Hot Toys Grand Moff Tarkin

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is the Vader with this 2-pack the same ANH one with the weird gloved hands?

Nope! The gloves look identical to the Rogue One figure. I sold my ANH Vader for that very reason, and pre-ordered the two-pack. I'm currently Vaderless, but it's worth it. The ANH Vader was honestly my most disappointing Hot Toys figure. I looked into replacing the gloves with parted out gloves from RO Vader, but they go for about $60-70 on Ebay. Not worth it. If you plan on getting Tarkin, sell your ANH Vader and buy the two-pack. No weird gauntlets, no voice activation problems, an LED saber that doesn't require batteries in the arm, a bigger chest piece with rivets, better material for the cape and tunic (IMO) and hopefully, a recessed nose (finally). Also, from the prototype it looks like they're going with the ANH codpiece instead of the bulky RO one. This will be the best AHN Vader by far. It's worth the upgrade.

I love the Tarkin sculpt. There are some minor issues with the wardrobe, and the hands looked a bit large in early pictures, but no big deal. I've been hoping for this figure since Hot Toys acquired the Star Wars license! :yess:

Man I agree, the next thing I have coming is Hoth Leia and she's probably months away. Some great SW figures coming next year but the drop dates are hard to think about.

The new Spider-man is apparently out in HK already months earlier than expected, it was supposed to be a 3rd quarter release. I'm hoping for some luck w/ Leia!

Nope! The gloves look identical to the Rogue One figure. I sold my ANH Vader for that very reason, and pre-ordered the two-pack. I'm currently Vaderless, but it's worth it. The ANH Vader was honestly my most disappointing Hot Toys figure. I looked into replacing the gloves with parted out gloves from RO Vader, but they go for about $60-70 on Ebay. Not worth it. If you plan on getting Tarkin, sell your ANH Vader and buy the two-pack. No weird gauntlets, no voice activation problems, an LED saber that doesn't require batteries in the arm, a bigger chest piece with rivets, better material for the cape and tunic (IMO) and hopefully, a recessed nose (finally). Also, from the prototype it looks like they're going with the ANH codpiece instead of the bulky RO one. This will be the best AHN Vader by far. It's worth the upgrade.

I won't be selling my ANH Vader, largely because I think there's still room for error on HT's part with the re-release Vader. Of course, there's still the issues with the original ANH Vader, but I'll wait and see...

Yeah, too early to tell at this point. I’m certain though it’ll probably utilize the R1 Vader gloves and the more weathered belt and belt boxes.

Everything else to me with it is sort of wait and see.

He's fine. Guaranteed it's just lighting. We already know the proto is pretty much spot on, the bigger question is will it still carry over to the production sculpt?

I hear that. I wonder what happens that causes a great looking prototype sculpt to become "meh". Like do they have the master sculptor do the prototype and then the 2nd string sculptors try to duplicate prototype for mass quantity? I would think if the prototype is spot on, the final product should be too, you would think the prototype sculpt is scanned and copied for mass production. But who knows!

200.gif

Isn't this one early too? What's with the unusually high amount of early releases lately? Either Hot Toys is getting better at release dates or they're clearing things up for a massive amount of new product. Maybe they ARE going all in on Infinity War as many seem to suspect.

oh boi it is really released at HongKong today :panic:.. both signle Tarkin and that double pack with Vader

gosh this is totally not expected at all...sideshow just charged me second payment this week for that double pack :slap

What's the lag time between Sideshow's shipping dates and Big Bad Toystore's? I have him pre-ordered at BBTS. I think this is the first time getting a HT from BBTS; Sideshow's shipping and CA taxes were killing me!

Damnit... forgot I had to buy this figure.:gah::lol

Maybe I should spend my RP on this guy instead of Luke Jedi or Zuckuss - emergency situation.

I love the headsculpt (and handsculpts) on this guy.

Back