Hot Toys DX24 & DX25 Bespin Luke Skywalker (Regular and Exclusive versions)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You want to commemorate this? :yuck
View attachment 658624
Watch it. :dunno It's consistently listed in the top ten Muppets episodes of all time (there's 120.) It's up there with the Elton John, Harry Belafonte and Steve Martin classic eps. Hamill is sooo much fun in it, playing both himself and Luke (as "cousins.")

It's an ep also known for being prescient - the Luke and Leia (Miss Piggy) kiss, Gonzo as Vader with a soon-to-be-revealed major identity secret in "the next episode" (the ep aired 3 months before ESB came out), and the final number clearly/eerily foreshadows both Muppets and SW becoming Disney properties (decades later.)

It's also a direct connection given Luke interacts with a muppet in the key scenes of ESB (Oz performed Miss Piggy and Yoda over the same months in 1979), and the Muppets visit to the ESB Dagobah set was one of the most reported moments of the filming of ESB, and the two productions were filmed almost across the road from each other - at roughly the same time.

What's weird is that blaster Luke uses in the Muppets ep (known as the Muppet Show blaster) is unique and only appears onscreen in ESB in one scene - when Luke first arrives on Dagobah... ironically where he meets "Muppet cousin" Yoda.

Importantly, it was also the first time Luke's Bespin outfit fully appeared onscreen (like where you see a ton of it) following the Fall 1979 teaser where it's shown in a few quick shots. So this Muppets ep was the first "full/up-close reveal" of both the costume and Luke's new Han-style blaster/holster. Which was :horror as a kid.

So... 1000% yes, I totally want to commemorate this. Why wouldn't you want to - it's a SW classic. I I'll post some pics once I'm done.

Last edited:
Dumb question, but how do you use that tool to move the eyeballs? The instructions indicate putting the longer end of the tool into the socket, but that's impossible. Tried the other end, but it didn't seem to fit and I didn't want to force it

Watch it. :dunno It's consistently listed in the top ten Muppets episodes of all time (there's 120.) It's up there with the Elton John, Harry Belafonte and Steve Martin classic eps. Hamill is sooo much fun in it, playing both himself and Luke (as "cousins.")

It's an ep also known for being prescient - the Luke and Leia (Miss Piggy) kiss, Gonzo as Vader with a soon-to-be-revealed major identity secret in "the next episode" (the ep aired 3 months before ESB came out), and the final number clearly/eerily foreshadows both Muppets and SW becoming Disney properties (decades later.)

It's also a direct connection given Luke interacts with a muppet in the key scenes of ESB (Oz performed Miss Piggy and Yoda over the same months in 1979), and the Muppets visit to the ESB Dagobah set was one of the most reported moments of the filming of ESB, and the two productions were filmed almost across the road from each other - at roughly the same time.

What's weird is that blaster Luke uses in the Muppets ep (known as the Muppet Show blaster) is unique and only appears onscreen in ESB in one scene - when Luke first arrives on Dagobah... ironically where he meets "Muppet cousin" Yoda.

Importantly, it was also the first time Luke's Bespin outfit fully appeared onscreen (like where you see a ton of it) following the Fall 1979 teaser where it's shown in a few quick shots. So this Muppets ep was the first "full/up-close reveal" of both the costume and Luke's new Han-style blaster/holster. Which was :horror as a kid.

So... 1000% yes, I totally want to commemorate this. Why wouldn't you want to - it's a SW classic. I I'll post some pics once I'm done.
It was all before my time so I guess having never seen that or really any Muppet episode (only saw the original movie more recently) I lump the Hamill appearance unfairly into the bucket of non-SW Star Wars akin to the Christmas special. :lol The Oz connection is of course interesting and I'm sure it's more fun than the Christmas special, which seems more like the characters/actors were being tortured by George Lucas.

IIRC, you have a lot of Luke figures so I could understand where you're coming from, maybe @jedijim3002 has plans as well?

I vacillate between having one Luke to rule them all (was displaying only the Snowspeeder Luke for a while until Bespin Luke showed up) but I have a difficult time passing on a really well-made figure like this Bespin one with the great head sculpt. Had to see it in person and quickly saw how it transformed my previously boxed up ROTJ Luke. I picked up the Mando Luke sculpt and now have the three Lukes on display, and even purchased a spare ROTJ body/clothes for either an Endor or poster/Jabba's palace Luke.

As for the Bespin Luke, at most I'm expecting to really have just one so a somewhat weathered version as a standard Bespin arrival kind of outfit would be ideal. At least it could then pull off Vader battle somewhat even without all the tears too.

