1/6 Hot Toys - Infinity War - Thor

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now THIS is Stormbreaker. BRING ME THANOS!!!

(Pardon the crappy phone pic.)

Thor SB thumbnail.jpeg

Sorry, I know most everyone is sick of seeing pictures of a weapon that is the Thanos killing kind but I am just so damn impressed! This is the size HT should have made In my opinion. Also sorry for the horrible pictures:

Attachments

• F4F16613-BC37-4C86-9B8A-43BCEAF63E1A.jpg
    F4F16613-BC37-4C86-9B8A-43BCEAF63E1A.jpg
    305.1 KB · Views: 344
  • 1B88DEC3-437E-4902-BDC4-CC797E9C7108.jpg
    1B88DEC3-437E-4902-BDC4-CC797E9C7108.jpg
    318.2 KB · Views: 345
  • AC952D6A-D78E-41DA-B8D5-DAE9BDC408CE.jpg
    AC952D6A-D78E-41DA-B8D5-DAE9BDC408CE.jpg
    314.8 KB · Views: 331
Stormbreaker does change sizes in the movie. Hot Toys did scale it correctly for certain scenes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I just used regular super glue (like Gorilla Glue).

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

& right when Thor steps foot on Wakanda it looks pretty accurate. After, not so much but there are scenes.

Great figure regardless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For what it's worth, I'd prefer they scaled it smaller. Thor is now limited to crowd control type attacks if it is too large. Different with a staff or spear like Odin and Loki.. but a massive axe for melee?

Would be nice for him to still have a half decent 1 on 1 ground based weapon fight on occasion though

The bigger stormbreaker does look cool maybeif they offered it without the lighting effect for 25 or 30 I'd be in but not for an extra 60

While I appreciate the scaling of the new Stormbreaker, I can't help but think that the size of the bad tomato axe makes it look comically large in some respects.

He doesn't need it or anything else for melees. After all (to paraphrase Odin), he's not The God of Axes.

This reminds me of infinity war's ignoring some of ragnarok's plot points and their inconsistencies.
1) Hela looks to be on the same level with Thanos. why didn't Thor think of making the stormbreaker to defeat her.
2) Thor's growth was represented by him losing his eye and realising that he is much more than his weapon. Both points were undone by IW. He got back an eye and made a weapon.
3) In ragnarok Banner clearly doesn't remember the events that happened to the Hulk. But when he crashed on to earth he could warn dr strange and tony that thanos is coming. He even knew Thanos was the one behind Loki's invasion of earth???
4) Russos said that hulk refused to come out in IW because he didn't want to help banner. Sorry there wasn't any build-up to bring this point across in both ragnarok and IW. It just seems like hulk was afraid of thanos and the black order..

While I appreciate the scaling of the new Stormbreaker, I can't help but think that the size of the bad tomato axe makes it look comically large in some respects.
Nice.

The size makes all the difference for me. The HT axe looks like the one Steve used to chop wood in AOU. The BT one actually looks like something he could bury deep into Thanos chest.

Thor.jpg

Hope someone does a better review for the Bad Tomato Thuder Axe. This is the only one I've seen from a couple days ago. Still debating on whether or not it's worth it. Wonder if HT will redo Stormbreaker for the likely Avengers End Game Thor figure.

Oof! Just saw this on Facebook. Watch out guys. Guess the head with the electronics is too heavy for the handle?
9c7592637a872bb941790dc9ba4ad177.jpg

Waiting for this holiday business to be over so they can ship mine already hah

Oof! Just saw this on Facebook. Watch out guys. Guess the head with the electronics is too heavy for the handle?
9c7592637a872bb941790dc9ba4ad177.jpg

Looks like he modified it with new hard wiring to a different power source. User error bent his shaft. But of course he blames the girthy weight of the “axe face”.

Mine is bending in the cabinet. The weight is a bit too much for neck. The electronics are a bit too heavy. I have Thor gripping it higher on the neck to help it.

Back