Hot Toys- DX14- Mime version Joker... didn't see this coming!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is Difabio not a Burton Batman obsessive? I'm thinking he'll have a completist need to own this one.

This one is a test for me and my resolve to have just singular representations of certain characters outside of Terminator. In fact what am I saying, recently I considered selling my 89 Joker and now here I am looking at this one and drooling somewhat. Dammit.

This came out of nowhere, and, frankly, I want it. Holy **** do I want it. Thank you, Hot Toys, for giving Iron Man a break.

This ia an easy pass. Waiting for Enterbay's T-1000 and Rocky, because HT don't give a **** about anything non comic related lately.

Uh... ok.

Damnit, I have every DX so far... don't want this but probably will "have" to get.

Don't buy it if you don't want it. Completism is expensive.

dx01 cop joker had 4 seconds of screen time. hard to gauge what people go gaga for.

Apples and oranges. The DX01 cop was an additional outfit with an additional headsculpt and accessories. It was just an extra body short of being a 2-in-1 figure, a great value for it's original retail price.

I understand retail prices creep up, so of course I expect this to go for more than DX01's retail price, but for what you get the value doesn't even compare.

I do hope this settles the whole "did the 89 Batman Hot toys sell well?" argument. I doubt HT would do this version unless DX08/ DX09 sold like hotcakes...

Sallah

DX09 Batman sold very well, in fact sold out at retail many places while DX08 Joker was still available at retail for a while. Several have commented that Jack Joker can still be had at retail prices and even less.

Based on sales, a properly battle-damaged 89 Batman release (with a damaged suit, not just faceplate) would have made more sense than releasing a variant Joker. But even battle-damaged Bats is not really needed...but he certainly had more screen time than Mime Joker.

The DX01 cop was an additional outfit with an additional headsculpt and accessories. It was just an extra body short of being a 2-in-1 figure, a great value for it's original retail price.

to be honest, i bought the dx01 for the cop (for which i was totally gaga), not the other guy. the 2.0 was already announced, so i didn't really care about the painted version, but i was still willing to pay stupid money to get one that hadn't been grubbed on by anybody before me.

i get what you're saying about value, etc., i'm just talking about appeal and a fan's willingness to leap off a cliff for something regardless of the price or screen time or whatever.

: D

I like the figure alot. However, I just sold my 89 bats and jack to help fund others. I will pass on this. Not as iconic a look as the first Jack release. The museum look should have been next.

This is all just hilarious though. No one was expecting this and they make it, yet lots of people are expecting tons of overdue figures... and nothing :lol :lol

Even 89 fans are saying WTF :lol

To top it off it's a DX that only comes with some identical Quills and will probably cost $280+

:rotfl :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl

_______

Figure looks great though, for about $150 considering what it comes with
I must say I do agree to an extent. :lol

..& where's DiFabio??? :horror

i have seen 1989 batman 100 times and that joker doesn't even register a hint of nostalgia

easy pass

HI-RES pg 16 post #157

up_1.jpg

up_2.jpg

up_3.jpg

up_4.jpg

up_5.jpg

up_6.jpg

up_7.jpg

up_8.jpg

up_9.jpg

up_10.jpg

Yep, there sure is a lot of part reuse on this one. I know there's money to be saved in reusing molds, but there is probably money to be saved in reusing tailoring specs too.

I never thought I'd pass on a '89 Batman figure, but if HT expects me to buy a new Nicholson Joker, it's got to be worthy of replacing my current one with an iconic look and more accessories (I'm thinking specifically about painted/unpainted face, or Jack Napier sculpt) or under $200 for an alternate costume version.

Back