1/6 Hot Toys: Ellen Ripley - Aliens (with Power Loader!)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would recommend the NECA Powerloader and Alien Queen to anyone who wants that on their shelves - even to those who don't normally collect that scale. And especially since it seems to be a forlorn hope that you'll ever have it from Hot Toys.

To me the figure would look plenty cool just like this. No need for a Power Loader or Newt or an Alien Queen.

hgjkll;;'.JPG

^ I was with you all the way until you said no need for an alien Queen. To that.... I am forced to say you shut your filthy mouth!

I guess since Alien Ripley is a fig with a gun thingie they prob didnt want to repeat that for the Aliens one.

I would recommend the NECA Powerloader and Alien Queen to anyone who wants that on their shelves - even to those who don't normally collect that scale. And especially since it seems to be a forlorn hope that you'll ever have it from Hot Toys.

Excellent recommendation. They are both superbly executed renditions from NECA and the display space requirements is doable as well. The PL needs to have the aliens Ripley as well...

Updated my Power Loader with the new body and sculpt from the new Ripley figure. The key item obviously the head sculpt. I found that the new Ripley sculpt had several layers of the vinyl hair, which I was able to remove about "4" sections, leaving the main outer section, which is fortunately about the same length as Ripley's hair in "Aliens". There's a slight spacing issue between the hair that's left and the skull, due to the removal of the other hair sections, but it's not really too noticeable once she's in the PL. I'll probably work on it further to bring in the hair closer to the head sculpt.

Here's a couple of pics showing the update. I still need to attach the hoses to PL.

Ripley Power Loader 2.jpg

Ripley Power Loader 3.jpg

Ripley Power Loader 4.jpg

Already a big improvement over the original. Just needs a little weathering / battle damage on her face and T-shirt to complete the look. I wanted to put a seamless body on my PL Ripley, but the stiffness of the arm joints would have made moving the PL arms difficult. I would definitely change her hands, as she never ever wore gloves at any time in the movie.

Thanks for the tips, Marine Boy!

I picked up a pair of extra hands as well, so will swap them out. I never noticed the issue with the gloved hands. I assumed she wore them in that scene.

I thought about picking up a seamless body as well, as those elbow joints bug me, especially now with the better head sculpt.

Weathering is definitely in my plans, as well.

Thanks again!

Other things you could do: paint the straps on the boots dark grey and fill in the ridges on the back part of the boots. The real ones are smooth. I managed to get 2 pairs last year as well as Bishop's shorter ones.

reebok-alien-stomper-30th-anniversary-5-323x215.jpg

Wow! What Alien Queen is that? I know there was a resin kit in 1/6 many years ago, but it was very limited and i never ever saw one for sale.

Nice mods on Ripley, but i would find some new hands for her. She never, ever wore gloves like that. Bizarre why HT chose them. I've got 3 of the new heads on order, so am going to transfer the sculpted hair on the old heads onto 2 of them. Undecided if i will replace the one on my Alien Ripley or not.

Re: Power Loader and Ripley version 2?

Currently working with 20th Century/Disney on something for the 35th anniversary of Aliens next year and that hit me thinking - what if Hot Toys releases the Powerloader 2.0 for the anniversary? I know it probably won?t happen, but fingers crossed. With how often they showed that prototype off I?d hope they?d mass produce.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That would be absolutely incredible! They bought the proto to SDCC so many years in a row, and sidehow still has the RSVP up so theres gotta be some hope!

Back