Hot Toys Grand Moff Tarkin

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love the his uniform but I wish the belt buckle was real metal. The painted plastic is alright but not 100% convincing.

yeah, it's a small detail, but would really elevate the outfit.

I hope they get rid of the 3 silver tabs on the belt that are supposed to be eyelet holes for the belt. Strange mistake.

Because of the way Tarkin was lit in a lot of the more famous pics, they do look like metal buttons - so I can see how they got it wrong - but yeah they are actually punched holes to adjust the belt length, so hopefully will be fixed in time.

It likely couldn't be easily fixed by the collector as HT usually glues the tiny buttons on without any hole below (so there will just be a glue residue circle if you pull the button off) - they only punch an actual hole in the 1/6 belt when they do the faux "rivets" on stuff like Luke or ben's saber hooks.

Plastic crack, just a taste.:lol. Led to a lot of bad decisions.

Truth.

Since I have been following this thread I've bought 4 Star Wars 1/6 figs, threw a few more on payments and added a couple PO...This is what I had been avoiding all these years. Oh well, my 1/6 R2 had been lonely long enough.

I hope they get rid of the 3 silver tabs on the belt that are supposed to be eyelet holes for the belt. Strange mistake.

yeah, it's a small detail, but would really elevate the outfit.

Because of the way Tarkin was lit in a lot of the more famous pics, they do look like metal buttons - so I can see how they got it wrong - but yeah they are actually punched holes to adjust the belt length, so hopefully will be fixed in time.

It likely couldn't be easily fixed by the collector as HT usually glues the tiny buttons on without any hole below (so there will just be a glue residue circle if you pull the button off) - they only punch an actual hole in the 1/6 belt when they do the faux "rivets" on stuff like Luke or ben's saber hooks.

Another way might be to paint them black. But if they can be removed easily, we can customize further.

I'm so close to pulling the trigger on the single pack PO, but part of me it whispering, go on, get another Vader...

I'm so close to pulling the trigger on the single pack PO, but part of me it whispering, go on, get another Vader...

Do it

image.jpeg

Haha had to get one last PT quote in. Hurray for the Tarkin pre-order

It's a good deal, and I'd be replacing my ANH Vader if I get this, but it's the 2-pack box that is making me hesitate. I had the same line of thinking with Chewie, knowing there might be a better Chewie at some point--didn't want to get stuck with the larger box taking up space if I decided to upgrade. :lol

I'm getting this "new" Vader too. Originally i was going just for Tarkin, but if i take a look on the price of Tarkin alone and 2-pack, then Vader isn't that expensive. He is for a good price.

Back