Hot Toys Giger Alien

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Adding to that, it makes an Alien one of the Predators' most dangerous enemies. Without needing eyes to see, an Alien might be able to 'see' a Predator regardless of cloaking field unless the cloaking field also interferes with an Alien's ability to perseve them. Hmmm...

Based on AVP, the xenomorphs see the Predators regardless of the cloak, one stabs a Predator through the midsection while cloaked so it knew it was there anyway.

Photo Manipulation Mod 1
alienmod1.png

What do you guys think of this?

Yeah... that looks perfect. Consider me aesthetically pleased. :D

The photo manipulation is cool,but isn't the big chap's dome a frosted white/silvery color? And slightly translucent too.

alien1.jpg

If you take Alien 3's interpretation of what the Dog was seeing while running around the tunnels, then they see pretty much like we do, but can also see through Pred cloak (unless the one in AVP just recognized the cloak shimmer the way we could).

If you take Alien 3's interpretation of what the Dog was seeing while running around the tunnels, then they see pretty much like we do, but can also see through Pred cloak (unless the one in AVP just recognized the cloak shimmer the way we could).

I don't think that's what the alien actually saw in Alien3. I think that was the director's way of engaging the audience.
How else would he have conveyed what the alien "saw". It's on the screen, so it has to be either heard or visible.

If the alien sensed pressure, how would someone convey that to the audience?
Hope you understand what I mean.

The photo manipulation is cool,but isn't the big chap's dome a frosted white/silvery color? And slightly translucent too.

alien1.jpg

Depends which scene you look at and how it was lit, but generally yeah. That's just a lot harder for simple folk like me to instantly replicate on a computer though! ;)

Personally, I'd prefer a white/milky fogging of the dome, something about black doesn't seem right.

Great job there Devil_666..I do prefer the dome to be filled with bong smoke like the film

I'll try to do up a few with the milky white/fogged look so everyone can peep those. And anyone who wants to use these to send to HT or whatever, feel free.

I think medicoms is better to be honest :dunno

Me too actually in terms of being from ALIEN but... it wouldn't be in scale with Kane and Dallas and thats the main reason I wanted another alien close to 1/6 scale so I'm hoping hot toys fix the problems.

Devil, I hope you send your pictures to HT and also the changes needed. Good job!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back