Hot Toys Giger Alien

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The "skull eyes" underneath the dome look oddly shaped.

Not bad, but the 'face' is weird. The eye sockets seem too expressive, he's got one hell of an underbight, and I wish the mouth would close all the way, but the body is very impressive. Can't wait to see it in person at SDCC (hopefully). Not perfection, but pound for pound, the best one yet. I wonder how tall it really is.

He's got the same "angry eyes" as the Bust they put out. Note to Hot Toys = Skulls dont get "angry"...

And brown!? :huh He was never brown (or even lit brown) in the movie... :confused:

Oh I'm not an expert either and I'm too lazy to go looking for pictures. But the way they have the mouth does not look like the film creature's mouth in any state. Obviously they can't put in drool but I think it should surely be possible to at least capture one 'look' of the mouth from the film. Whereas what we've got here is really quite generic...probably not helped by their insistence on the inner jaw feature.

Its not as bad as the dog alien's face though..piranha alien more like.

A different paint scheme, which included a "cloudy" dome to hide the eye sockets (the main thing that bothers me) would be enough to satisfy me...

I'm not an Alien expert by any means but the paint apps (not necessarily the colors) look fantastic.

Definitely getting this one.

He's got the same "angry eyes" as the Bust they put out. Note to Hot Toys = Skulls dont get "angry"...

And brown!? :huh He was never brown (or even lit brown) in the movie... :confused:

I'm not an Alien expert, but I did notice these two things.

Time to look for photos of props...

This should be the stunt man suit:
brettaf1.jpg

Sculpture lying around in Giger's garden:
alientorso.jpg

I think this is Rambaldi's hero head:
alien1.jpg

Movie still or screen cap:
3473367fp54ot2329426328XROQDF23234-.jpg

Statue in Giger's museum in Switzerland:
0025.jpg

Another one of the statue:
0008.jpg

While the figure looks too fully brown in the photo, I also saw shots of the Predator from the same post and having the figure in hand, I know the color in the photos isn't right for that figure, very orange and brown looking overall compared to the actual figure, so hopefully with tha Alien it's just the tungsten lighting at the show and the camera quality enhancing the browns in it, but the original Alien does have brown tones in it from what I've seen.

original_1979_alien.jpg

Although I like the brown color scheme the most, I prefer the original Giger Alien in black.

The body sculpt looks fantastic but the head could be improved to be more accurate. If it's a question of working the extending tongue gimmick into the sculpt, I'd prefer HT to take the Predator interchangeable mouth pieces route. It also wouldn't need the soft rubber flesh that I fear would lose it's elasticity or even tear over time.

Last edited:
Body good....Head bad...My search for the perfect Giger figure continues.

Looks great, except for the mouth, but it could be the angle, the lighting, who knows....Im looking forward to some more pics. Definitely will be getting this though.

Maybe sideshow will sell it with an exclusive egg and face hugger (not the one used with dallas an kane, completely redone egg).......one can hope

I gotta believe the HT Alien that will ultimately be revealed will be a much closer approximation of Giger's horror.

Never seen HT drop quite such a big ball... of course, with ALIEN, they did do the Freddy Mercury Kane.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back