Hot Toys Grand Moff Tarkin

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The only thing that isn't perfect about it is that he looks slightly too concerned IMO, almost like he's resigned to his fate. I think a more calculating "one eyebrow raised" look would have been more becoming to capture in figure form:

grand-moff-tarkin-rogue-one.jpg

I may bite for a version without the chair.

I like accessories but the chair is kinda pointless.

Wow, can't wait to get this one.:clap

Beautiful, but I must say if I get this, definitely folding the sleeves in

Between those hands, the tunic camel toe and those cuffs, they should have just revealed the head on a stick.:lol

But what a glorious figure. The Emperor has been a bit meh so far, but this one has made SDCC.

Wow, did HT do a fantastic job on this. Everything looks so accurate. The sleeves could be futzed a little to lessen the undershirt showing but it's still true to the screen costume to see it. Other than that I don't see any problem with the outfit.

That sculpt is awesome. They even got the lop sided hair right. Sure wish I hadn't of spent money trying to get a custom together now.

IMG_1222.jpg
IMG_1223.JPG

Wow, did HT do a fantastic job on this. Everything looks so accurate. The sleeves could be futzed a little to lessen the undershirt showing but it's still true to the screen costume to see it. Other than that I don't see any problem with the outfit.

That sculpt is awesome. They even got the lop sided hair right. Sure wish I hadn't of spent money trying to get a custom together now.

View attachment 354475
View attachment 354476

Really happy for everyone who's dreamed of owning this figure! I do wonder what a repaint would do to it; the sculpt is terrific, but adding some red to the eyelids and the skin below the eyes, along with a few touch ups, would bring it to life.

View attachment 354475
View attachment 354476

Woah looking at this comparison pic didn't realize the color of the suit is wrong :slap

Color grading can easily account for the appearance change. A famous example is Kirk's shirt on Star Trek was avocado in color but appeared gold on camera/TV. Or the endless Hoth Han blue coat/brown coat debate.

Those hands.........:horror

This figure could use a set of sculpted forearms to achieve his iconic look. Ssc did this with a few of their dead figures. I mean it's not like he needs to hold anything. (Don't say Vader leash either...:wink1:) he could have the chin hand and pointy finger hand, (telling Leia in a way she has a determined the choice of which planet will be destroyed first)
Yes , no, maybe..........:dunno

Color grading can easily account for the appearance change. A famous example is Kirk's shirt on Star Trek was avocado in color but appeared gold on camera/TV. Or the endless Hoth Han blue coat/brown coat debate.

What about his Rank badge...looks like the proto needs to be thicker blocks on his badge :slap

Last edited:
Back