Hot Toys- DX14- Mime version Joker... didn't see this coming!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Like I said, I am 99% sure they used the Hot Toys figure for the promo pics, so I can't guarantee what the final product will be like.
I do own the Mars Toys Heisenberg sculpt/clothing set - which is very good.

Not a chance Hot Toys re-releases this Mime Joker ever again, I would honestly be very shocked if they ever reissued the normal DX08 Joker.
The secondary market or the 3rd party recast I mentioned are the only ways I can honestly see anyone owning this Mime Joker.
Yeah thats exactly my reasoning too. Im a huge Batman 1989 fan too just did not know what was the general perception about this figure as there is not much out there about it plus it is 7 year old figure. So I guess I just wanted to know if as a figure is worth having or the Joker DX08 is the ultimate to have.

Make no mistake, the DX08 is still the definitive '89 Joker - but the Mime Joker is also really wonderful.

The fact that it is one of only 4 official Burton-era Hot Toys figures is another thing that goes in its favour - there's so few you ''might aswell'' get 'em all.

I have him boxed up for the time being but I posed him with a Tommy gun for awhile. Sort of a "what if" imagination setup. I also had him on a Batman Returns base. I'm going to have to dig him back out soon..

Seeing you're a huge 89 fan I'd go for it IMBATMAN.

Yeah you guys make total sense. There are only four Tim Burton's era Batman collectibles and the only licensed collectibles with Jack Nicholson's likeness. And I do agree that the headsculpt does look fantastic. I guess for some reason the figure was not as popular as DX08 and I could not find much recent discussions about it or any reviews. Even on the FB groups not much sales have been done with this guy. So wanted to ask and see if is worth having it for $400 (New) and for all the above reasons I think it is. Now the price is a bit high from what I have read this guys sells for but I have also seen him for a lot higher on eBay and some other sites so I think I will pull the trigger and add him to the collection.

Just got one of these and the nose is slightly yellow any tips for cleaning it without taking any paint off?

Seems that the info stayed under radar but recently cyber-x offered a recast of the Hot Toys, like Mars with the regular DX08.

EBF8E071-F4E0-4795-BBA6-9D5095DB8F5F.jpeg

I have the DX14 and it is one of my favourite figures.

It was even more impressive back in 2014, but is still a superb 1/6 collectible.

Got the DX14 and this figure is amazing. Loving that head sculpt and the big diorama base.

Attachments

• Mime01.jpg
    Mime01.jpg
    5.2 MB · Views: 0
  • Mime02.jpg
    Mime02.jpg
    5.3 MB · Views: 0
Back