Hot Toys Grand Moff Tarkin

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I believe at least in terms of rank, Tarkin outranks Vader. Before the Death Star was destroyed, Vader had no official position in the Empire and sometimes Palpatine would place Vader under the command of high ranking Imperials. In the current cannon, after the destruction of the Death Star, the Emperor is pissed at Vader and places him under the command of General Tagge (the one Imperial in ANH who warned Tarkin and Motti that the Rebels were a greater threat than they gave the credit for) for a time being. Eventually before the events of ESB, Vader is upgraded to supreme commander of the Imperial Military which is why in ESB you don't see any Commanders (except Admiral Ozzel) give Vader much additude.

Also Vader I believe had at least a little respect for Tarkin since they fought in the Clone Wars together a few times plus I believe Tarkin was one of the few who knew (or at least suspected) Vader was Anakin Skywalker.

And this is why we need Canon in the SW universe Disney :wave

Do these forums have a TIMG stat? Scrolling past giant images whenever someone decides to quote is annoying.

IKR ..I'll stop

Meda Chlorian source of the Jedi ..nuff said :slap

The OT really mastered the art of establishing scenarios and connections while leaving great mysteries to ponder, the full relationship between Tarkin and Vader being one of them. Once you start spelling everything out it rarely lives up to the imaginings caused by such gaps. As a result I actually had a big back and forth with WWEJedi prior to RO's release where I argued that it was stupid for Disney to try and tell the story of ANH's opening scroll. Good thing he's not around to throw that back in my face, lol.

PT tried way too hard to explain everything... and not only did that take the fun out of things, the explanations were generally bad.

The OT really mastered the art of establishing scenarios and connections while leaving great mysteries to ponder, the full relationship between Tarkin and Vader being one of them. Once you start spelling everything out it rarely lives up to the imaginings caused by such gaps. As a result I actually had a big back and forth with WWEJedi prior to RO's release where I argued that it was stupid for Disney to try and tell the story of ANH's opening scroll. Good thing he's not around to throw that back in my face, lol.

:lol Rogue One still ignited some new mysteries and didn't ruin much if anything from ANH, I'd argue the one main sticking point is the Leia/Vader conversation but that one is obviously subjective and for me seems somewhat minor all things considered. They did a good job of balancing the bureaucracy of the rebellion without it weighing down the film and just letting the movie move more through the characters.

I agree, however Lucas at least for ANH had such a raw concept not to mention a limited budget to make ANH . I'm sure dialogue as well as character development was so basic that is it fair to judge a lot of ANH to the overall franchise of the SW universe.

Especially when you relate RO to ANH.

I think it's time for fans to put ANH in an entire different category in reference to the SW EU as a whole.

:lol Rogue One still ignited some new mysteries and didn't ruin much if anything from ANH, I'd argue the one main sticking point is the Leia/Vader conversation but that one is obviously subjective and for me seems somewhat minor all things considered. They did a good job of balancing the bureaucracy of the rebellion without it weighing down the film and just letting the movie move more through the characters.

Yep, RO did such a masterful job with that I'm almost worried that now Disney will get cocky and decide to make movies about the bounty hunter on Ord Mandell, Bothans finding out about the Emperor visiting the DSII, etc. Quit while you're ahead! :lol

There's not a single character or situation in ANH that is lamer because of RO (except maybe Walrusman but who cares about him, lol) whereas literally everything the PT touched (Anakin, Obi-Wan, Palpatine, Yoda, Boba Fett, the Force, the Droids, Chewie, etc.) became worse on some level, sometimes shockingly worse (especially in the case of Anakin, Fett, and turning the Force into an STD.)

Yep, RO did such a masterful job with that I'm almost worried that now Disney will get cocky and decide to make movies about the bounty hunter on Ord Mandell, Bothans finding out about the Emperor visiting the DSII, etc. Quit while you're ahead! :lol

There's not a single character or situation in ANH that is lamer because of RO (except maybe Walrusman but who cares about him, lol) whereas literally everything the PT touched (Anakin, Obi-Wan, Palpatine, Yoda, Boba Fett, the Force, the Droids, Chewie, etc.) became worse on some level, sometimes shockingly worse (especially in the case of Anakin, Fett, and turning the Force into an STD.)

This is why the Han Solo story is so crucial to the new Disney style of SW after RO.

RO always had a safety net because it was linked to ANH.

Hope Disney doesn't botch it up because other than the Rey saga of SW, HS could be the make or break film in this new era of SW , because it's a fresh concept

And despite RO I still hold to my opinion that telling a Young Han story with another actor is a stupid idea. :lol

Only Indy found the secret of the Holy Grail and it wasn't Youth so how can Harrison portray a young Han :lol

Anyone other than Harrison Ford playing Han is just a guy cosplaying as him.

Yup TFA is a classic example why SW needs a Han Solo in the films despite what Harrison wanted back in ESB.

PT..needed a Han Solo :lecture

TLJ will seem a little empty :(

Yup TFA is a classic example why SW needs a Han Solo in the films despite what Harrison wanted back in ESB.

PT..needed a Han Solo :lecture

TLJ will seem a little empty :(

Yeah, will be interesting. Closest thing we have these days is maybe Pratt but he often plays roles a bit dumber than the Ford flicks from the 80s. Still don't think we've seen any heir apparent to most 80s action stars.

Would a CG Han, if done pretty well, be OK for you?

Even though that stand in for young Leia in RO is beautiful off camera, her lips totally botched Carrie's original voiceover so no..CG is not the answer.

Although RDJ and Michael Douglas seemed to be decent in CG youth rendering..how does Feige do it :dunno

Back