Hot Toys - IRON MAN - MARK II PHOTO Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice pic, kazukijun. I love how it's so shiny. Mine has just been dispatched. Knowing my luck it'll get caught in customs again, take two days to clear customs and it'll end up next Monday before I get it.

Nice pic, kazukijun. I love how it's so shiny. Mine has just been dispatched. Knowing my luck it'll get caught in customs again, take two days to clear customs and it'll end up next Monday before I get it.

weird that. my hellboy and ed scissorhands had the same thing happen to them. delayed them by a week. released with no charge, but the tracking said "AWAITING CUSTOMS CHARGES" for several days, so i was pooping myself that they'd opened everything up and charge me a bomb.

i preordered this in september but still no word when its going to ship. hopefully soon - can't wait to see it in person.

Sorry for the confusion. The picture that you saw is indeed the bag that Toy Hunters provided me with when I got both the MK III and MK II! I did not take pictures of the box as I thought most of you guys have already seen it before!

No worries; I'm pretty much a newbie to Hot Toys stuff and 1/6 figures in general. I've been collecting polystone stuff from Sideshow for years (mostly LOTR) but have recently got in the 12" figure arena.

Yeah, they may be just bags...but they are pretty sweet.

Man, I've got the Mark II Exclusive pre-ordered, but I may have to cancel it because of finances. I already had to pay for the Mark III as well as the Duel of Light and Fire LOTR diorama this month, and I've got the Cobra Commander 12" figure and the Uruk Hai Berserker PF slated for May, not to mention I dropped near $500 this weekend to take my kids to the circus.

Just finishing up my MK 2 review, what a figure... I actually prefer it tp the MK 3, never thought I'd say that!

2suits3.jpg

repulsors.jpg

helmetreveal3stage.jpg

rocketlauncher3.jpg

maskeyedetail.jpg

handdetail2.jpg

boxfolddetail.jpg

That is some bad advice. You can still preorder the mk ii from sideshow and get the bust for free. No way I'd pay $50 for it, and no one who is proactive about acquiring it should have to pay. Waiting for the preorder, imo, is the better way to go (if you want the bust).

Time differences aside (as you can get this faster than waiting a couple of months for the ss ex version), as I'm not in the US, ss will charge me around $50 for the shipping, and since ss won't mark down the custom value, that's an additional 30% from the price of the item plus shipping.

That's why there's still a bunch of those SS ex mark 2 available, cause at the end of the day, the bust aren't worth it. Unlike other ss ex, like the predator bio on P1.

Grat pics, Kazukijun and Wookster! Congrats on getting the mark 2.

Quite a lot of people have been saying that they actually prefer the mark 2 than the mark 3, after seeing it in person.

I'm glad I bought these anyways, and its on its way now. Will prolly take around 2 more days! I'm excited :D

Damn, that is a fine looking figure.

So what is it about the II that people prefer? Just aesthetics, or are there improvements (which would seem hard to do) over the III?

Damn, that is a fine looking figure.

So what is it about the II that people prefer? Just aesthetics, or are there improvements (which would seem hard to do) over the III?

Mostly aesthetics, the color finishing is just much better over the Mark III. The open mask extra head & Tony's heart accessory adds to the playability & value as well.

I officially hate you for making me consider purchasing this item next week :(
OOpps, sorry, but u won't regret it!

So what is it about the II that people prefer?

Well I love the scene in the movie where Tony first wears the MK 2 and as it powers up you get the 360 view of the suit as it comes alive, all the panels, flaps, servos and weapons systems come on line then 'BAM' we see the inaugural flight. This figure just brings that alive, the fine details are amazing, the paint job is sublime and actually enhances the detail even more than the classic MK 3, but mostly, for me it's that positionable face-plate... it's just a work of art!

Hey jerks! I just got my MKIII yesterday, haven't paid it off yet, and because of all your STUPID pictures I just placed an order for the MKII!!! Thanks a lot! Jerks! You and Hot Toys are gonna bankrupt me! Jerks!!! :mad:

Hey jerks! I just got my MKIII yesterday, haven't paid it off yet, and because of all your STUPID pictures I just placed an order for the MKII!!! Thanks a lot! Jerks! You and Hot Toys are gonna bankrupt me! Jerks!!! :mad:

“'Tis one thing to be tempted, another thing to fall.” ;)

That said mines here next week.:lol
I'll probably be selling it though. As amazing as it is I need the room more so if I end up with any its likely to be just the mark 3 alone unless a great statue is made.

weird that. my hellboy and ed scissorhands had the same thing happen to them. delayed them by a week. released with no charge, but the tracking said "AWAITING CUSTOMS CHARGES" for several days, so i was pooping myself that they'd opened everything up and charge me a bomb.

i preordered this in september but still no word when its going to ship. hopefully soon - can't wait to see it in person.

I'm scared to look on the Parcelforce site.

hongkongpost.com said:
20-Apr-2009 Hong Kong Item posted and is being processed.
20-Apr-2009 Hong Kong Processed for departure.
20-Apr-2009 Hong Kong The item left Hong Kong for its destination on 21-Apr-2009
21-Apr-2009 United Kingdom Arrived and is being processed.
21-Apr-2009 United Kingdom In transit.

One more shot!

3462796971_8750a2f554_o.jpg

I keep thinking the month everytime I see Jun'09 in your photos. :/

Nice pose/photo though :D

Back