1/6 Hot Toys - Infinity War - Thor

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I'm glad it resonated with someone out there. Personally, I was looking for a different approach to his last outing as an Avenger. Maybe I'll feel differently later, but at the moment I felt it a bit too long of a gag. Guess we'll see what any future incarnations will hold.

Yes I remember thinking it was hilarious to begin with then it got old pretty quickly as the movie went on.

The problem is a beer gut etc is not something that can be quickly zapped away, so they were stuck with it a bit.

That said I'm still glad they made him a guy that had gone rock bottom. By the end he was back in the saddle with the Guardians.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah down on his luck Thor was fine, but they just took it way too far. I do think it's cool that he will probably be with the Guardians now.

Thor EG funko Pop. Come on HT
4694f6cfa559a8b025233abf9fec6f5e.jpg

Preordered all the new funkos... hope HT makes that Thor, Rescue and Hulk with the gauntlet.

Rescue will be very tempting. Hulk isn't quite the must-get I was expecting after seeing the movie, but that particular look in that Funko promo, with that particular accessory, would have some real shelf presence. Even Thor, though I wasn't a huge fan of his treatment in EG, would be kind of a standout if armed in that specific way, and would be a nice visual endpoint if someone was a Thor completionist.

Who knows? If they get enough waitlist orders Hot Toys may just crank out some more

I’m hoping that’s the whole reason they reopened the waitlist because more are coming.

This is still my favorite Thor. Especially with the Bad Tomato Axe. If they make an End Game Thor, and they most likely will, I may pick up the head because I do like the long hair and beard look.

On another note, did anyone else make the connection that the “Dude” reference was obviously a nod to Jeff Bridges who was the first villain in Iron Man but because he died they couldn’t bring him back but that this was a way to recognize the actor for his contribution to the MCU? I thought it was funny and cool. It did get old though.

Nerf Thor. Nerf Hulk.

I’m on the waitlist for this guy now. I really like the fact they took him down the path they did in endgame.
I recall him saying at the start of Ragnarok
“I make grave mistakes all the time... everything seems to work out”
showing he was self aware but also that he was still very cocky and always found a way to win. After that he lost his hammer, his Father, his girlfriend, his brother, his friends, his home and missed the kill shot on Thanos meaning he also lost half the universe.
Where you see him in endgame is a man who has lost everything. He said “F- it!” And started drinking because no matter what he does after the snap, he will always be the man who failed to save half of everything. All the pain that people felt, the loss, the depression, the suicides, the deaths that occured when people disappeared while driving, planes crashing, trains derailing etc he dove inside a bottle hoping to muffle the cries of anguish heard throughout the galaxy. No one could feel as low as him and for good reason “you should have gone for the head” he keeps hearing. No amount of booze blocks it out.
The comedy is there because ultimately it’s a family orientated blockbuster but the subtext behind it is there if you want to look a little deeper. A lot of the jokes made by other characters are there because its a coping mechanism. They know how tragic the whole thing is and mask it with crude one liners. There’s a term called “gallows humour” very evident in professions like police, nursing and morgues. These people see horrific things all the time and use dark hunour to help cope with it. So do the remaining avengers.
Anyway I didn’t mean to write as much as I did, just enjoyed the characterisation and I think he’ll be a better character going forward if they decide to use him further in the MCU. This could be used as another stepping stone to a huge redemption arc for Thor if the write it well.
We’ll see.

Back