1/6 Hot Toys - Infinity War - Thor

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So is it really necessary to reinforce the Bad Tomato axe like that? I just got mine in and the plastic doesn't seem particularly soft. Or does it start to droop after a while anyway?

Got mine from OSK which I believe was 1st batch. No droop after all this time (I think January) and it’s posed in the most “bendable” position. Haven’t reinforced the handle with anything and the hottest temperature in the room the BT Axe is displayed had been 75°F. I became aware of the issue from Facebook and this thread so I’ve kept an eye on mine but all is still straight. To be honest, I wasn’t that worried because I’ve been modifying figures and statues for years and knew that if mine started to “droop” I could easily fix it with my Makita heat gun.

Hope everything goes well with yours!

Can anyone show some pics with the Bad Tomato LED(s?) on?

190609103513373430.jpg

190609103512930032.jpg

Honestly just depends on how you have him hold it. If you have him hold it down, ive seen some bend over time.

But for me? Ive had him in this pose since day one months ago now.View attachment 456748

Hasnt dipped an inch. So having him hold it high and relatively up right is the way to go. Such a great addition to an already stellar figure

I haven't received mine but what seems to be the problem with the stormbreaker? is the metal axes too heavy? If yes would displaying it overtime hurt the hand joint?

I haven't received mine but what seems to be the problem with the stormbreaker? is the metal axes too heavy? If yes would displaying it overtime hurt the hand joint?

May be too much for the particular plastic they chose for the handle at certain angles but i think the joint will be fine for a long time to come

I had Thor holding that BT Axe in an upright position and held in the same spot similar to the photo posted above for a few months and noticed an ever so slight droop forming a few weeks ago. I have since switched it up to having Thor holding it horizontally near where the vines start to separate and the other hand further down on the thicker part of the handle. Skyler2702 mod seems to be the fix for this if you want to display this BT axe any other way where the axe head is left to be supported by only the original handle (you'd think so right; think again) haha. I may have to take him up on that.

As nice as the Bad Tomato axe looks seeing this much ado about how told hold it just so that the handle doesn't warp has totally turned me off to purchasing it. Very unfortunate.

Unfortunately it's the only option out there at the moment. After seeing how ridiculously small the HT axe looks in comparison I can't see myself ever wanting to use that one now.

Same here, I can live with the inaccuracy in color but the size is what matters here. As long as I keep it in a relatively upright position I think I should be good.

Unfortunately it's the only option out there at the moment. After seeing how ridiculously small the HT axe looks in comparison I can't see myself ever wanting to use that one now.

Honestly, I get it with the size thing but the cost of admission is too high for something seemingly made so subpar. The HT breaker is small but not to the point where I'm going to spend $80 for something made like it should b2 $20.

I also paid a little over $50 for my BT axe (light up version) as well and it's definitely overpriced for what you get. But in this hobby, what isn't? haha.

I also paid a little over $50 for my BT axe (light up version) as well and it's definitely overpriced for what you get. But in this hobby, what isn't? haha.

I certainly can't argue that.

Just finished the video review and even though it's not something I'm for I definitely made sure to mention the Bad tomato axe because like DJ said, it's definitely an option if nothing else.

It looks like it's the Hot Toys Stormbreaker. TA is ToyAnxiety, they part out figures and sell everything separately. Super helpful for the occasional spare part.

Back