Hot Toys is celebrating The Phantom Menace 25th Anniversary and Star Wars: Dark Side? in 2024

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I mean okay. Still doesn’t change my point. What realistically would you have expected them to release they hadn’t already? Han is about the only one I can think of and for some reason Hot Toys isn’t doing more versions of him.
Boushh at least. They did a Bluurg and Dewback, they can do a Jabba. They did Kuiil and Cad Bane, so they can do the most popular aliens like Bib or Ackbar or more Ewoks. They could even do 2.0's with new bases.

I mean okay. Still doesn’t change my point. What realistically would you have expected them to release they hadn’t already? Han is about the only one I can think of and for some reason Hot Toys isn’t doing more versions of him.
Ackbar
Maybe ewok village Leia
Would've been the prime time to do Jabba
"Hutt Slayer" Leia (yeah right)
Boussh

They didn't even do reissues. They could've easily reissued the Royal Guards or Palps.

There were options

Again though alien/creature figures aren’t very common.

As much as a character like Ackbar is a fan favorite he really doesn’t do a whole ton and isn’t a main character. So not that surprising that he wouldn’t be made.

As far as reissues- like people wouldn’t have just complained about those too?

I’m not saying some of these I wouldn’t have liked to have seen but the fact we didn’t get them isn’t surprising and to me the core characters (minus Han) were covered.

People complain so much about the ROTJ 40th Anniversary. There were plenty of figures released from the movie prior to the anniversary.

Emperor Palpatine and Throne
Scout Trooper and Speeder Bike
Royal Guard
Storm Trooper (ROTJ version)
Leia (Endor) and Wicket
Luke (Jedi) x2
Boba Fett

Those all came out prior to the anniversary and then they added C-3PO and Darth Vader.

Pretty much the only character they didn’t release they realistically should have is Han Solo which who knows what the reasoning behind not doing so is. They weren’t going to release General Lando when the ESB version which is more iconic is sitting around discounted.

Creatures are never really made so most of Jabba’s Palace characters weren’t likely to happen. Same goes with characters like Ackbar.
if sideshow can do it why not hot toys.

So are they going to go all out like they did with 2 repaints for rotj? Expect a tan battle droid, stap, maybe a final duel maul repaint and maybe something else. I expect another disappointment from hot toys.

What happened to the 3rd party Queen Amidala?

Must of preordered that a while ago, it came with a light up feature if I recall correctly.

I thought Jake Lloyd is still bitter about Stars Wars and the fandom for ruining his life. But Hasbro is still cranking out those young Anakin figures so he must be signing off on his likeness rights.

I’m surprised a 3rd party has not stepped up to provide a young Anakin. I can’t recall a Hot Toys figure based on a young child. Harry Potter is the only licensed child 1/6 figures I can think of, and those are StarAce and InArt.

Very likely:
Padi-Wan
OG Battle Droid
Pit Droid two pack
Skeleton 3PO
Queen Amidala

Strong Maybes:
Maul 2.0

Maybe:
Jar Jar
Pod Racer Ani
Qui Gon Reissue

Skeleton 3PO would be awesome but pretty unlikely because it would be a one-time usage of an extremely complex sculpt. Be super complex to make it articulated also - his arms and legs are so skinny. It's not exactly an "iconic look" for 3PO either.

What happened to the 3rd party Queen Amidala?

Must of preordered that a while ago, it came with a light up feature if I recall correctly.

I thought Jake Lloyd is still bitter about Stars Wars and the fandom for ruining his life. But Hasbro is still cranking out those young Anakin figures so he must be signing off on his likeness rights.

I’m surprised a 3rd party has not stepped up to provide a young Anakin. I can’t recall a Hot Toys figure based on a young child. Harry Potter is the only licensed child 1/6 figures I can think of, and those are StarAce and InArt.
The TPM backlash must have really difficult at his age at the time, but I think sadly in the end the point more was that he apparently suffered from mental illness (schizophrenia) from his late teens.

ThreeZero has done some of the Stranger Things kids. But yeah, Hot Toys hasn't ever done one. And I don't think they're going to make an exception here for kid Ani. Especially considering all the Jake Lloyd stuff, as mentioned above.

Skeleton 3PO would be awesome but pretty unlikely because it would be a one-time usage of an extremely complex sculpt. Be super complex to make it articulated also - his arms and legs are so skinny. It's not exactly an "iconic look" for 3PO either.

Asian markets LOVE cool complex mechanical designs from what I understand. I think they'd probably find justification in that alone.

The TPM backlash must have really difficult at his age at the time, but I think sadly in the end the point more was that he apparently suffered from mental illness (schizophrenia) from his late teens.

A lot of mental illnesses are precipitated from traumatic experiences. I suspect that that the continual social stressors brought up on him by adults (ridiculous) and children alike significantly worsened/precipitated what he may have been able to reasonably contend with otherwise. You simply see it too often with child celebrities.

What information do you have to suggest these are “very likely”? Just that you want it to happen?

Just my hypotheticals. No insider knowledge, sorry.

I hope they make a Jake Lloyd Anakin. I would display him in a line with AOTC, ROTS Artisan, and Vader Kenobi versions. Also as someone mentioned, an Ewok village Leia would be great, maybe even as part of their Artisan line since she wears her hair down.

A lot of mental illnesses are precipitated from traumatic experiences. I suspect that that the continual social stressors brought up on him by adults (ridiculous) and children alike significantly worsened/precipitated what he may have been able to reasonably contend with otherwise. You simply see it too often with child celebrities.
It really should have solely been GL who copped any flak over stuff like JarJar and lil' Ani.

Unlike nearly all film creatives, GL had 100% control of every single aspect of TFM (casting/script/direction/marketing,) so it was unfair to target performers, especially a kid actor.

What's with the non-stop nonsense "reissue" thing tossing around lately?

Some poor folks must have been traumatized really that hard from that ESB anniversary experience or something.

Back