1/6 Hot Toys - Infinity War - Thor

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks! Someone told me to not leave it clamped on for a long period of time.

I suppose it depends where you have Thor held. After 1 day I took Thor off it’s stand because the clamp was marking up the pants at the waist. The padding on the clamp is too thin and the clamp was digging into the pants.

I guess if you have the clamp hold Thor by the plastic chest armor it would be okay. I just didn’t bother at that point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I actually damaged the rod on his flight (or is it semi-flight) stand trying to adjust it.. even with the screw completely removed to loosen it off, it rubbed the rubber off in a couple of places.. Fortunately I can hide it behind the figure.

Glad I read all this about the stand...

I got mine last week and the right chest piece's magnet came off immediately. Easy fix, but still kind of annoying. I do love the figure overall, though.

just received the bad tomato axe today. would like to check with those of you who has one of these, is slit in the pictures normal?

IMG_20190312_213305__01.jpg
IMG_20190312_213444__01.jpg
IMG_20190312_213343__01.jpg

just received the bad tomato axe today. would like to check with those of you who has one of these, is slit in the pictures normal?

My bad tomato axe is the same way. I figured it is there due to them having to fold it over the axe some sort of way. I have Thor holding the axe up near that section. Overall I think it is a decent upgrade. I have the HT axe displayed with Teen groot.

My bad tomato axe is the same way. I figured it is there due to them having to fold it over the axe some sort of way. I have Thor holding the axe up near that section. Overall I think it is a decent upgrade. I have the HT axe displayed with Teen groot.

thank you. I feel better about it now haha.

I would have to agree this is normal. I bought 2 of these, 1 for me and 1 as a gift. Also I noticed that the slit part was on the opposite sides of each I got it

Hi guys, I have both Thor and the Bad Tomato Axe, but I cannot decide whether to use it or not. I like how it looks, but when I give it to Thor, it looks somehow off. I'm afraid it might just be my perception of knowing that it has it's paint flaws and things like that, and it all might be just me being too sensitive about it. What is the general opinion about this 3rd party axe? Is everyone who bought it, using it? Also, is anyone re-painting the BT? I'm tempted to do so, as I think it looks way too black in some areas, but I don't really want to cover the blue light effect.

12.jpg
Im using the bad tomato axe over the stock hot toys and I love it. Sure the paint could be better, but I feel he has much more of a presence with it and more size accurate vs the hot toys one. Ever since I first saw the prototype pics of Thor I just couldnt get over the fact the size was too small. Then after seeing it when he pushes it through Thanos chest in the film I knew it was. So in my view its well worth using if u have it.

Despite the lack of change in appearance, I don't think Hot Toys will skip the Endgame Thor since he's such an important character. Which I would expect to come with a properly scaled Stormbreaker.

At which point I'd probably just switch the IW Thor to the pre-Nidavellir look and leave the fun size Stormbreaker in the box.

Despite the lack of change in appearance, I don't think Hot Toys will skip the Endgame Thor since he's such an important character. Which I would expect to come with a properly scaled Stormbreaker.

At which point I'd probably just switch the IW Thor to the pre-Nidavellir look and leave the fun size Stormbreaker in the box.

I don’t see them releasing the same suit and sculpt with a new base. I see them releasing a Thor in the quantum suit with stormbreaker and the same sculpt

I think there's a chance. It's rare, but it's happened, eg. GOTG Vol. 2 Rocket and IW Rocket.

I think they could re-release him without the bare arms and the eyepatch, but with a bigger Stormbreaker, and maybe an additional Endgame specific accessory.

Perhaps even as an exclusive two-pack with another character like Rocket, similar to the second ANH Vader.

If they re-release him I hope they do something about the armored arms . At least put a double bend joint under the sleeve so we can have more options for posing. The single bend is killing me for all my action pose options.

I don’t see them releasing the same suit and sculpt with a new base. I see them releasing a Thor in the quantum suit with stormbreaker and the same sculpt
Looks like the discs on his suit are silver instead of black, not sure if that would warrant a figure, just sayin'

Back