1/6 Hot Toys - Infinity War - Thor

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did you repaint that head? His eyes look a lot more “alive”

yes. Repainted the head and hair.

THOR (8842) ed1b SSR UTP.jpg

For anybody who wanted to see what that rooted head sculpt looked like on a body, the answer is...

1C12D2F5-C1D7-41E9-BA46-9F987A20E62B.jpeg
...incredible:rock:clap

Is that the Dark World sculpt? When you cover most the face with the beard the likeness really pops because that's the only sculpt I've see that got his eyes right.

After selling my Infinity War Thor to build up my DCEU Hot Toys collection (a move I can admit regretting) I finally got this guy back on my shelf today, and I have to say he's a great display piece but that's about it, he's not a fun figure to pose because there really isn't anything you can do aside from hovering poses, he's even less articulated than I remember. You can't really articulate the armored arms (or they'll look funny) and you can't really articulate the rubber bare arms or you'll risk creasing them, there's no real chest or waist movement and the legs are basically useless to because the can't really move forwar, like at all. I feel like if you're going to pay aftermarket prices and you really want the ultimate Thor, the deluxe version of Gladiator Thor is the way to go, he had a lot more articulation and a lot of cool weapons too. I'd say Infinity War headsculpt with the Gladiator body and costume is the way to go if you've never owned a Thor figure and you like his short hair look.
Don't get me wrong, the IW Thor IS awesome, but he's basically a statue.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

After selling my Infinity War Thor to build up my DCEU Hot Toys collection (a move I can admit regretting) I finally got this guy back on my shelf today, and I have to say he's a great display piece but that's about it, he's not a fun figure to pose because there really isn't anything you can do aside from hovering poses, he's even less articulated than I remember. You can't really articulate the armored arms (or they'll look funny) and you can't really articulate the rubber bare arms or you'll risk creasing them, there's no real chest or waist movement and the legs are basically useless to because the can't really move forwar, like at all. I feel like if you're going to pay aftermarket prices and you really want the ultimate Thor, the deluxe version of Gladiator Thor is the way to go, he had a lot more articulation and a lot of cool weapons too. I'd say Infinity War headsculpt with the Gladiator body and costume is the way to go if you've never owned a Thor figure and you like his short hair look.
Don't get me wrong, the IW Thor IS awesome, but he's basically a statue.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Yeah that was the one thing that made me hesitate before ordering the reissued figure. It was obvious in reviews that posing options were extremely limited because of the solid torso, and it was going to be a frustrating figure to work with.

But ultimately it's such a cool look that I decided I had to have it anyway, even if it mostly has to be stuck in museum poses.

Back