1/6 Hot Toys - Infinity War - Thor

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thanks guys, I'm asking as I'm going on holiday to the states from july till september and i was wondering if i'd be able to pick him up while over there to save on shipping costs?

Why reissue this now? It just went to waitlist recently, and with nothing new to tempt buyers
it will end up being dead stock. Pretty stupid on HT part.

Not to the people who didn't buy one and now decided they do want him. SS must have had quite a few people going on the waitlist, and other over seas sited inquiring with HT for HT decide to do another production run.

A win for all collectors/fans, other than those who wanted to cash in on others lack of judgement and willing to pay ridiculous after market prices that is.... Other than a select small number of HT figures (The SW ST figures anyone?) not too many sit around forever.

Iron Man MK50 isn't even in most peoples hands that PO'd him, is still available from SS, yet HT also announced a re issue for him as well.

Just got an email that I can pre-order it now (was on the waitlist). If you aren’t on the waitlist, I think you have to join it first.

Also allows me to use the $25 code from my last purchase

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just got my waitlist email. That hurts, after I just bought it for more than retail...oh well, happy for you guys and it’s really a cool figure.

October-December release....makes me wonder if there won’t be an EG Thor afterall.

There will...it'll just be October-December 2020. I think the EG Cap is way out in 2020 also, so it's not like any of the EG figs are imminent... No way they pass on making one of the big three...

I just bought one as well for over $100 more. Debating if I should return it and order from SS

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I just bought one as well for over $100 more. Debating if I should return it and order from SS

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

If you can and don’t mind waiting a few months I would. Then take that $100 and put it into another figure. That’ll pretty much cover half of another.

I really hope they do EG Thor, just thought that maybe with the Dec reissue that with Thanos EG our 2 months later that they won’t but good point that it’ll most likely be q3/4 of 2020 like iron man. Gives me more time $ anyways, q1/2 is loaded for me atm lol.

Not to the people who didn't buy one and now decided they do want him. SS must have had quite a few people going on the waitlist, and other over seas sited inquiring with HT for HT decide to do another production run.

A win for all collectors/fans, other than those who wanted to cash in on others lack of judgement and willing to pay ridiculous after market prices that is.... Other than a select small number of HT figures (The SW ST figures anyone?) not too many sit around forever.

Iron Man MK50 isn't even in most peoples hands that PO'd him, is still available from SS, yet HT also announced a re issue for him as well.

I realize that I am in the minority, but with the premium prices that we pay for these figures,
They should be limited to one run. If you missed out on a figure, too bad. I have been there, and I paid up
To get the figures I missed out on. I am not saying number these or anything like that, but saying that
They should be limited to one full production run is not an unreasonable request.

I could give two ****s less about the scalpers, but I am not in this to collect mainstream figures
That are readily available. I want my investments to at least have some value, and not be devalued by
The very company I purchased them from... When they could simply release endgame Thor.
There was no real reason to reissue this OR the Mark 50 again.

Was looking at those eBay listings myself. Almost pulled the trigger atleast a couple of times. Was in talks with this chap about buying his figure and then Voila! Sideshow's e-mail came like a breath of fresh air. Pre ordered him without a moment's hesitation. Hopefully this is more of a new trend rather than an one off thing.

I realize that I am in the minority, but with the premium prices that we pay for these figures,
They should be limited to one run. If you missed out on a figure, too bad. I have been there, and I paid up
To get the figures I missed out on. I am not saying number these or anything like that, but saying that
They should be limited to one full production run is not an unreasonable request.

I could give two ****s less about the scalpers, but I am not in this to collect mainstream figures
That are readily available. I want my investments to at least have some value, and not be devalued by
The very company I purchased them from... When they could simply release endgame Thor.
There was no real reason to reissue this OR the Mark 50 again.

Unpopular opinion, but I agree with you. This figure was available on SS forever. All the disappointed "shouldn't have waited," collectors are being rewarded for sitting on the fence. Part of what makes collecting fun is not knowing which figures are going to become popular later on and which ones will plummet in value. Being honest, it was cool to own this figure from the jump and suddenly see it go to waitlist as Endgame Thor was definitely not the definitive version people envisioned.

Again, unpopular opinion, but that's how I feel.

Unpopular opinion, but I agree with you. This figure was available on SS forever. All the disappointed "shouldn't have waited," collectors are being rewarded for sitting on the fence. Part of what makes collecting fun is not knowing which figures are going to become popular later on and which ones will plummet in value. Being honest, it was cool to own this figure from the jump and suddenly see it go to waitlist as Endgame Thor was definitely not the definitive version people envisioned.

Again, unpopular opinion, but that's how I feel.

I don't particular care much about value as I am unlikely to sell my figures, but am in agreement with you guys. This was available at Sideshow for 6 months after it started shipping. people didnt miss out at that point. They just didn't really want it and most are only wanting it now after it sold out. So now we have to wait longer for newer figures so Hot Toys can capitalize on the current hype. I'm starting to get tired of preorders being well over a year out.

I don't particular care much about value as I am unlikely to sell my figures, but am in agreement with you guys. This was available at Sideshow for 6 months after it started shipping. people didnt miss out at that point. They just didn't really want it and most are only wanting it now after it sold out. So now we have to wait longer for newer figures so Hot Toys can capitalize on the current hype. I'm starting to get tired of preorders being well over a year out.

I don't nor did I plan on selling my IW Thor, I just think it adds a little more to what I own when it's something that's sought after but no longer available. I liken it to the Mk47, that armor got so much hate. Personally not a fan myself. But I think that it's awesome for those who loved it and jumped on it despite the hate, to now see the figure being sought after for up to, if not over, $1000.

If IW Thor sold out quick and POs were filled up immediately, cool, make some more to meet the demand. But this was available for so long. That should've been enough time to decide whether this figure was "worthy" or not.

At this point I just hope HT makes a new Stormbreaker with proper proportions for Endgame Thor. But I have a feeling they're just gonna reuse this one.

Thor is back on pre order at SS. Release Oct - Dec. Are they reissued it?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

Back