Hot Toys DX24 & DX25 Bespin Luke Skywalker (Regular and Exclusive versions)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I see most people seem to either be passing altogether or getting the standard version. The deluxe is overpriced for sure but I just ordered it with a $20 coupon. I have the DX07 but not the exclusive and it's always kinda irritated me that I don't have the creepy Luke/Vader head.

All that said if this were a true DX set it should have the backpack, a set of seamless arms and a base that allows Luke to do his handstand.
That would require effort and for them to give a ****. You can have a fancy cardboard box instead.

About time they released this.....
Just in time for ESB's 40th Anniversary!! :yess:

Oh, wait...... :lol Funny thing is it won't even be out and shipping till after the ROTJ 40th Anniv is over.

Looks pretty good, but this isn't a figure I need. I only need 1 Luke, and that will always be his Jedi version.

I have a DX07 from back in the day with all the accessories. It is a shame that this new one does not come with the severed hand or weather vane--but the sculpt/likeness and better outfit have me tempted to double dip--can't get enough Luke! Also signals to us that Snowspeeder Luke is right around the corner (I hope!)

So would anyone want to see them update the Snowspeeder sculpt to this one now? I'm a bit undecided myself. I think the ROTJ sculpt works perfectly well on that one, and I like that it has at least some kind of expression. But at the same time the new sculpt does do a better job of capturing his look in ESB...

So would anyone want to see them update the Snowspeeder sculpt to this one now? I'm a bit undecided myself. I think the ROTJ sculpt works perfectly well on that one, and I like that it has at least some kind of expression. But at the same time the new sculpt does seem more specific to his look in ESB...
I think from a cost standpoint, the hair is going to be the key. They are okay mass producing the same Luke (or essence of Luke be it Mando/ESB/ROTJ time period)--but leaving it to the hair/costume to determine at what point in time the figure is from. In this case it still works for me--definitely more than the likeness on the DX07 clean sculpt, the bloody one is better. A new snow speeder sculpt would be nice, but sadly it probably won't happen.

Despite it being an OT figure, which would normally be an instant order from me, I'm not making any PO's from Hot Toys at this time.

I agree. But a huge portion of the established collector community already has the DX07 and, as you can tell by the posts here, many are keeping their old figure and not POing with a wait-and-see attitude toward this release.

Also, I can't believe we're not even at 10 pages of discussion yet and its been over 12 hours. For Luke Bespin. The Luke that fought Vader.

I think part of the lack of discussion is there was a thread already for the proto that had a lot of discussion, and also this site is less popular for newer collectors than FB I think.

I dont know why people like that pay $300 for a figure. If their standards are so low (not being specific to this figure) why dont they just buy hasbros and stuff?

I really think some of you guys are blowing Hot Toys' efforts out of proportion. Yeah I wouldn't like to pay $300, but that's what it costs now apparently. Hasbro's stuff is not even remotely close if you want a high quality representation of these characters.

I think part of the lack of discussion is there was a thread already for the proto that had a lot of discussion, and also this site is less popular for newer collectors than FB I think.

Oh, definitely the new generation is on FB. I was talking strictly about this old hive of scum and villainy here only.

The wow factor comes when you look at the price.

Good one

5CA8A553-2A0C-4D18-90C1-5D84FCF8867E.gif

DX25 and DX 24 -- which is which? And why doesn't HT put that in their advertising anymore? It's just DX series. Lazy effort in the "DX series" figures displayed by the laziness to change the cards.

I’ve noticed that HT seems to be watering down the whole “DX” meaning lately. Lately a lot of stuff seems to be “DX,” and they’ll create two separate versions: one regular and one deluxe. I thought the point was to include it all in one set, hence the meaning of DX? A once in awhile package that offers a bit more than the regular standard releases.

Skip the deluxe. Coco (Adam) will make a more impressive stand anyway. The Vader head--ho hum....

I went with the standard because you know that they're gonna release the battle damaged version as a con exclusive, probably with the piece Luke stands on before he jumps with the deluxe version.

I thought the point was to include it all in one set, hence the meaning of DX?
Yep, that was my understanding... and I believe their original intention. Not sure what DX means anymore. Just ''moving eyes'' at the moment.

DX = Deluxe but eXcluding most of the stuff it should come with for twice the price. :D

New 1/6 Dagobah (stunt) blaster instead of the Bespin verison which came with the original DX release. Interesting..

Likeness is a significant improvement over other attempts by HT. Wonder if they will change the snowspeeder HS to use this one.

Doubtful. That would make the Snowspeeder a DX and they're not going to change it to one of those now.

Back