1/6 Hot Toys - Infinity War - Thor

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Took some more pics of the repainted axe with the figure
IMG_6961.jpg

IMG_6962.jpg

IMG_6969.jpg

IMG_6969a.jpg

I have a couple small defects on my Thor, and emailed Sideshow about it on the 14th. I still haven't heard anything back, I don't know what's wrong with them these days. They have always responded quickly before.

Is this normal? If I look closeley I feel like it's used or is it intended to look "rough"?

You can't really see it if you don't use direct light. Have not even noticed it since now lol.

Does this happen from touching? Or is it a used figure?! Looks kinda weird on pictures.
2ff0a6454c1c418632ed62d05c156ca7.jpg
f16ca1b437bfb89aca2819dd40dfe18f.jpg
a4f37c100ae079b26336564faed26fb5.jpg
ee5aa8be18e5a060bb684820cf06ba4b.jpg

Mine does not have the wear or scratches at all.
0e7cb195fcfcda4638f5b3e74351b783.jpg

312b075aa1ff9f75fa86fafb8fc60654.jpg

That looks very strange to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is this normal? If I look closeley I feel like it's used or is it intended to look "rough"?

You can't really see it if you don't use direct light. Have not even noticed it since now lol.

Does this happen from touching? Or is it a used figure?! Looks kinda weird on pictures.

Gesendet von meinem Mi MIX 2S mit Tapatalk

No question that is either HEAVILY used or plain defective. I’m only commenting on this because I would probably be classified as a “forgiving” collector instead of a picky one. That means I almost never return or exchange unless there is a major defect (ie breakage, paint bubbles, etc.) whereas others might want a total replacement.

This should absolutely be returned, it looks like it was either packed with sandpaper or completely missed by QC.

EDIT: If you didn’t buy direct from a HT distributor, it honestly looks like someone tried (and failed miserably) at making the figure look battle damaged or “worn”.

No question that is either HEAVILY used or plain defective. I’m only commenting on this because I would probably be classified as a “forgiving” collector instead of a picky one. That means I almost never return or exchange unless there is a major defect (ie breakage, paint bubbles, etc.) whereas others might want a total replacement.

This should absolutely be returned, it looks like it was either packed with sandpaper or completely missed by QC.

EDIT: If you didn’t buy direct from a HT distributor, it honestly looks like someone tried (and failed miserably) at making the figure look battle damaged or “worn”.
I purchased it from sideshow. It's my first hot toys figure... Also the pins on the cape fell immediately off. I had to glue them back on. I was extremely disappointed with the price/value because of it, but now after changing the "chest piece" I feel like it's a used figure?! Look at this pic I just took.

Just contacted sideshow and sent them all the pictures. I hope they will send me a replacement...
312c8572e8d68cd04c75fc82931d936e.jpg

I purchased it from sideshow. It's my first hot toys figure... Also the pins on the cape fell immediately off. I had to glue them back on. I was extremely disappointed with the price/value because of it, but now after changing the "chest piece" I feel like it's a used figure?! Look at this pic I just took.

Just contacted sideshow and sent them all the pictures. I hope they will send me a replacement...

No question it’s used. SS will make things right, just make sure that you request an exchange. They have been slow to respond ever since the new year but be patient for at least 2 weeks, if you don’t hear back from them, call.

Oh and just make sure that you did go through the website and submitted your request for service there right? As long as you started it there, no matter how long it takes for them to respond, your start date is locked in.

No question it’s used. SS will make things right, just make sure that you request an exchange. They have been slow to respond ever since the new year but be patient for at least 2 weeks, if you don’t hear back from them, call.

Oh and just make sure that you did go through the website and submitted your request for service there right? As long as you started it there, no matter how long it takes for them to respond, your start date is locked in.
Awesome thanks. Yes, did it via their website under my account.

Im sure Sideshow will take care of you and quickly. Did the figure come covered in many plastic sheets,some taped and some loose?

Note quite sure since it's my first fig. I think the arms and legs were not taped. I'd say that it looked pretty "new" at first glance.

Hmm, that's very odd...I feel like my Thor had some minor scuffs on his armor, but I never shined a bright flashlight on it. Mine is all boxed up and I won't be able to get my hands on it for another 2-3 weeks, now I'm curious if mine is all beat up too...

I'm probably worrying over nothing since I do recall my shipment was super fresh...no way it was tampered with. It's probably fine, but now I want to know haha.

Awesome thanks. Yes, did it via their website under my account.

Good! They absolutely WILL get back to you but they have been super slow lately. I’m sure you want a response ASAP but if you don’t wait the allotted time for them to get back to you and submit a new request, it unfortunately puts you at the back of the line.

Just a few tips that I’ve picked up over the years since I also collect Statues which have a much higher probability of QC/breakage issues. Honestly, since 2012, I’ve only had 2 (out of literally hundreds) HT’s that needed replacement and both were Iron Man figures (OG plastic Mk. VII and the new Concept Art Mk. 46). This is rare in my experience but with HT’s shipping higher volume, I am definitely seeing more strange stuff that needs to be addressed. Although, like kanine said, SS has definitely shipped used figures in the past but it’s rare. And I’m definitely not trying to be a SS apologist, but from what I’ve heard at conventions is that it is usually a mixup at the warehouse.

I recently ordered this great figure, but delivery was delayed due to Chinese New Year. Should receive it now within the next two weeks. Very excited.

In the past 2 years I was a bit out of the collecting game. Last figures I ordered were Deadpool and Punisher. With „Endgame“ coming up the collecting fever is now back and I ordered Hulk AoU, Spiderman Homecong Deluxe Vers. and Captain America CW plus Thor IW within one month.

Back