Hot Toys Justice League Batman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
On my hopewell have is if they split up the tariff so some absorbed by HOt toys some by side show some by us or else we are getting g the whole thing. Which I thinsk will alter out habits entirely and reduce the number of figures we buy. Since everything else we buy is going up.

And I dont think they will ever reduce these tariffs they are here to stay they dont want to see China get richer so they will never remove these tariffs

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Sideshow is the importer—they will have to pay the tariffs, if any. Of course, they would most likely raise prices accordingly. Hot Toys would not pay anything unless they choose to lower their prices to offset the tariff...but that seems unlikely unless their sales take a big hit.

any word on this guy releasing?

Im fairly new to hot toys and need a batman. really liked Affleck

I'm assuming the prices of the other Affleck pieces are pretty expensive

is this one my best bet? really like the head sculpt

No one has the JL Batman figure in hand yet to judge.

You'll find the very same Bruce Wayne head sculpt by a company named Eleven on EBay for a surprisingly affordable price. I have one and it looks great.

You will indeed pay more for the standard BvS Batman on the secondary market. About five months ago I noticed a never-used one (it was in fact pristine--seller said that it only taken out of the box to photograph for sale) on eBay for $300 which was basically a good deal. Seller was asking for more on eBay but I messaged him and made an offer, and he took it. I gave the seller a bit of profit to assure getting the figure, and it was a fair price given the market. I knew the price would only go up and I really wanted the BvS Batman.

It surpassed my expectations. I love the figure so much that I also bought some custom capes for him, as the stock cape is kind of meh. I bought the most basic version without tech cowl and sniper rifle. But those accessories are available out there on eBay as well. I don't feel I must have them, but I may eventually make some offers on them, I'll see.

From what I understand, the Suicide Squad Batman is essentially the same figure as BvS with slightly darker colored suit and a wired cape (although not as impressive as some of the custom capes by Unreal Customs, Jaxon Xu, and Tony Mei on FB). I don't own SS Bats but I've watched videos on the figure.

Anyway, if you loved Batfleck as so many of us do, the standard BvS Batman may well be worth more money than the figure cost retail. Given that it's sold out and Batfleck's run has ended. That cowl in BvS was really just about perfect. Some complained at the time that the neck looked too wide, but I think that was intentional design by Michael Wilkinson to give him a more beastly, menacing appearance. For me, BvS Batman is my definitive Batman figure. In my mind he is the BvS warehouse Batman, basically. I'm really glad that I went ahead and got one.

any word on this guy releasing?

Im fairly new to hot toys and need a batman. really liked Affleck

I'm assuming the prices of the other Affleck pieces are pretty expensive

is this one my best bet? really like the head sculpt

Have you considered the JL Armored Bats? Having owned all the released HT Batman figures, this (well and the 1/4 TDKR) is my favorite so far.

Hey guys! I'm new here. I've been following this forum almost daily ever since I preordered this Batman figure. My preorder is from back in November.

I called Sideshow myself to speak to someone about when, or IF, this figure is ever coming. Haha. While he did assure me that Hot Toys will deliver on this figure, he couldn't give a definitive answer on exactly when. However, he did say that I should expect it by the end of June, though I'm taking that with a grain of salt.

Hey guys! I'm new here. I've been following this forum almost daily ever since I preordered this Batman figure. My preorder is from back in November.

I called Sideshow myself to speak to someone about when, or IF, this figure is ever coming. Haha. While he did assure me that Hot Toys will deliver on this figure, he couldn't give a definitive answer on exactly when. However, he did say that I should expect it by the end of June, though I'm taking that with a grain of salt.

Unfortunately you've picked a bad time/movie as a "first ??" figure. If Hot Toys puts any figure up for pre-order it is definitely coming. Delays are pretty rare. However with the whole Justice League situation, change of direction from DC, changes of Batman and potentially Superman actors Hot Toys have put this in the "low priority" bin. Which like I said would normally not happen very often.

