Hot Toys Grand Moff Tarkin

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow -- I've never seen matrix being silly before. I love it.

As much as the 'chin pose' is iconic, I really don't like the way the white sleeves have to come out so much. Hands behind the back for me.

How hard would it be to convert a ANH Vader to an ESB Vader? Is it just the helmet, tunic over the armor, chest box and gloves?

You pretty much covered it with the changes you listed. The shoulder bells would also be different (black for ESB versus 2-color for ANH), but with the cape on you'd never see them anyway. If everything were designed accurately, the belt boxes would be bigger and slightly different on ESB Vader than ANH Vader, but the way HT designed them, they're pretty much already ESB-like anyway.

On a related note, can someone please explain to me why the thread for the ESB Vader figure has been closed. It's probably a reason that'll make me feel dumb for asking, but I'm too curious.

You pretty much covered it with the changes you listed. The shoulder bells would also be different (black for ESB versus 2-color for ANH), but with the cape on you'd never see them anyway. If everything were designed accurately, the belt boxes would be bigger and slightly different on ESB Vader than ANH Vader, but the way HT designed them, they're pretty much already ESB-like anyway.

On a related note, can someone please explain to me why the thread for the ESB Vader figure has been closed. It's probably a reason that'll make me feel dumb for asking, but I'm too curious.

Someone briefly mentioned TLJ in passing and there was a perceived hint of snarkiness,* so it was automatically closed for 24 hours.*

Just like the NSA has internet trigger words like "bomb" and "President," if you type "Rose" or "Rian" in conjunction with a gif of any kind,* it will bring about a similar response. Makes sense.*:dunno

(*sarcasm, joke, not serious)

As much as the 'chin pose' is iconic, I really don't like the way the white sleeves have to come out so much. Hands behind the back for me.

Exactly what I'm planning on doing. Arms behind the back, standing straight. Has to be that way due to the tailoring, unfortunately. The only flaw in an otherwise flawless figure.

I had to roll back a couple of hours, but yeah, the Matrix pix were laugh out loud funny.
Thanks for those Matrix.

Man I am really digging this setup with the Tarkin, Darth Vader set in the ultimate Death Star diorama and Leia even more!!! I AM IN LOVE AND SO HAPPY WITH THIS HOBBY!
fec785b3d4d7021ca55f2c077e8a8192.jpg

Great setup jazz. Your Tarkin is missing the code cylinders though. By the way, it seems the right pocket meant to host those cylinders is a tad too short.

Great setup jazz. Your Tarkin is missing the code cylinders though. By the way, it seems the right pocket meant to host those cylinders is a tad too short.

I know, I just found out about both things!
ae88806bf366aacea124d5a1fbf848d5.jpg

Not much that can be done unless one is ready to remove that jacket and do a lot of un-sewing. Cylinders also tend to leave important marks on the jacket as well. Probably the worst flaw of that figure. jacket material is far to rigid. Great sheen and all but a nightmare to keep neat and pressed.

Back