1/6 Hot Toys - Infinity War - Thor

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've only had mine for a week but it hasn't bent at all since then. But I'll be sure to reposition it every so often to make sure it doesn't happen.

Hope someone does a better review for the Bad Tomato Thuder Axe. This is the only one I've seen from a couple days ago. Still debating on whether or not it's worth it. Wonder if HT will redo Stormbreaker for the likely Avengers End Game Thor figure.

If anyone watched that vid, its clearly bending hard at one point. Whats really odd is that its impossible to miss, yet he keeps silent on it and just continues on fiddling with it and what not. Skip to 3:09. Its really bad and he ignored it lol. I think the answer here is not to leave it point down for too long. Ill have mine face up like he is summoning power

If anyone watched that vid, its clearly bending hard at one point. Whats really odd is that its impossible to miss, yet he keeps silent on it and just continues on fiddling with it and what not. Skip to 5:09. Its really bad and he ignored it lol. I think the answer here is not to leave it point down for too long. Ill have mine face up like he is summoning power

I think you mean skip to 3:09. The clip is only 5:06 long :)

Got the hammer in, annoyed that the back plate just falls out if you don't have a battery in it, as it relies on the magnet to hold it in.

So it would need another magnet in it if you didnt use the battery?

Mine is bending in the cabinet. The weight is a bit too much for neck. The electronics are a bit too heavy. I have Thor gripping it higher on the neck to help it.

Upon closer inspection and comparison to some of the pictures here. It does appear mine has some mild warping as well. I have been dual handing the axe since I got it with one hand very high on the neck yet it still appears to be happening. Looks like this is a major quality control issue.

Weak plastic that has a high degree of flex. After bending the axe in the opposite direction it has eventually straightened out, but it will simply warp again I fear.

Pilot drill a hole down the length of the handle and insert a metal rod?

Given where the weak point is on the handle that would take a rather long, very thin drill bit to achieve (not a very common item)....along with more skill than a lot of us are likely to possess. :lol

Edit: The handle does appear to be two-piece, as there's a seam below the axe head where it looks to be glued together. So someone more adventurous than me might want to try taking it apart and drilling from that point in order to insert a pin for reinforcement.

For those that are bending, do you have the battery installed?

Yes, but over a day or two it will slowly bend to one side or the other, wherever side gravity can get to it. My solution is to make sure the axe is more upright, and that Thor is holding it closer to the top.

I have had mine in the same pose (axe head down) since i got it a week ago with no visable warping. Maybe its a tempature thing. My figs are in a 65 degree room

Yes, but over a day or two it will slowly bend to one side or the other, wherever side gravity can get to it. My solution is to make sure the axe is more upright, and that Thor is holding it closer to the top.

I know it's small, but could the bending also be due to the additional weight of the battery?

I will check on mine in a couple days to see, since I do not have the battery installed.

Yes, my Thor is holding it close to the top as well (photo a few pages back) & no bending issue. That’s right where the seam is between the two parts of the handle, and odds are there’s a small pin & pilot hole inside there already.
It’s slightly annoying that this bending issue may limit poses, but we can always switch back to the HT axe if needed.

I have had mine in the same pose (axe head down) since i got it a week ago with no visable warping. Maybe its a tempature thing. My figs are in a 65 degree room

Possibly. I have my displays in the living room (somehow I got the wife to accept this) and I run a wood stove in there for house heat, so that room is usually 70-75F at this time of year.

I'm thinking about dipping and applying a very thin layer of super glue to my bad tomato axe handle... I'm hoping it will act as a rigid 'casing' after it dries up and prevent it from bending. I bought two just in case I mess up the first one. Yeah I'm crazy

Back