Hot Toys Grand Moff Tarkin

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quick question, did anyone else's Tarkin come with a crack around the base of the thumb on the right hand fist?

Never seen anything quite like it on a hand before, it doesn't look like any kind of mold line I've seen before, it almost looks like the thumb was attached separately, so don't know whether it's a common thing, or whether I should try and get a replacement part.

Cheers.

Tarkin has it. I recently noticed that, watched some video reviews and every fugure had it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I remember first seeing it (can’t remember what figure now) and being pretty surprised but I’ve now seen it on a few figures at various points. I believe it’s always on that grip hand.

Any suggestions how to remove the jacket and get on him a new one? Thing is mine jacket is damaged, the topsheet peel off and does not hold anymore (image below), and i need to swap it for the new one, but i can't see the way how to do it without end up with the same result.

View attachment 413844

Like a few people here, I got my brand new Tarkin/Vader with this flap/glue problem. I've seen a few suggestions but what's the verdict on the best way to repair it?

Like a few people here, I got my brand new Tarkin/Vader with this flap/glue problem. I've seen a few suggestions but what's the verdict on the best way to repair it?

I used this stuff:

Fabric glue works to attach all those studs you see on every figure, which are metal, and without leaving any residue like Crazy Glue might leave. You can get it for $4.

I got this to reattach buttons, highly recommend it. Has the tiniest little applicator — a needle. And given that lots of HT figure come with extra studs, they’re indicating that some are likely to fall off at some point.

G-S HYPO FABRIC CEMENT Adhesive Crafting Glue 1/3 oz. Tube https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/292012244851

It came out well enough, it has a tiny spout so it should be easy to control, but be careful and try it out first away from the figure.

New glue for fabric. But I was refunded for the jacket, bought new one from eBay which has no glue but two magnets (inside the layers) so I can open it anytime without a problem. Original one has only one magnet and nasty piece of fabric glued to the other side with magnet.

New glue for fabric. But I was refunded for the jacket, bought new one from eBay which has no glue but two magnets (inside the layers) so I can open it anytime without a problem. Original one has only one magnet and nasty piece of fabric glued to the other side with magnet.

LOL! Reading and trying to understand your explanation reminded me of this scene:

https://youtu.be/7Dt5Nf7ct5c

I got my Grand Moff Tarkin today but it has a glue stain on the shirt. Does anyone know how I can remove it without staining the fabric? 20180810_120715.jpg

Can someone tell me how different the new ANH helmet is from the old?

I have the old ANH on my SS figure but saw a cheap new ANH helmet for sale. Not sure if it is that different.

Can someone tell me how different the new ANH helmet is from the old?

I have the old ANH on my SS figure but saw a cheap new ANH helmet for sale. Not sure if it is that different.

If you're going for the ESB look, you should maybe check out the new ESB helmet or the Rogue One helmet.

If you're going for the ESB look, you should maybe check out the new ESB helmet or the Rogue One helmet.

I'm ok with it being ANH actually. I just wanted to know if the new helmet was different than the old. I thought the new one was more like the RO but scuffed up.

I'm ok with it being ANH actually. I just wanted to know if the new helmet was different than the old. I thought the new one was more like the RO but scuffed up.

They're all the same sculpt. Rogue One is super glossy. The two ANH ones are really similar. Someone posted a comparison here when it first came out but it seemed negligible. Never seen the v2 in person.

They're all the same sculpt. Rogue One is super glossy. The two ANH ones are really similar. Someone posted a comparison here when it first came out but it seemed negligible. Never seen the v2 in person.

Maybe I'll hold off than. Just wanted to see if getting the newer one would be an upgrade. It is a cheap price for it on EBay.

This is what I have:
96a61ff9847123382096367e9476fe93.jpg

18b55c1513e5ceeb0a22c8eea3cf88f8.jpg

5296fb2f4ed4399675bfd50e4a4575fd.jpg

fd6b5ab5bd3b80ec5fd9f8b258b4e5e1.jpg

17cf67efd4e62f71b19fe10781407d04.jpg

Question for someone who has both the Hot Toys Tarkin and the Sideshow Admiral Piett:

How do the two uniforms compare? I have a custom Piett I made with a head I got from eBay and an old Hasbro uniform, but I want to upgrade it. Trying to decide if I should just get a new Piett on eBay or a Tarkin uniform to put on my current figure and paint the hat to match.

Question for someone who has both the Hot Toys Tarkin and the Sideshow Admiral Piett:

How do the two uniforms compare? I have a custom Piett I made with a head I got from eBay and an old Hasbro uniform, but I want to upgrade it. Trying to decide if I should just get a new Piett on eBay or a Tarkin uniform to put on my current figure and paint the hat to match.

I would go for the Tarkin uniform. It’s far superior to the SS Piett uniform. I had both and sold off Piett’s. A word of warning though. The collar is small, really small, on Tarkin’s. I had to cut it at the back and sew it up to get the neck to fit on my custom. Worth it though.

Still need to repaint the hat but I really dig it. Here it is...

8D75044E-C6F8-4682-8CBF-C3D846AB5A0F.jpeg

Back