1/6 Hot Toys - Infinity War - Thor

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Given where the weak point is on the handle that would take a rather long, very thin drill bit to achieve (not a very common item)....along with more skill than a lot of us are likely to possess. :lol

Edit: The handle does appear to be two-piece, as there's a seam below the axe head where it looks to be glued together. So someone more adventurous than me might want to try taking it apart and drilling from that point in order to insert a pin for reinforcement.
Well if you are only going to look at the axe from one angle, another option if you don't want to drill is just place the pin on the underside of the handle where you can't see it, if you dont want to drill. At least that would provide some support but it would be cumbersome to balance the handle on the pin.

I keep my figures in a 70 degree room. No battery installed. Axe held at neck since I have had the item. I have had it for 1.5 weeks and it is definitely warped. Best just to keep watching your axes as there may be variables in how long it takes to warp.

Are there any custom blacklight stands? Or has anyone a good light solution, if I want to display it on my desk near my PC ?

No bending on mine so far, I do have him holding high up on the neck of the axe, and no battery

It's pretty obvious that the solution is to have Thor hold the axe high up on the neck & to keep it as close to vertical as possible. While that limits posing to some extent, IMO Thor still looks much better on the shelf with it than with the HT axe. And that's not even considering the light up feature.

Easily avoided by just not having him holding it down. Either up or off to the side and there are no problems

Easily avoided? Sure. But when buying an item at this price, I feel that having to limit the presentation of your figure should not even be a part of the discussion.

Easily avoided? Sure. But when buying an item at this price, I feel that having to limit the presentation of your figure should not even be a part of the discussion.

No it shouldn't, but this isn't exactly an isolated case. We limit poses on Iron Spider due to not wanting permanent creases in the suit, yet most people see that as an acceptable trade-off given how good it looks. We also need to be more conservative posing figures with seamless joints like Gamora and Wonder Woman. Sometimes compromises are necessary in order to achieve the best looks and/or not damage these expensive toys.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/271992273275
Standard generic Hot Toys style crotch grabber stand. It works.

AOU crotch grabbers work too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There must be some serious variation in the size of this stand (which is likely, since it appears to be pretty cheap), but I've got one, and the hole on the IW Thor stand is way too big to hold the generic crotch grabber stand in place. It can't even stand on its own, let alone supporting a figure. So, PSA to people: YMMV.

I was just switching out the hands when I noticed this :(

DhQrQGv.jpg

His left gauntlet has a split/tear. Unless its suppose to be there(?) Disappointing for such an expensive figure. This could have been caused by pushing the gauntlet up too high when changing hands/arms, so be cautious about that. And don't mix them up, they are labeled left/right on the inside.

Repainted the BT Axe - didn't like the black color on it. Also mine had some fingerprints and paint smudges on it.

IMG_6945.JPG

IMG_6946.JPG

IMG_6947.JPG

IMG_6949.JPG

IMG_6950.JPG

IMG_6955.JPG

Back