Unfortunately you've picked a bad time/movie as a "first ??" figure. If Hot Toys puts any figure up for pre-order it is definitely coming. Delays are pretty rare. However with the whole Justice League situation, change of direction from DC, changes of Batman and potentially Superman actors Hot Toys have put this in the "low priority" bin. Which like I said would normally not happen very often.

Haha. Well thankfully, this isn’t my first figure. My first was BvS Superman, which I ordered direct from SS and that was a fantastic experience. I also got Netflix Daredevil and the deluxe tech suit Spidey later down the road. Started following this site when I was anxiously awaiting Spidey’s preorder conversion. Haha

That being said, it does really suck that Hot Toys has chosen to prioritize their production this way. As far as I can tell, there are quite a few of us waiting on this Bats who don’t appreciate Marvel figures getting all the love. ;)

It darn well shouldn’t!! Especially considering the Flash was set to release after Batman, and people are already starting to get that one in hand. Correct me if I’m wrong, but Aquaman was set to come out later than Batman originally too. I just don’t get how they can set an estimated release date for something and then completely disregard it to pick and choose the ones that should come out first.

As you can see, I’m about to go insane waiting for this thing, and I have some feelings. Haha

It's not out in Hong Kong yet so you can pretty much forget it getting to Sideshow and other international retailers before August.

Yeah, this is getting insane. Hah.

It's not out in Hong Kong yet? Where are you guys getting all of this info? How do I find this stuff? I've been trying to find all the info I can on this thing!!

I normally go by stuff like TimCent's releases, He's usually one of the first few to get figures when they are released.

Yeah, this is getting insane. Hah.

It's not out in Hong Kong yet? Where are you guys getting all of this info? How do I find this stuff? I've been trying to find all the info I can on this thing!!

Best is to follow Hot Toys on Facebook and Instagram. As soon as figures are released in Hong Kong they put up pics from bloggers. Then it'll be a few days until reviews get them and have videos on the in-hand figures. Then wait roughly 2 months or so until other normal suppliers have figures from the full production batch.

edit : and learn to be patient or pre-order and forget for a while. Unfortunately this is not an instant gratification type of hobby.

Best is to follow Hot Toys on Facebook and Instagram. As soon as figures are released in Hong Kong they put up pics from bloggers. Then it'll be a few days until reviews get them and have videos on the in-hand figures. Then wait roughly 2 months or so until other normal suppliers have figures from the full production batch.

Yes exactly this. Hot Toys will have blogger photos up the day of release.

Don't take any notice of Sideshow's release estimates, they don't know any more than us. Hot Toys only say Q1-Q2 or Q2-Q3 estimate etc so it gives them a six month window on every figure. Sideshow take that and narrow it down to two month estimate but it's only their best guess.

edit : and learn to be patient or pre-order and forget for a while. Unfortunately this is not an instant gratification type of hobby.

Oh cool! Well I don’t have FB or Instagram, so that’s probably why I’ve been out of the loop. Haha. 😆.

Yeah, I’m learning that! Haha. And for me, it’s not even an instant gratification issue. I’ve been collecting my entire life, and I’m definitely used to waiting on new items for my collection. But usually it’s a matter of just knowing when it’s releasing, and then waiting for that specific date to bring it home. I’ve never had an experience with an order like this where the release date keeps getting pushed back over and over again with little warning or explaination.

I guess I just got lucky with my previous Hot Toys. I preordered BvS Superman and he was delivered exactly on time with the estimated release date. Netflix Daredevil was bought directly off the shelf at a comic book store. Spider-Man Homecoming “tech suit” Spidey was also in-hand pretty much right on time with the release date.

This one has just left me scratching my head as to what the heck is going on. But I’m quickly realizing this is par for the course with Hot Toys, evidently. Haha.

Thanks for all the kind pointers and tips, by the way! :)

Back