Hot Toys Grand Moff Tarkin

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Imperial code cylinders. In SW they were made out of genuine Stephens radiation dosimeters:

View attachment 359017

The blue cap versions were used by most Imperials, including Tarkin:

View attachment 359018

View attachment 359019

The ones without the blue cap are rarer in both real life and SW, being used only by Chief Bast and General Tagge:

View attachment 359020

View attachment 359021

Very cool, but single figure of Tarkin for me. I have my heavily upgraded ANH Vader, no need for another one.

I never knew what those really were until I saw an episode of SW Rebels were the officers used them to access secured doors and records.

Where's Wor-Gar ? He must have blown his load on this reveal of Tarkin with Vader !! Maybe he's still lying on the floor somewhere

Where's Wor-Gar ? He must have blown his load on this reveal of Tarkin with Vader !! Maybe he's still lying on the floor somewhere

I imagine he has this expression on his face right now...
b0a9965325378d930c6388186d274ab1.bmp

Am I the only one who would be happy to drop $199.99 on a bare bones Tarkin?

An extra $35-$50 for a chair I'm not going to use really puts me on a fence for this one.

Am I the only one who would be happy to drop $199.99 on a bare bones Tarkin?

An extra $35-$50 for a chair I'm not going to use really puts me on a fence for this one.

It's been over a year at least since there was a Hot Toys figure at that price. What makes you think Tarkin will return to it? As others said, that chair is adding on money. My first guess is 234.99. Possibly more. No more than 249.99 and they'll get it too cause this is an character lots of collectors want who I don't think they'll make a ton of. I had originally planned on only getting Sith for my star wars villain figures but Tarkin looks so great, I'm gonna have to get him.

All this titty baby whining about the chair, we are extremely lucky they even made him and the chair should be so secondary. Sell the damned thing you can probably make the 20-30 bucks back. Had he not come with the chair and was $189 people would ***** he is $10 bucks more expensive than he should be. If $30 dollars is making a person waffle on these types of figures then, "Son, you are in the wrong hobby."

Don't care about the chair. But might get a Mr. Bean 1/6 figure to put in it

But I like Tarkin a lot, so I might army build Tarkins :D

All this titty baby whining about the chair, we are extremely lucky they even made him and the chair should be so secondary. Sell the damned thing you can probably make the 20-30 bucks back. Had he not come with the chair and was $189 people would ***** he is $10 bucks more expensive than he should be. If $30 dollars is making a person waffle on these types of figures then, "Son, you are in the wrong hobby."

I agree

I doubt the chair adds that much to the price. It's pretty simplistic and his only accessory aside from the standard hands and stand. My guess is $220.

Looks great but Tarkin was never a 1/6 need in my display!! Not a fan change in the base from previous ANH releases. They went the RO way? I feel that HT is cheapening out on the look of bases of late!!

Jesus H.
Granted, I haven’t been on these boards for very long but I have frequented many threads. Every thread I have kept up on, there’s several people complaining on something, whether it’s ‘movie accurate’, character likeness, price points, etc.
I come in here and make what I think is a valid concern and I totally get called out on it? Titty baby whining?! I’m not sure if I should be insulted or what.
The $199.99 price point is a valid argument. The recently released Hot Toys Yoda clocked in at the price with a crap load of accessories. All I’m saying is that they could have had Tarkin with a bare bones version and have the chair as an exclusive bonus if you buy the Tarkin/Vader 2-pack.
I make a complaint once. ONCE! Wow.
This is a fun place to visit despite all of these glass houses and a lovely rock garden.

Back