1/6 Hot Toys - Infinity War - Thor

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Look for someone selling them and buy a second set and cut the lightning off.

Yeah you could do that, which is what I originally planned to do but if you read my comments about the process you should notice that I specifically said that it was much easier than expected.

TL;DR
Looking closely at the lightning effects, I noticed they were actually glued onto the back of each “chest button”; they are NOT a single mold. Using an exacto knife with just the regular size blade and having patience, I was easily able to cut the glue that attaches the lightning to the “buttons”.

If you’re doubting this is possible, flip one of the “buttons” upside down and grab a magnifying glass to confirm that they are glued separate molds. I highly encourage anyone to try it and not be a scaredy-cat :lol

Yeah you could do that, which is what I originally planned to do but if you read my comments about the process you should notice that I specifically said that it was much easier than expected.

TL;DR
Looking closely at the lightning effects, I noticed they were actually glued onto the back of each “chest button”; they are NOT a single mold. Using an exacto knife with just the regular size blade and having patience, I was easily able to cut the glue that attaches the lightning to the “buttons”.

If you’re doubting this is possible, flip one of the “buttons” upside down and grab a magnifying glass to confirm that they are glued separate molds. I highly encourage anyone to try it and not be a scaredy-cat :lol

:) i ain’t doubting that, i’m doubting myself if i cut them unproper or glue them back again later on in a less than perfect way.

Just got this in today. Its a very underrated figure. The bare rubber arms definitely make it stand out more than the armored look imo. Now I'm just waiting on the Stormbreaker by Bad Tomato to really set it off.

Question: It says to not leave the eyepatch on for "long periods of time" or it could cause paint transfer. What would be considered a long period of time? I tend to change up my poses and look about every 3 months. And is there anything I can do to prevent it?

Thor.jpeg

Just got this in today. Its a very underrated figure. The bare rubber arms definitely make it stand out more than the armored look imo. Now I'm just waiting on the Stormbreaker by Bad Tomato to really set it off.

Question: It says to not leave the eyepatch on for "long periods of time" or it could cause paint transfer. What would be considered a long period of time? I tend to change up my poses and look about every 3 months. And is there anything I can do to prevent it?

Apply two-three thin coats with a paint brush on the parts that will contact the skin. https://www.amazon.com/Pledge-FloorCare-Multi-Surface-Finish/dp/B00J5HDC4A/ref=pd_sbs_121_2?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B00J5HDC4A&pd_rd_r=4c8f99f1-12c4-11e9-b125-236f195fd0d2&pd_rd_w=5gQu6&pd_rd_wg=d1Y98&pf_rd_p=7d5d9c3c-5e01-44ac-97fd-261afd40b865&pf_rd_r=VWYVX1NRPEFECKW8HM2Q&psc=1&refRID=VWYVX1NRPEFECKW8HM2Q

I much prefer the sleeve-less, cape-less look...I dunno why, it just seems more visually pleasing to me. I think the armor arms and cape is just too black.

Would love to have seen the sleeveless version in action in the opening minutes of the movie..

I just switched mine up this weekend to sleeveless with cape and eyepatch I think it breaks up the all black

This is why overall this is the best Thor HT has done. That’s amazing looking. I have mine bare arms with out the cape but I’m gonna put it on now.
Dig that ant man too. Something about how that helmet looks on display. Love it

Quick re-pose.

IMG_0467.jpg

You can get a slight swivel, and a slight lean, at the waist, which helps him turn and lean into the pose a little bit.

IMG_0469.jpg

Back