1/6 Hot Toys - Infinity War - Thor

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The previous thor does have that leather pants but the iw ver seems more worrying. Does seem like it may crack easier

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Still wondering what the underlying body is like or if the suit is even a separate part due to the lights. Any of you guys who have it checked that out yet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm concerned about the pants. I heard they are guaranteed to crack over time, especially in hot and humid environments. How serious is this problem? Can I expect them to crack once a single spring or summer is over? Or does the figure have to be exposed to these conditions for prolonged periods of time without a break?

I'm not going to say it's of no concern because it can happen to anyone, but it is not an absolute guarantee that it will and it depends on multiple factors like how it's posed, stored, handled, and displayed. The biggest factor is generally environment.

The most extreme and widely reported cases however usually come from people who live in extreme humidity like collectors out of Southeast Asia, one of the most humid regions in the world.

If you live in an area that is not too humid with a temperate climate, then your figure will be more than likely fine. Just don't leave it in extreme poses, handle it with care with clean hands, and keep it out of direct sunlight and don't let it get ridiculously dusty.

I've owned many figures and have not had any real material issues, other than the Iron Man pink fade issue on the old figures.

I'm not going to say it's of no concern because it can happen to anyone, but it is not an absolute guarantee that it will and it depends on multiple factors like how it's posed, stored, handled, and displayed. The biggest factor is generally environment.

The most extreme and widely reported cases however usually come from people who live in extreme humidity like collectors out of Southeast Asia, one of the most humid regions in the world.

If you live in an area that is not too humid with a temperate climate, then your figure will be more than likely fine. Just don't leave it in extreme poses, handle it with care with clean hands, and keep it out of direct sunlight and don't let it get ridiculously dusty.

I've owned many figures and have not had any real material issues, other than the Iron Man pink fade issue on the old figures.

^ this. I have had the A1 Thor for over 5 years and i have not had any issues with the pants. I will not have this one in hand until tomorrow night but i am guessing it is probably the same type of material.

A few quick pics
7882a239de03f48ae0abb1356346f5b7.jpg
9f69d95d4584e239cc54fa5ec664e2f6.jpg
f5810a38780282bab5dfde3f22da8dbd.jpg
b215f26724f0b825b0ebe0eda8f37768.jpg
9aa190f896be3b0d6f18fe7a32603c61.jpg
43549a99438ccfe3a451ad739621cf6d.jpg
4eba55e63b814a6d3161e803c25a858c.jpg
9e1cf4fe171709ec1c2878969d1a807b.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

I'm planning on displaying him with all the lightning effects once it arrives

For those that already have him- what's the best way to get the circles off of Thor's chest?

From what I've read it sounds like they are difficult to get off.

There is a lot about thor pants! Never fear, as long as he has shirt and shoes he is ok.

I have the first thor, no problems yet but even if there were a problem, are black pleather pants in short supply?

Got my figure in yesterday. I loved him in the movie, so I'm happy I got this guy in. I was surprised about the stormbreaker. Not as small in person, but I am still replacing it with that 3rd party option.

I'm planning on displaying him with all the lightning effects once it arrives

For those that already have him- what's the best way to get the circles off of Thor's chest?

From what I've read it sounds like they are difficult to get off.

Would not say its hard it just a little scary; because it does require a fair bit of force to fish them out. each of those circles is held in place with three small tabs; they don't click in but the fit is rather snug. My advice is look at the instruction to give yourself an idea where the tabs are on each disc then with 2 fingers apply a pinching force & pull straight up; if only 1 tab comes loose you need to work the other two or risk snapping a tab. I would start on the middle row as I found those 2 the easiest to remove then move to the top set. The bottom set really suck as they are on the belt section which gives a fair bit but you should already have your technique worked out by this point.

Good Luck

Thanks for the advice. I plan on keeping it in a museum pose. I'll only it pose it for quick pictures. I always follow the instructions to the letter when handling these things. I'm surprised by some long time collectors who toy around with these things without reading the instructions first. My hands are always clean and dry when I touch them. The detolf I keep my figures in has done a great job of keeping dust away, despite me not sealing off the gaps on the sides of the door. I really got to figure out how to do that. All this talk of humidity has really made me reflect on how the climate has changed where I live. I don't wanna get into a debate on whether climate change is a real phenomena or not but I've lived in the same place all my life and up until recently It's never really been humid. The hottest times of the year use to give off a dry heat. Never been to southeast Asia but, even now I'm pretty sure the climate is cooler and drier most times of the year here, then it is over there. Sorry for the long ranting post.

Would rather see HT sacrifice screen accuracy for durability somehow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Me too. The killer head sculpts are what really draws me in if the outfit is a little inaccurate it doesn't bother me. I didn't realize the the outfit for the Bane figure they did was off till some one told me. I really didn't care.

Got my figure in yesterday. I loved him in the movie, so I'm happy I got this guy in. I was surprised about the stormbreaker. Not as small in person, but I am still replacing it with that 3rd party option.

Can you post here when you get it? Maybe a comparison in Thor's hand for each, to see if it does look that much better?

^ this. I have had the A1 Thor for over 5 years and i have not had any issues with the pants. I will not have this one in hand until tomorrow night but i am guessing it is probably the same type of material.

Got him a couple hours ago and the material for the pants for A1 Thor and this Thor is the same (or at least it feels the same).

Would not say its hard it just a little scary; because it does require a fair bit of force to fish them out. each of those circles is held in place with three small tabs; they don't click in but the fit is rather snug. My advice is look at the instruction to give yourself an idea where the tabs are on each disc then with 2 fingers apply a pinching force & pull straight up; if only 1 tab comes loose you need to work the other two or risk snapping a tab. I would start on the middle row as I found those 2 the easiest to remove then move to the top set. The bottom set really suck as they are on the belt section which gives a fair bit but you should already have your technique worked out by this point.

Good Luck

Thanks for the advice- i think once the lightening effects are attached I’m leaving them in
If i ever have to store this figure I won’t put the standard discs back on him

Mine is on the way from Alter Ego apparently. I knew I had it pre-ordered with them but they didn’t send me a notice or anything prior to shipping it. I’ve never ordered directly from them (I’ve ordered one thing from them previously from their eBay page) so I was surprised.

Mine is on the way from Alter Ego apparently. I knew I had it pre-ordered with them but they didn’t send me a notice or anything prior to shipping it. I’ve never ordered directly from them (I’ve ordered one thing from them previously from their eBay page) so I was surprised.
I've ordered a couple figures from Alter Ego before. I didn't have any issues with them. I don't remember if they sent me a notice about my order shipping soon or not. I think the free shipping and reward points beats Sideshow so I've been placing all my pre-orders with Alter Ego.

I've ordered a couple figures from Alter Ego before. I didn't have any issues with them. I don't remember if they sent me a notice about my order shipping soon or not. I think the free shipping and reward points beats Sideshow so I've been placing all my pre-orders with Alter Ego.
Yeah, it’s just sort of nice how Sideshow gives you a bit of a heads up. Like, hey we'll be charging you for this soon have your funds ready. I’m not in a pinch for cash or anything luckily but it’s just nice to know ahead of time is all.

Back