Hot Toys - IRON MAN - MARK II PHOTO Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i believe they all have one to some extent. the mark III seems to have a rubber casing under the plastic "armor," and under that is probably some type of true type, or specialized figure body...

The Mark II and III have an articulated structure underneath similar to what HT uses for their Robocop figure and to a further extent the AVP/ALIENS figures. It is not a True Type. Not that it really matters.

The Mark I has an actual True Type body underneath because you can see between the interconnected structures on the Mark I to see Tony's body, which can't be said for the MK II and III.

US$229.95 is rather expensive for Mark 1 is it not? I wish I had pre-ordered it at $199.

While it looks great, I'm still not convinced I actually need this one in my collection. Its really the whole 3 minutes of screentime issue.

While it looks great, I'm still not convinced I actually need this one in my collection. Its really the whole 3 minutes of screentime issue.

3 minutes? it looked more than 3 minutes, the whole building of the boots etc etc

While it felt like more the Mark 02 sequence makes its appearance at the 1:01 mark and continues up until the point he rests his head back after being hit with the fire extinguisher at 1:05....so in reality its 4 minutes but still just a sliver of the entire film.

I noticed that the Mark 3 is way glossier than the Mark 2... Which was the reason why I ordered Mark 2 instead of 3, cuz I saw Mark 3 in person, and it looked like a giant piece of plastic (This was back in July). Now I kinda regret not getting Mark 3...

Are there any ways to polish it to make it look more shiny??

I doubt it. It's all plastic coated in paint with parts of rubber coated in paint. The polish would end up wrecking it or dulling it down. Since it's plastic.

If money was an issue this is the one I'd skip. the Mk1 is too cool and the Mk3 is iconic. But the Mk 2 is still different enough, and has the cool accessories that it makes it worthwhile.

I tried telling myself that, but I know that if I don't I'll be kicking myself when I have the Mark III and I up on display with no II.

I knew I would. Originally I was thinking of just getting the MARK I and III a well, but I pre-ordered the SS exclusive MARK II and figured I could cancel if I changed my mind. Of course, all the Toy show photos of the 3 MARK's lined up, and these new shots of the MARK II production version have me even MORE pumped to have all 3...They'll just look so GREAT displayed together IMO.

While it felt like more the Mark 02 sequence makes its appearance at the 1:01 mark and continues up until the point he rests his head back after being hit with the fire extinguisher at 1:05....so in reality its 4 minutes but still just a sliver of the entire film.

Sorry... should have been clear that I didn't literally mean 3 minutes :lol But glad to know I wasn't too far off.

I have the exclusive on order through Sideshow, so for now I'll keep it. But if it ships during a busy time I will most likely axe him first. Still need to order the MKI, but since its a regular release I'm not as pressured about pre-ordering it.

Back