Hot Toys Giger Alien

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
With the skull the way it is, it looks like it "birthed" from a Grey alien from a UFO somewhere.

greyalien.jpg

Just remember...that paint scheme sure isn't what we're gonna get from the factory.

I'll bet we won't see those cool "rusty" bits that we see here.

It'll be brown...just brown.

If this IS the Alien, then maybe HT will offer a later version (blister) that captures the film's look -- this "brown" version and a later "black green" version -- like they did with the "blue" and "brown" Aliens Alien, or the BD Endo after the clean version.

Yeah I will be picking this up w/my SS points. Well the "pefect organism" isn't perfect. But atleast we will be getting this one guys. Hmmm 1st quarter 2010?

And what about the articulation? the legs are different from the previous alien figures. I wonder if this fig would have the same articulation/posability like his smaller cousin the Medi-Alien? :dunno

I cant believe the Kubrick Alien is more faithful to Giger's version than Hot Toys :monkey2

well I should really have at least one Alien in my collection.... so I guess it might as well be this one :)

I can't get over how badly they screwed up the eye sockets of the scull.
WAAAAAAAY too much artistic interpretation going on here.

That and the teeth are way too small.

Seems to me like they used the same skull from the bust.

Last edited:
This is hands down the worst Alien figure ever made imo. Worse then Kenner, worse then McF, worse then Medicom, and way worse then NECA. Good lord. I have never been this pissed at a damn toy before.....but cripes.

Holy ^^^^!
Seems like people are really hating this one...
I'm a bit disappointed but I'll get this one for sure... :rock

Well, it's because we Alien fans expected the same respect from Hot Toys that the Predator fans received.

They wanted as screen accurate as possible...they got it.

Hot Toys decided to shlt all over the Alien fans desire for accuracy.

Hey...can someone take some of those bigger clearer pics and Photoshop the eyesockets to be smaller?
Don't move them...just make them smaller.

Last edited:
You guys need to start e-mailing/posting on HT's facebook page or whatever and let them know what you don't like about the figure. It seems like it's some minor things too.. which makes it more likely they could fix them. Skull eye holes and the mouth/teeth right?

You guys need to start e-mailing/posting on HT's facebook page or whatever and let them know what you don't like about the figure. It seems like it's some minor things too.. which makes it more likely they could fix them. Skull eye holes and the mouth/teeth right?

Mainly those...yes.

I'd also like to see the hands done right. Four fingers/two thumbs on each hand.

Message them about it. Normally I wouldn't even suggest it.. but HT seems to listen. They fixed the TDK Batman, They say they're in the process of fixing the DX Joker, Fixed the T:S Marcus Wright sculpt, etc. and ALL those changes/fixes were the result of consumer feedback. And like I said.. the fixes everyone in here is talking about isn't drastic. They're very minor and could easily be fixed IF HT is aware there's a problem. It can't hurt.. and it could result in you guys getting what you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back