Hot Toys Grand Moff Tarkin

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry, derail...

Been meaning to tell you Futurion - I LOVE your RJ signature meme - laugh my ass off every time I see it! Pure gold!!!!

tenor.gif

You can't get this Vader separately since it has parts ANH and parts RO. Price-wise it's a better deal than getting Tarkin plus either of the other Hot Toys Vaders out there.

Cool thanks :hi5: How much is Tarkin alone, $220?

$235 because he comes with the chair. It's a really nice accessory but not sure I'd ever display him sitting down - without the table he'd look a bit like a talk show guest.:lol

This figure would have been a beautifully executed but super-basic fig to charge $195 for, but alas - we get the chair no one will use, and pay an extra $40.:(

Paint looks great but sculpt is off. Even the proto. Hairline is off and made his forehead too big. I don’t see enough skeletal form on his face. Jawline too round too. It’s a decent sculpt but it’s almost Peter Cushing. I’m still getting it though.

When these blogger photos are released and we get our first “good look” at the production piece, and folks start comparing close up pics to movie stills I always have to stop and remind myself of two things before the figure is in hand. 1. It’s a sculpt, not a photograph. There will invariably be a few nits to pick. And 2. This is 1/6 scale. It’s gonna look GREAT on my shelf! Uhhhh.....most of the time, at least.

Paint looks great but sculpt is off. Even the proto. Hairline is off and made his forehead too big. I don’t see enough skeletal form on his face. Jawline too round too. It’s a decent sculpt but it’s almost Peter Cushing. I’m still getting it though.

It’s gonna look spot-on on the shelf. :wink1:

I know there's only been limited production images but aside from the hands are there differences between this Vader and previously released ANH Vader?

Mmm. Is it me, or was the prototype face sculpt a little better?

The detail unfortunately does seem a bit softer now, but I think the biggest difference is just with the paint job. The production artists haven't emphasized the wrinkles in the same way or darkened enough around the eyes, and the eyes themselves are the same overly dark and glassy ones which always seem to throw off the likeness.

u guys r crazzzzy, this looks just like Tarkin. I mean it so real and life-like. I showed it to a few friends and they thought it was really him not a toy. Its really beautifully done. :)

Yeah, in hand and in scale (meaning the head is the size of your thumb nail) this Tarkin will look crazy realistic.

My only nit is perhaps the hair it too brown and not gray enough. Nothing a light drybrushing couldn't solve if that's the case.

Yeah, I love how this figure turned out. Tailoring of his suit on the production piece looks better than the proto I think, and it's also a case where there's not much lost in the sculpt from proto to production. There usually always is, some more than others, but this is one where there wasn't much lost.

Looks like a solid figure all around.

Back