreather and different stand, different box art, etc.). There have been photos and videos of a suit comparison. It was noted that in SOME cases, the SS figure had a lighter gray suit and also they adjusted the cowl along the neckline so it doesn't cover the Bat symbol on his chest as much as the BvS version (depending on the pose). Some people also claim the muscularity was improved slightly on the SS version. I can't speak for it because I haven't opened my SS one. I just have the BvS opened and posed. You can probably dig up old photos in these threads as well.

If you're looking for a stock option and have the cash, obviously SS is the way to go. But you can always buy the BvS and purchase a custom wired cape for between $50-$100 depending on the maker.

Man, I remember when Hot Toys FIRST showed their proto shots of the BvS Batman aka "Fatman". What an EMBARRASSMENT!!! :lol :lol Good thing they fixed it! I don't know what they were thinking showing this prototype off.

161215_090319_GyzQkydp_imagePrincipale.jpg

Whats really embarrassing is that the potato sack BVS prototype is pretty much what they've been dropping for Captain America for years... and this year they slapped a plastic shell on top making it look even worse. I can't believe the only serious attempt they made to get his physique right was for a concept art figure.

As for Batman figures... I prefer the JL version. The armour is so subtle you forget it's there, I prefer the less over the top physique, I personal prefer the sharper. Less bulbous cowl, the faceplate look more like Affleck and I like the stock cape. The downside is the bat symbol needs a different finish because it blends in to the costume too much.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

Before I got any Batman Hot Toys figures, when watching BvS, at first the thicker neck on the BvS cowl bugged me just a little. But eventually I began to appreciate it that it's probably deliberate to give him a more intimidating, menacing appearance to criminals. Like in my head canon I choose to believe that Bruce the character designed it that way with that in mind. But anyway, I actually like it better now than the sleeker JL cowl. But obviously it's a matter of personal taste.

I had both until recently and I can guarantee they were both different. I can only speak for the versions I owned.. they had a different feel and look. The SS feels softer (squishier) than the BvS and the colors and fabric texture were different. Even the pattern was different between the two. I recently got knightmare and I can tell it uses the same BvS body suit minus the chest bullet holes. Not trying to start arguments or whatever, but in my opinion and experience with having both and examining them closely, they were very different. I didn't feel one was better than the other and I dont know why I decided to let one go over the other..

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Whats really embarrassing is that the potato sack BVS prototype is pretty much what they've been dropping for Captain America for years... and this year they slapped a plastic shell on top making it look even worse. I can't believe the only serious attempt they made to get his physique right was for a concept art figure.

As for Batman figures... I prefer the JL version. The armour is so subtle you forget it's there, I prefer the less over the top physique, I personal prefer the sharper. Less bulbous cowl, the faceplate look more like Affleck and I like the stock cape. The downside is the bat symbol needs a different finish because it blends in to the costume too much.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

*sigh* Just had to bring up the disappointing Endgame Cap... :( Makes me sad.

Yeah no way in hell will the BvS/SS costume get released again.

Best chance is indeed the nightmare version which is better than nothing.

That is unless Affleck ends up in his BvS/SS digs again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just saw this video, talking about Snyder?s Justice league trilogy.
This might contain HUGE spoilers for the Snyder cut, but I think if they ever rerelease a Batman suit, it might be the Knightmare one. Highest aftermarket price, and probably the easiest to remake.
https://youtu.be/JNKFfzm8I2E

Yep I think Knightmare version would be one which many would want. Could pair with a black Superman nicely as well.

Yep I think Knightmare version would be one which many would want. Could pair with a black Superman nicely as well.

Exclusives will never be reissued tho, I don't know why so many of you think that Knightmare will be released again.

Is this figure really better than BVS? I was snooping around the market and BVS is way more expensive. I think the torso and cowl are superior on BVS

^he is right I feel Bvs is better in my opinion, the JL is cool especially with the Affleck sculpt display but suit is too baggy to me I don?t even display with the cowl on.

Is this figure really better than BVS? I was snooping around the market and BVS is way more expensive. I think the torso and cowl are superior on BVS

Not a fan of the painted logo either. In certain light, it's pretty much invisible. At least with the BVS version, you can still see some of the raised outline even in low light.

Back