Hot Toys Indiana Jones & the Dial of Destiny

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
357037296_653776753453007_3125486361197085373_n.jpg

357034321_653776790119670_8921484851497650645_n.jpg

356817249_653776540119695_4173182568097231142_n.jpg

356863171_653776780119671_5157396759043242257_n.jpg

356842030_653776616786354_4251206988992614559_n.jpg

:panic::panic: A new Indy!!!!! (Or technically older Indy :wink1::lol ) Awesome details and that base!

I’m quasi interested in picking up a 1/6 IJ now, and this one came seemingly unexpected! It looks fantastic based on HT’s usual level. I do agree with others that it would be nice to have a younger version too, since we’d like to have a standout version of him from the original trilogy. Plus, correct me if I’m mistaken, the last HT Indy came out quite a while ago and a newer version would be most welcome by many collectors.

I missed the boat on the Present Toys Indy (I know, I wasn’t interested when they were available, but I am now :lol ), but this looks like a great Indy figure to get, despite depicting him aged.

I really am lost as to what the monicker DX equates to anymore. Given the extras and rolling eye feature you would have thought this was one. Especially when compared to what they gave for the Ahsoka DX
DX figures get nicer interior packaging.

I think people might be getting ahead of themselves. Ford has always done whatever it takes to promote his most current project, but doesn't give a flip about any of his old stuff. So I'll still be surprised if we get any more Han or Indy figures.
He seems to have more affection for Indy than Han. He’s played him more times now (I think).

I really am lost as to what the monicker DX equates to anymore. Given the extras and rolling eye feature you would have thought this was one. Especially when compared to what they gave for the Ahsoka DX
It wouldn't surprise me if they slowly just phase it out. It's a pretty much pointless line now given that originally the main special features of the DX releases were the moving eyes and typically some sort of specialty display stand. Now, any 'ol figure can come with those features. All the DX's have left are their special foam padded boxes. But the new deluxe President Loki has pretty much a DX style packaging almost.

Cool. Looking forward to the Phoebe Waller-Bridge figure to go with it.

Not looking for spoilers, since I haven't seen the film yet, but this Indy doesn't have a gun belt, gun combo?
No, he doesn't have his gun belt in the film, but, unlike Crystal Skull, he does shoot people in this one.....just with other people's guns!

Is this the first HT without a removable hat?
No. Both the just released BTTF3 figures have non-removable hats.
I doubt it. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if Gilroy demanded "no toys".
There have been a bunch of Hasbro figures.
Noticed the button-cell batteries. So PopCultcha won’t be stocking this? Or is that ridiculous battery ban no longer a thing?
I think it’s no longer a thing. They did successfully modify a figure can’t remember which one and I’ve got figures from them where they had removed the batteries but nothing else.

Disappointing people can’t keep to the topic in hand in this thread.

I think HT will eventually release a young Indy from this film (I can't see them leaving easy money on the table) but probably are under orders from Disney not to "spoil the movie" by putting it up prior to the actual release of the film. Not that the trailers haven't already spoiled that lol. What makes it even more likely is that its being based on a CGi Indy probably negates needing Ford to approve the likeness rights. Of course they'll wait an absurdly long time in order to maximize sales of this version. And they'll probably make it such that a simple head swap between the two is impossible. Because this is the way..............of Hot Toys.

I doubt they are under orders from Disney. I think its just the second part of your statement. Hot Toys want to seperate them and maximize sales of old Indy first. (How many versions of Return of the Jedi Luke Skywalker did they release? A character with a very basic costume and limited accessories).
If this is scheduled to come out over a year now from now, we'll probably have to wait till it ships to see 'Dial of Destiny - Young version', wait a year for that one to ship, and then we may see a pre-order for a new original trilogy figure.(...which might be Last Crusade considering that one hasn't been done by Hot Toys or Sideshow any time in the last decade.)

But I don't mind an old Indy here. The figure itself looks incredible, with great accessories and an amazing base. I'm in.

I find it interesting that they're only now starting to introduce genuine leather for the jacket and boots. HT's biggest issue has always been materials flaking and peeling...

My first Indy figure is flakier and crustier than a Michelin star French pastry at this stage, so this new step towards genuine leather is a welcomed one.

Fingers crossed they'd give us a young flashback Indy. It's a nice figure to bookmark the end of an incredible franchise, definitely getting this iteration.

I'm beyond happy that this has been announced by Hot Toys and that it's finally using genuine leather. My first HT IJ figure's all crusty and crumbling apart as the pleather they used never holds up. This step forward in materials is seriously overdue...

I love the new base... always felt that the Indy line held a ton of unexplored potential for seriously interesting and novel base designs....

Back