Hot Toys DX09 - BATMAN - Batman (Michael Keaton) - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
? It isn't about being strict... It is about creating an experience with my kids, building momentum and creating a memory out of a 24-year-old movie- So that years from now, when he is an adult with his own family, he'll look at that film and remember the years we spent together talking about and building it up, the road leading up to it, etc. I can't think of a better way to share something that meant so much to me growing up than to make it into an experience for him growing up. All those other DVD's he watched throughout his childhood? Sure, he might remember them fondly because they were good, fun films... But Batman? Hopefully, he'll remember the experience more than anything and think fondly of his ol' Dad, even after I'm gone.

And as I said in the video, I felt like 11 was a really great age for it: Old enough to understand more than just what was on the surface, but young enough to see it through the imagination of a kid. He understands the psychological divide of Bruce Wayne/ Batman... but can still reenact the movie with his toys later.

And yes, he is going to watch "Returns" soon... Probably in a week or two. But again, it is something we'll do together as an experience between father and son.

Sallah

Oh I was just joking when I said strict. What I meant was I could not imagine going the first 11 years of my life not seeing that movie!

I know this is off-topic, but I figure some fellow Burton Bat-fans in this thread might get a kick out of it...

After waiting almost 11 years to show it to him, my oldest son Blaze finally got to watch the 1989 Batman film yesterday! I have been building up the excitement for this viewing literally since he was born in the hopes of making an event out of this 24-year-old film... just like it was for me at age 11 way back in '89! The video in the linked post at my blog shows his reaction to the surprise viewing, my reasons for waiting him to be this age, and his initial thoughts after viewing it. Enjoy!

Showing My Son Blaze The 1989 Batman Film For The First Time...

Sallah

That's awesome, man! I remember you talking about it in the HT reviews. Something tells me he has a newfound appreciation for the DX 08 and DX 09, respectively.:lol It's just a shame that AMC theaters don't show their classic movies everywhere, as, apparently, they had an 89/Returns double feature in Pittsburgh yesterday, according to DiFabio. Seeing it on the big screen might've been even cooler!

Damn you're a strict dad! I watched batman and returns a thousand times before I turned 7. I just watched them both again yesterday, let the kid watch returns!!

Right? I was born in 1990 so The movie had already been out for awhile, but my parents bought me so much Batman toys. And when Returns came around I was aleady a huge fan at a young age. I was Batman for Halloween 3 years in a row. :lol

rmx5.jpg

That's awesome, man! I remember you talking about it in the HT reviews. Something tells me he has a newfound appreciation for the DX 08 and DX 09, respectively.:lol It's just a shame that AMC theaters don't show their classic movies everywhere, as, apparently, they had an 89/Returns double feature in Pittsburgh yesterday, according to DiFabio. Seeing it on the big screen might've been even cooler!

Yeah, it has been a long time coming... :)

I was really hoping a local theater might have a showing. I have been checking for months, but no luck. Our theater basement set-up is pretty nice though, so even without the gi-normous screen, it was still a lot of fun. And hey- If a showing ever crops up, we can always watch it again now that the initial screening is done. :yess:

Sallah

Right? I was born in 1990 so The movie had already been out for awhile, but my parents bought me so much Batman toys. And when Returns came around I was aleady a huge fan at a young age. I was Batman for Halloween 3 years in a row. :lol

rmx5.jpg

I grew up with batman returns and saw it when it came in 1992, but I didn't see the first batman until years later, even so my parents took me to the movie premiere June in 1989 when I must have been five or so.

I am thinking just like your parents, I am already saving my up my Lego Batman Super Heroes collection towards them and since they are twins they are going to have to share... hahaha wow that's goign to be tough...

But It is going to be tricky to introduce them to the movies I like, since the majority are horror films so we will see...

abxUDf71.jpg
addo9llZ.jpg

Last edited:
I grew up with batman returns and saw it when it came in 1992, but I didn't see the first batman until years later, even so my parents took me to the movie premiere June in 1989 when I must have been five or so.

I am thinking just like your parents, I am already saving my up my Lego Batman Super Heroes collection towards them and since they are twins they are going to have to share... hahaha wow that's goign to be tough...

But It is going to be tricky to introduce them to the movies I like, since the majority are horror films so we will see...

That's awesome man. :hi5:
I was introduced to Halloween and Michael Myers at a young age thanks to my mother watching it every Halloween night. Its now a tradition. :D

Yeah, it has been a long time coming... :)

I was really hoping a local theater might have a showing. I have been checking for months, but no luck. Our theater basement set-up is pretty nice though, so even without the gi-normous screen, it was still a lot of fun. And hey- If a showing ever crops up, we can always watch it again now that the initial screening is done. :yess:

Sallah

Yeah, it seems like it would still "complete the circle" so to speak. I think the film still holds up well. I'm one of the people who loves everything about it, Prince and all.:lol

I was 5 when Batman came out. My mom took me to see it. That Halloween I was the only Joker in the entire neighborhood, everyone else was Batman. I looked great! My mom went out to thrift store and pieced together an outfit that she dyed and stitched,she painted my face wonderfully. There were all these kids in plastic Batman costumes and I had this painted face and a dyed suit. Other kids were scared of me. :lol I wish to God I still had a picture of it but it went up with the fire when my house burned in 08. :(

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

His face when you say it's time for Batman...