It was all before my time so I guess having never seen that or really any Muppet episode (only saw the original movie more recently) I lump the Hamill appearance unfairly into the bucket of non-SW Star Wars akin to the Christmas special. :lol The Oz connection is of course interesting and I'm sure it's more fun than the Christmas special, which seems more like the characters/actors were being tortured by George Lucas.

IIRC, you have a lot of Luke figures so I could understand where you're coming from, maybe @jedijim3002 has plans as well?

I vacillate between having one Luke to rule them all (was displaying only the Snowspeeder Luke for a while until Bespin Luke showed up) but I have a difficult time passing on a really well-made figure like this Bespin one with the great head sculpt. Had to see it in person and quickly saw how it transformed my previously boxed up ROTJ Luke. I picked up the Mando Luke sculpt and now have the three Lukes on display, and even purchased a spare ROTJ body/clothes for either an Endor or poster/Jabba's palace Luke.

As for the Bespin Luke, at most I'm expecting to really have just one so a somewhat weathered version as a standard Bespin arrival kind of outfit would be ideal. At least it could then pull off Vader battle somewhat even without all the tears too.
I have no plans for a muppet show display but am eager to see that set up. I do have some holiday special stuff as my favorite look for Fett next to Empire is Animated Fett. Have him standing next to a custom Yavin Ceremony Luke as that’s how he appeared in the Holiday Special cartoon.

I have no plans for a muppet show display but am eager to see that set up. I do have some holiday special stuff as my favorite look for Fett next to Empire is Animated Fett. Have him standing next to a custom Yavin Ceremony Luke as that’s how he appeared in the Holiday Special cartoon.
Yeah though most of the special is indeed as meh-to-boring as its reputation suggests, beyond the cartoon I do kinda like the cantina sections of the SWHS. It has a lot of interesting iterations of the classic creatures, is pretty well shot (only section shot by the original director, filmed more like a movie than TV like the rest of the special is filmed) and its surreal Bea Arthur fun.

My Muppet Show set up is just Luke with blaster on 1/6 Kermit - but its going next to a more significant SWHS display: basically a complete 1/6 re-creation of the Kenner Snaggletooth artwork. Which is the end of the bar/wall from the SWHS with a Snaggletooth sitting on the barstool.

It's my '78-80 SW mood shelf that includes a 12" '78 Cylon (because let's face it, BS78 was basically SW on TV and even GL and his lawyers agreed :lol .)

I haven't seen this covered but the product description says the base is battery powered. Is it a rechargeable deal or is that a mistake? My manual is boxed up and the one on SS's page is totally illegible.

I had it plugged in all day finally after purchasing a cable, but then the lights immediately stopped working when I removed the cable (only bought a 1-foot cable thinking I would just charge from my computer).

From Sideshow:
  • One (1) specially designed carbon-freezing chamber themed base with character name and LED light-up function (orange light, battery operated)

* Light-up function for the collectible base can be operated by USB power.

-SERS tool, I always the short end (L) shaped side to move each eye. First time takes a little more pressure.
-Base can only be powered via USB-C cable to my knowledge. No place to put in separate batteries for power.

Wait, so the base doesn't work? Does HT NOT supply a cable? I've read a lot of issues with these USB powered bases but I've never owned one so I have no understanding how un-user-friendly it is other than the ridiculously short wire.

Wait, so the base doesn't work? Does HT NOT supply a cable? I've read a lot of issues with these USB powered bases but I've never owned one so I have no understanding how un-user-friendly it is other than the ridiculously short wire.
No cable and the description says battery powered (which could have meant built-in rechargeable or AA/AAA) but seems like it needs to always be plugged in to USB.

I'd have to buy a longer one (potentially much longer if I want on a lower shelf) to work in my detolf display but not sure it really seems worth it. Too bad as it looks great.

Does your base still work? Obviously there's no power storage in the base.
Still works fine when plugged in. Was just hoping to charge it, turn it on once in a while, and then recharge as needed.

Since the figure is new, I'm tempted to get a cable long enough to work with the top couple of shelves and have it go on with the LED display lights. But the detolf it's in I believe has only a tiny opening up top where my wires go through (size of a pea and no room for any other wires without drilling).

I just got Luke today from SS this is the coolest figure I've gotten. Very happy with him. Also I was thinking of selling mando luke but now I won't because putting them side by side makes them stand out. Mando Luke is the older and wiser version where this is young and inexperienced version.

Many trash the xmas special, but for a variety show 1 off, its pretty fun. Its not as coherent as the OT though so you have to allow for some goofiness bust after the prequels, sequels, and spinoffs, the xmas special is pretty good.

Not seeing the muppet show is a shame, it was way better than the films I've seen. I still wish they made it but it wouldnt be the same.

By the way, 1 of my bosses is a dead ringer for the captain in the 'pigs in space' skit. I have to try to contain my laughter when I see him.

Back