Hot Toys Indiana Jones & the Dial of Destiny

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was eyeballing that jacket and web belt as good pieces for Last Crusade. Even the pants look like they may work now seen in the lights of secret base.
Worse case I can try lightening them. Here is a Sideshow Jason Voorhees brown coat I re-dyed using fabric paints.
Screenshot_20230629_171608.jpg

Will buy to have an older Indy but I'll also hunt down the jacket, satchel, boots and pants with web belt. But I'll be pretty satisfied if we get young Indy so I can make him into a LC version.

Nice. And awesome Brody. :clap

Are you on that Brody run? I guess it was for the sheriff version. I'm not because I'm not on FB but always interested in Jaws figures.

The hat doesn't look nearly as small as the one that came with that "sought after" Treasure hunter MJ knockoff, in comparison.

Seeing this tomorrow. Expectations in check.

I have that Treasure Hunter MJ knockoff sculpt and was just about to post the very same thing. Both it and this new figure's hat sculpts are way too small.

As for this new figure, I honestly don't want an old Indy on display. I was even thinking of possibly swapping the head sculpt out with a younger Indy sculpt and sell the old sculpt to recoup some of the cost. Have a "The further adventures of Indiana Jones" version. Still not sure if it is all even worth it.

Just came back from the screening. No spoilers. I truthfully enjoyed it. Old Indy is a very interesting character, I will definitely preorder the deluxe version of the figure.

Seriously, it’s a solid, elegantly written movie. Of course I have two or three major gripes (ok I’ll say it, one being CGI young Jones which is mostly bad and sometimes decent, but mostly bad - and a couple of other plot related things that I won’t mention).

Just go see the movie with an open mind.

P.s. bonus points: it’s not woke

Last edited:
Jez I’m out of this thread lol

Hopefully no one posting about the film in the Doomslayer thread

That’s what I had to do with all the Flash figure threads before I saw the movie. Just stayed out them until I did.

I will say I don’t think it’s bad if anyone says something like “just saw the movie and really liked it, so I’m considering getting this figure now.”

But once it starts getting into mini review territory, it should definitely be saved for the actual movie thread.

Nice. And awesome Brody. :clap

Are you on that Brody run? I guess it was for the sheriff version. I'm not because I'm not on FB but always interested in Jaws figures.
I'm on the Quint run and was able to secure the Brody sculpt. Which was better anyway because I wasn't interested in the Sheriff look but the ending look more so.

Eh, Still not a great sculpt, its maybe the better of the Ford sculpts , but still not really feeling it.

We need a Yondu/Sparrow/ level sculpt...

Not another Stark/Luke sculpt.

Young Indy deserves only the best.

Is the young Indy in the film in the classic outfit?

The trailers seem to show him in some sort of Army outfit?

I wish they made an entire Indy movie with de-aged Ford. Maybe a surreal animated movie that looks "real" but is essentially... dare I say it? A cartoon.

I suppose it will still be old man Ford's gravelly voice on a young man's visage.

Saw it last night.
Liked it enough, a 7/10 for me. It was better than Crystal Skull and yeah I know that’s not saying much.

I guess I'm going to go Saturday and see the movie. I know I'll dislike it from what I've heard but I rather make my own opinion. Plus I do want to see that young Indy flashback scene.

I wish they made an entire Indy movie with de-aged Ford. Maybe a surreal animated movie that looks "real" but is essentially... dare I say it? A cartoon.

I suppose it will still be old man Ford's gravelly voice on a young man's visage.
That would be cool and different. I would watch. I could see it being a miniseries/movie for Disney+. They’re sorta doing that for Transformers in a way, though I know giant robots can’t really be anything other than CGI. They said no one would watch a completely “animated” TF movie without humans in theaters, so it’s going to be on Netflix. But, it’s staring a good handful of actors like Chris Hemsworth, Lawrence Fishbone, Jon Ham and ScarJo for the voices.

Back