1/6 Hot Toys - Infinity War - Thor

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The issues with stormbreaker are very irritating as it seems such an easy thing to get right:slap but I'm still looking forward to this in large part because Thor had such a big role in IW1. I also only have the DW Thor so looking forward to the updated look.

Because of stormbreaker being too small, or is there another issue with its accuracy that I'm not aware of? For me it's hard to tell it's even too small, pics could just be misleading. Guess I'll know in a few days.

Because of stormbreaker being too small, or is there another issue with its accuracy that I'm not aware of? For me it's hard to tell it's even too small, pics could just be misleading. Guess I'll know in a few days.

It's not spot on cosmetically but the scale is what bothers me most. It is presumably replacing Thor's iconic hammer and was a major part of the plot of the film, you would think getting the damn thing right would be higher priority than this "good enough" version we are getting to the tune of nearly $300.

It's not spot on cosmetically but the scale is what bothers me most. It is presumably replacing Thor's iconic hammer and was a major part of the plot of the film, you would think getting the damn thing right would be higher priority than this "good enough" version we are getting to the tune of nearly $300.

Hmm, does seem odd. Kinda surprised they didn't have the luminous reflective effect like for his eye(s) on stormbreaker. At any rate I understand peoples frustration but most probably won't notice the scale issues, heck I probably won't even be able to tell al that much. I know Mjolnir isn't his weapon in IW but I'll still probably grab one off Toy Anxiety or Onesixthkit just to go with it, possibly even an older Thor headsculpt with longer hair.

I too got an email that he’s processing on the 11th....but that can’t be right. Im sure a “due to a glitch in our system” email is coming....unless he’s shipping via Bifrost :duh

I find it odd simply because there seem to be no video or pic reviews of this, so no one in Hong Kong has this yet? And a bunch of us are going to get this in just 2 days, does seem odd. But, this same thing happened with Deadpool 2 last week (tho there were vid reviews before mine shipped by at least 2 weeks).

I find it odd simply because there seem to be no video or pic reviews of this, so no one in Hong Kong has this yet? And a bunch of us are going to get this in just 2 days, does seem odd. But, this same thing happened with Deadpool 2 last week (tho there were vid reviews before mine shipped by at least 2 weeks).

Yeah its bizarre. I guess it’s possible though. Perhaps there was something worked out with this figure that would have it released in NA first. Darkside Anakin was released as a SDCC exclusive here first, before any other country (I think). There’s a first time for everything. I’m very curious to see how this plays out.

There doesn't seem to be any sort of structure to HT releases anymore. Some figures release in the US at the same time as Hong Kong and some still lag for weeks or even months. Sometimes everyone seems to get the figures at the same time but other releases seem to be shipped over in batches of about 10.

Yeah its bizarre. I guess it’s possible though. Perhaps there was something worked out with this figure that would have it released in NA first. Darkside Anakin was released as a SDCC exclusive here first, before any other country (I think). There’s a first time for everything. I’m very curious to see how this plays out.

Very true, good points. Hey I'll be super stoked if this ships Thursday as slated. Wouldn't be surprised if you're right, we all know figures like Iron Man armor and things sell well in Asia, maybe they don't care about Thor or Cap so they release them in our market first.

Ended up canceling a week or two ago. Not for any issues with the figure itself but I’m just trying to slowly ease out of collecting. At least to a certain extent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ha! I've been slowly easing out of collecting since 2006.

I too got an email that he’s processing on the 11th....but that can’t be right. Im sure a “due to a glitch in our system” email is coming....unless he’s shipping via Bifrost :duh

NOOOOO mine is the 18th:panic::gah: im going to be so lateeee gah

I got the same email. This sort of thing seems to be happening alot recently.

I got the same email. This sort of thing seems to be happening alot recently.

There have been a lot of storys of ships being overfilled the last couple months trying to beat the tariffs and things not on the tariff list right now being left behind.

A lot of companys have been flying stuff over since there are no ships available. SS could be doing this and if they are then they would get their stock within a day or two of figures releasing.

Mine is shipping Thursday and Hela is shipping today

There have been a lot of storys of ships being overfilled the last couple months trying to beat the tariffs and things not on the tariff list right now being left behind.

A lot of companys have been flying stuff over since there are no ships available. SS could be doing this and if they are then they would get their stock within a day or two of figures releasing.

Mine is shipping Thursday and Hela is shipping today

My Hela shipped today too and very interesting about the ships and tariffs...

I wonder how long it will take bigbadtoystore to get there's, i might just order from sideshow to get it sooner, but taxes sucks...as do the extra shipping fees... such problems i have to deal with in life :):)

Back