Hot Toys Grand Moff Tarkin

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Really glad they made him. We should cherish this figure.

..until the boots and belt start flaking.

this is why third party custom makers exist!!

I am impressed by two things from that video!

the camera quality from 1956!

The fact that Cushing is taking on scale modeling AND can paint amazingly. at those times hobby stores were niched, finding good stuff was hard i imagine...

yes he would have loved this figured!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tarkin was overlooked for years, and I don't know why. I heard once long ago it was because of the Nazi thing, but that didn't make sense since they actually made Nazis for their short-lived Raiders figures. I remember buying a third party 3 3/34 inch figure to fill the void for years until Hasbro finally made him in their 1997 line. 20 years later.

funny you mentioned that, i had tarkin and krennic figures out, and my mom looks at them and tells me if they are nazi figures and i was like no, star wars, didn?t know it was that bad

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So you're telling me those aren't just fancy space pens... interesting.

The cool thing is that in fact the props used on screen are radiation dosimeters, and they used a couple types during the filming

Imperial Code Cylinders both versions 04.jpg

Tarkin is a superb figure, much better than Sideshow PF. Hopefully we'll get Veers in AT-AT armor some day.

Tarkin was overlooked for years, and I don't know why. I heard once long ago it was because of the Nazi thing, but that didn't make sense since they actually made Nazis for their short-lived Raiders figures. I remember buying a third party 3 3/34 inch figure to fill the void for years until Hasbro finally made him in their 1997 line. 20 years later.

As a kid and young SW fan, Tarkin didn't even register on my radar. Like I knew who he was but he never ever came up in kid discussions or play scenarios and later I think even Gen Rieekan resonated more.:lol

Surprisingly, it was RO that made me like Tarkin and want a 1/6 Tarkin, not the OT.

As a kid and young SW fan, Tarkin didn't even register on my radar. Like I knew who he was but he never ever came up in kid discussions or play scenarios and later I think even Gen Rieekan resonated more.:lol

Surprisingly, it was RO that made me like Tarkin and want a 1/6 Tarkin, not the OT.

Totally agree that Tarkin didn't register with me as kid as a "toy" I needed to play with. He was just the old man with an "incredible stench" wanting the rebels to stay off his lawn. It wasn't until I was older that I appreciated him as a character.

He didn?t really stand out to me as a kid. I was all about the aliens, helmeted troopers and of course Vader with my childhood toy collection. Not until I started collecting (as an adult) early-mid 90s; I was stoked to see the POTF Tarkin on the pegs at KB Toys.

Aside from story function I also think Tarkin has a pretty drab (literally - olive in fact) look for a kid's toy - and no gun, even holstered. That's sacrilege for a bad guy SW toy that isn't robot or alien or in a cool outfit.:lol

That's what Kenner was thinking. "Old dry Brit in grey uniform and no gun vs box-with-legs robot that goes 'gonk-gonk' - yup, we know what the kids will want." :rotfl

They did the DSC but he had a cool helmet and weapon and probably stood in for Tarkin in play for any dweeb-kid Tarkin fans.:monkey3:lecture

I say all this is the owner of TWO HT Tarkin figs. I bet there is no one else on here who has two Tarkins. Am I wrong?:panic::lol

Back