1/6 Hot Toys - Infinity War - Thor

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Zavvi just cancelled my pre-order for this. Won't be ordering HT's from there again for sure. Anywhere else in the UK still taking orders for this? :(

I've had this figure for a few months, but I finally inserted the batteries and put it under the UV lights of the Black Panther stand. WOW!

IW Thor 1.jpgIW Thor 2 copy.jpg

Hi guys, anybody looking to get rid of a stormbreaker bad tomato or hot toys?

Thanks

So I went to clean and rearrange my collection yesterday and discovered the Hot Toys Stormbreaker was bent, same as per Tomato's. It was on display since last Christmas. So you guys may want to check yours.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ugh... when are they shipping the re-release??? my BT stormbreaker is lonely and has drained its battery already... lol

I always thought the lightning effects seemed a bit too toyish but I decided to give them a try last night and they came out pretty decent! I might look into having him and Stormbreaker wired up though to avoid having to change batteries every so often. Really wish we got an interchangeable head with light-up eyes though

Thor Reduced 22 .jpg

trying to use iw Thor and create a comic book look. Will the "elite" ko Thor head on eBay connect to HT IW figure? also wondering if the 6 black discs can be replaced with silver (want to preserve the original discs though).

any advice appreciated.

trying to use iw Thor and create a comic book look. Will the "elite" ko Thor head on eBay connect to HT IW figure? also wondering if the 6 black discs can be replaced with silver (want to preserve the original discs though).

any advice appreciated.

Not sure how the head will fit, but I'm assuming the elite takes a ball joint which should fit the IW body fine. The IW armor has a neck collar though --- not sure if you have enough clearance with the plastic molded ponytail in the back.

The black discs are removable on the IW armor for the lightning effects - so you would probably have to find a 3rd party set in silver (if they make them?) or find an original set and paint them silver yourself. You could try plucking some silver ones from previous Thor figures, but not so sure how that will go in terms of fitment.

I always thought the lightning effects seemed a bit too toyish but I decided to give them a try last night and they came out pretty decent! I might look into having him and Stormbreaker wired up though to avoid having to change batteries every so often. Really wish we got an interchangeable head with light-up eyes though

View attachment 466409

Yea lightning completes this guy. Great pose

View attachment 466409

Looks great! I had hoped the eyes would light up as well but I bought one of those black light flashlights and just shine it on the luminescent paint on the eyes and it looks cool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back