Great surprise Sallah :yess:

That face made the years of building this up all worth it. :)

Like I said in the video, it was WAY more emotional than I could have foreseen. I was definitely tearing up when the movie started up, looking at the joy on his face... I could see myself way back in 1989 doing the exact same thing. I can honestly say I have never seen that face on him for any other movie, even current ones. It truly became an experience.

Sallah

"Today's the day dude"

Haha that was so cool to see. I remember growing up my dad and I used to have what we would call "shoot em up" movie nights where he would shown me such classics as commando, terminator, robocop etc. and I'm pretty sure I was about the same age as blaze. Some of the best times of my childhood. Thank you so much for sharing this with us!

I know this is off-topic, but I figure some fellow Burton Bat-fans in this thread might get a kick out of it...

After waiting almost 11 years to show it to him, my oldest son Blaze finally got to watch the 1989 Batman film yesterday! I have been building up the excitement for this viewing literally since he was born in the hopes of making an event out of this 24-year-old film... just like it was for me at age 11 way back in '89! The video in the linked post at my blog shows his reaction to the surprise viewing, my reasons for waiting him to be this age, and his initial thoughts after viewing it. Enjoy!

Showing My Son Blaze The 1989 Batman Film For The First Time...

Sallah

Wow, that's great. So you guys saw it on the 19th? That's exactly when we had our showing here. The only thing that would have made it better for your son is if you picked him up from school to take him to a theatrical release. Too bad you guys didn't live around here.

While there were a lot of adults, plenty of kids were there too, many of whom looked to have been seeing it for the first time (lots of lego Batman shirts).

The thing that surprised me is how enthusiastic the theater was during the showing. The place was filled and there was cheering when "Batman" appeared in the opening credits, when Batman first appears, the Batmobile and all that Joker stuff got a lot of laughs. It was crazy. It was pretty hard for me to get as enthusiastic since I've seen it so many times, but hearing laughs and cheers, especially for the Nicholson stuff made it a unique experience.

People loved the scene where Bruce is trying to explain himself to Vicki at her apartment but just can't let it out. I thought that was surprising, I forgot how great that scene was and how great Keaton plays it.

I even noticed things that I normally just glance over. Like Bob recording all the damages done to the museum on his notepad, Bruce Wayne purposely looking to get Vale drunk just to boff her and is annoyed the following morning when she's looking to go out when he's preoccupied with visiting the street where his parents were murdered.

It's just a shame that AMC theaters don't show their classic movies everywhere, as, apparently, they had an 89/Returns double feature in Pittsburgh yesterday, according to DiFabio. Seeing it on the big screen might've been even cooler!

25th Anniversary next year, there might be a chance. These movie studios are really starting to take notice of these "Classic Nights" re-releases. Hits like Batman are catching on and may very well have inspired domestic re-releases nation wide.

Maybe this has already been asked or somebody has already pointed it out but is it me or are the horns are a too big? only by a quarter inch or less, also would of been nice if they had painted the belt with a darker yellow color like in the movie but I guess we can win em all.

That face made the years of building this up all worth it. :)

Like I said in the video, it was WAY more emotional than I could have foreseen. I was definitely tearing up when the movie started up, looking at the joy on his face... I could see myself way back in 1989 doing the exact same thing. I can honestly say I have never seen that face on him for any other movie, even current ones. It truly became an experience.

Sallah

That was really a touching thing to watch, my friend. It was clearly of very deep personal significance to you, so thank you for sharing it with your fellow freaks. You clearly have a great bond with your sons and it is lovely to see that 'in the flesh' so to speak. It was most uplifting. Too often we see/hear so many terrible things relating to children in the news so it's great to see something that swing it right back the other way.

My son and I have a special bond, he is autistic and so does not see/get things quite in the same way that perhaps the rest of us might, but he is a fine...well I was going to say boy, but he is 15 now (where does it all go?) so 'young man' would be more appropriate. Our "thing" is to attend signing and memorabilia events and he has met so many celebrities that I have lots count of them, but his top favourites are Dr Who cast members.

It's great to have that special 'something' so thank you for posting it.

Maybe this has already been asked or somebody has already pointed it out but is it me or are the horns are a too big? only by a quarter inch or less, also would of been nice if they had painted the belt with a darker yellow color like in the movie but I guess we can win em all.

The ears look fine to me and I think the belt is pretty accurate. Unless you are thinking of those promo shots of Bats and Joker. That belt had more of a gold color.

The belt sort of annoys me. The original prototype had it "right" (or what I preferred), I like that more golden, yellow/brown look. It sort of subdues the colors and makes the symbol stand out more, which it should.

Do I hate the yellow belt we got. Nope, it's even accurate for the most part. But it would have been nice if they included both depending on how we'd display.

I REALLY hope the Returns Batman has the darker belt that the prototype for this one originally came with. I'd just swap it with one of my DX 09 '89 Batman figures. If not, I hope they atleast include both so we get it in some capacity.

You know all you have to do is spray paint one. I thought about doing it. They have the perfect color at AC Moore. But you never mod anything, do you?

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

Back